Butch gone 4 years...

4 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Never got around to posting this on Sunday on the 4th anniversary of Butch's passing. 

I so do wish Butch was still with us. I wonder how he would like living so close to the newest ex-president. Lol, I can only imagine what he would say. 

Posted : January 26, 2021 7:17 am
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

Yes, it's been to long already. I had the pleasure of meeting his son and daughter(Valor and Melody), a few years ago at GABBA fest.

They just like Butch have such a great respect for music and the happiness it bring s to so many of us.. 

Butch Trucks was one heck of a drummer, but more, IMO he was the real thing.  He didn't hold back.

The world lost a great person the day Butch Trucks died, but it did not and will never lose his memory and what he added to The Allman Brothers Band and also his other projects like The Freight Train Band and FrogWings.

I am so glad he rests along side his brothers at Rose hill.

Rest easy my friend, you've done your job!

Posted : January 26, 2021 11:19 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Butch was the backbone of every lineup the ABB had. Great drummer. It still gets me when after a long Whipping Post on Fillmore East, the moment they finish Butch jumps on the beginning of Mountain Jam.  An hour of non stop playing for Butch and Jaimoe.

I actually knew two guys some years apart who did the same thing when they got hung up in a big fat IRS mess. 

Posted : January 27, 2021 6:35 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Here's a great "Mountain Jam > Blue Sky" from Lock'n 2014. The ABB rhythm section was a BEAST.

Funny how Gregg cuts off the "Blue Sky" jam like he woke up from a nap.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 27, 2021 10:19 am
StratDal reacted
Share: