Derek and Susan talk about returning to the road in new interview

peachlovingman
(@peachlovingman)
Extreme Peach
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Always love reading Derek interviews.

Here's Junior Wills & Buddy doing "Little by Little" that Susan used to often play which they've since resurrected for the Fireside Tour.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2021 3:40 pm
Rusty liked
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@porkchopbob Wow Junior Wells and Buddy don't have to try and sound like blues musicians. It just flows out naturally. 

Enjoyed reading the interview with Derek and Susan. They are such talented and humble people. Kept their people on the payroll during the hardest part of Covid-19. And the mention of Tommy Talton was great. Tommy isn't playing to very many people these days but he is, as Derek said, a very fine guitar player who can play from within. 

I saw Tommy do this at a club in Atlanta some years ago. Check out his solo after the piano solo. He finally almost gets his slide behind the bridge on his old guitar. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by robertdee
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2021 3:55 pm
PorkchopBob and Rusty liked
Rusty
(@rusty)
Peach Extraordianire

@robertdee I love Tommy!  I don't know how come people act like that ... or how come somebody decided to get all up in Tommy's face with a camera (phone?).  He's a great, great player and the superest of super nice folks!  Thanks for posting!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2021 4:20 pm
Share: