Buddy Guy Documentary on PBS

8 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Tuesday July 27, PBS:  Buddy Guy:  The Blues Chase The Blues Away.  Check local listings, West Coast Time is 9:00 -10:30 PM.

Posted : July 26, 2021 8:42 pm
WarEagleRK reacted
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

Thanks @robslob, I'll have to set my system up to capture this as I always like to hear what Mr. Guy has to say about his life in the Blues!

Posted : July 27, 2021 9:53 am
robslob reacted
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

I saw a plug for this today in my Instagram feed.  Looks like it's part of the American Masters series.  I've never been disappointed with any of them.  In fact, most have been extraordinarily good.  I'm looking forward to this one, too!  

Thanks, Rob!  

Posted : July 27, 2021 3:36 pm
robslob reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Here's a link to watch the show. Some interesting information.

https://schedule.wttw.com/episodes/551063/American-Masters/Buddy-Guy-The-Blues-Chase-The-Blues-Away/?tp=de07b06d-8755-4a32-a444-e108b83fbf99

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : July 28, 2021 8:15 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Buddy on Letterman!! I need some clothes like Buddy is wearing. Sharp dressed man!! 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : July 28, 2021 9:46 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee

Lightening has some sharp clothes. I'll dress like Buddy and you dress like Lightening. 

You know men like them didn't take any lessons. They just grabbed a guitar and sang and played the blues from deep inside. Raw but AUTHENTIC!! 

Posted : July 28, 2021 12:57 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Buddy and B B meet Hendrix 

Posted : July 28, 2021 1:14 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Is Jimi Hendrix the most famous guitarist in the history of rock music?? 

LIVE AND LOUD AND POWERFUL!!! 

I only saw Jimi once in 1968. Not as loud as Led Zeppelin but Jimi's guitar WAS LOUD!!!!!

I didn't know much about amps then but in this live video I can now see why! HUGE MARSHALLS TURNED UP TO EAR BLEED!  

I bet when they look back 10 years from now Jimi Hendrix will still be on top!! The greatest electric guitar player ever! Sorry Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, David Gilmore, Jimmy Page.  But those guys I bet also knew Jimi was number one! 

Everybody agree? 

Posted : July 28, 2021 1:38 pm
Share: