(@andyvannoy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : July 24, 2021 8:55 pm
CrossEyedCat reacted
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Estimable Member

Sounded good. I liked the jams at the end.

Posted : July 24, 2021 9:36 pm
allmansrvvegas
(@allmansrvvegas)
Honorable Member

nice little Tim Buckley tune....Once I Was

Posted : July 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member

Extraordinary! Thanks! I've been listening to this for 20+ years and have never heard it so good. Yee-haw!

"My Favorite Things" is heartbreaking. While the Allmans continued to be good, I wonder how they would have progressed had Duane lived. He and Jaimoe were both passionate about jazz, especially Miles, Charlie, and John. I'm confident they would have gone in a much stronger jazz direction. I think I read also that he had visions of several horns (as did Danny Gatton in the '80s and '90s). Would they have leaned into a Duke Ellington/Count Basie realm?

""For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" ("Maud Muller", John Greenleaf Whittier)

Billastro

This post was modified 3 years ago by Billastro

Posted : July 24, 2021 10:25 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

What happened to the video?? I was going to listen to it again. 

Well here is Billy Strings singing about selling drugs and being back in prison. 

Derek Trucks. B. B. says it's about the best he has ever heard!!!

Let's go back to 1956 and so good slide Dobro.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by robertdee

Posted : August 8, 2021 10:26 am
Rusty reacted
andyvannoy
(@andyvannoy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@robertdee The bands management took down my entire channel. 

Posted : August 9, 2021 11:14 am
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

Sad and sorry to see this Andy. You did some fine work.

Posted : August 9, 2021 1:42 pm
CrossEyedCat
(@crosseyedcat)
Estimable Member

@andyvannoy - Management probably heard the quality of the Gatlinburg Tapes and thought they could market them for release. Shame I enjoyed your channel.

I suspect they are looking at releasing some of the Warehouse material which was also on your channel. Must be frustrating as you must have put some time and effort into that channel.

Posted : August 9, 2021 2:34 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@andyvannoy Bummer Bummer. Sorry they did that. They apparently don't want hardcore fans to enjoy these rare recordings and film. 

As I said before. The people most likely to buy this stuff isn't going to live long enough to throw that debt card down when it is released. Only been waiting 50 years. Walkers and oxygen is just around the corner!! Y'all ain't gonna make me get this stuff when I'm in a nursing home are you??

Posted : August 9, 2021 8:46 pm
PeachNutt reacted
andyvannoy
(@andyvannoy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@crosseyedcat I assumed it was Gatlinburg as well. If only they heard the version I have now... 

Posted : August 9, 2021 8:54 pm
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

Oh hell we all would want to hear it! As I said before Andy, you have done some fine work on those shows. I know I am enjoying them. Always looked forward to what was coming next. Until we meet again as they say...

Posted : August 10, 2021 7:57 am
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

That sucks Andy. Thanks for all of your work, I really enjoyed it. 

Posted : August 10, 2021 1:05 pm
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Reputable Member

Andy, I hope you find somewhere else to post all of your great work.  I definitely appreciated everything I heard.   

Posted : August 10, 2021 6:56 pm
andyvannoy
(@andyvannoy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@peachnutt I'm sadly not allowed to post anything anywhere. The bands lawyer made that clear. 

Such a shame

Posted : August 11, 2021 4:11 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yes it is andyvannoy, & I’d like to add my thanks, the work you did on those tapes was real nice - especially Gatlinburg, have had it for eons now (cassette), & background conversation I hadn’t heard b4, was tremendous to hear - all the best🤙🙏

Posted : August 11, 2021 6:06 pm
Share: