The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Jumping R&B From The Bay Area Last Night

robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

So great to be able to hear JC Smith again last night after the long COVID draught.  Another Bay area mainstay Noel Catura on sax.  Not the greatest camera angle but you can hear it.  If you're wondering this tune was originally recorded by J.J. Jackson in 1966.

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by robslob
Topic starter Posted : August 1, 2021 2:28 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Here's one more, Wilson Pickett's She's Looking Good.  Does anyone know if Duane played on Wilson Pickett's version (1968)?  I listened to it on youtube, certainly sounds like it could be Duane.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 1, 2021 2:33 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@robslob Nice R&B clips! As far as I know, Duane Allman isn't on this track but appears on Wilson's next album released in 1969. 

I was a little confused by the video. At first it look as if there was a wall between the audience and the band and you could see behind the wall from the camera position. The pole or post created an optical delusion:) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2021 3:43 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

@robertdee:  I was upstairs.  Poor House Bistro is a former Victorian home which was converted into a restaurant.  The railing is upstairs on the front porch of the restaurant, necessary obviously to keep patrons from falling off the porch.  You must walk up some stairs to enter the restaurant.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 1, 2021 6:50 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@robslob Got it. Sounds like a cool place to see a good show. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2021 7:52 pm
Share: