New Susan Tedeschi interview about TTB and new songs for next album

6 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
peachlovingman
(@peachlovingman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hey folks, here is an new interview with Susan T. There is info about what Derek and TTB have been up to (new songs) , as well as a great story about running into Johnny Cash (literally):

https://relix.com/articles/detail/susan-tedeschi-on-community-creativity-and-charging-into-johnny-cash/?utm_source=Relix+All+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3b3c21547f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_08_21_11_10_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4510819a5c-3b3c21547f-29765967&mc_cid=3b3c21547f&mc_eid=1a32768dc5

This topic was modified 3 years ago by peachlovingman

Posted : January 25, 2021 9:04 pm
Randall and PorkchopBob reacted
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

Thanks for sharing. Always interesting to hear wat Susan has to say. I remember the first time I saw her play. She was part of a Jazz Fest show in Indy with the likes of BB King and others. I knew then that she could play and what a great voice she has. Another time she play on the same bill as Joe Cocker and Buddy Guy. Once again she was the show stopper. Glad to see that things are working out for their band..

Posted : January 26, 2021 12:06 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Always look forward to the fresh TTB material. Hard to believe they've kept this beast going for 10 years.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 26, 2021 1:33 pm
Shorty
(@shorty)
Eminent Member

Living in Europe, I hope the Lock'n concerts will be issued in BluRay format (I received the Oakland concerts from a former colleague in the US who ordered it for me but I am retired now and do not longer have physical meetings in the US). PLEASE BluRay for European fans!!!

Posted : January 27, 2021 6:48 am
islalala
(@islalala)
Honorable Member

That interview seemed to end awkwardly abrupt but hey I'm just grateful to hear any good music news like that. Thanks for posting.

Can't wait for the pay per views and especially any new material!!!

This post was modified 3 years ago by islalala

Posted : January 27, 2021 12:44 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I had an aunt living in Las Vegas in 1999. She had since passed on. But I went to Vegas to hang and be there for the Allman Brothers Nascar Rocks show. Derek Trucks was in the band by then and Susan and her band opened. She sang and played lead guitar. I still remember she played a blue/green colored Telecaster with a lot of autographs on it. I think Dickey had signed it. Susan and her band were good. Real good. The Allman Brothers sounded exceptional.  Everyone was smiling and sharp. Butch had posted on this sight that they were all inspired by Derek. It was almost like having Duane back in the band and Dickey was so inspired that he was playing the best right now he has in years. And Dickey was real crisp and fine on every tune. 

Hard to believe in less than a year the thing came off the rails and the Allman Brothers almost broke up. Gregg and Butch were going to resign. 

Posted : January 27, 2021 4:40 pm
Share: