Black Crowes Live

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I know they fired up the tour a few weeks ago, and thought I would look up some live footage. Pretty decent audio and video from the audience.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by jszfunk

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : June 29, 2022 11:52 am
MonroeWatson
(@monroewatson)

Saw them in Wilmington, NC two two weeks ago (with Drivin' n Cryin' opening - awesome !), and the Crowes sound was as good or better as i've ever heard.  Seen them in '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10, '13, and the rock n' roll vibe was right on.  First time catching "Struttin' Blues" and "Could I Have Been So Blind", just magnificent.  "A Conspiracy" was the sweet little something thrown in there.

I have been, and remain, a fan of the Crowes unique way of jamming (Rich riff, band joins in, crescendo to an apex of sound, then drop and start song), but the "hit em' hard" approach of this show worked for me.  Wiser Time and Thorn in My Pride both went the 10 minute distance, and the new "guitar guy" Isiah Mitchell is a MONSTER.  Was good to see Sven on the 4 strings.  I'd go again tomorrow in a heartbeat, but would love a new album from these guys as well.  Turmoil, Chris's ego, the Magpie "drop", no MFF, Gorman's (amazing) book, etc., this is just a great, great American rock n' roll band.  They aren't many, if any, like the Crowes left walking these woods.

Posted : July 4, 2022 5:04 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @monroewatson

Saw them in Wilmington, NC two two weeks ago (with Drivin' n Cryin' opening - awesome !), and the Crowes sound was as good or better as i've ever heard.  Seen them in '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10, '13, and the rock n' roll vibe was right on.  First time catching "Struttin' Blues" and "Could I Have Been So Blind", just magnificent.  "A Conspiracy" was the sweet little something thrown in there.

I have been, and remain, a fan of the Crowes unique way of jamming (Rich riff, band joins in, crescendo to an apex of sound, then drop and start song), but the "hit em' hard" approach of this show worked for me.  Wiser Time and Thorn in My Pride both went the 10 minute distance, and the new "guitar guy" Isiah Mitchell is a MONSTER.  Was good to see Sven on the 4 strings.  I'd go again tomorrow in a heartbeat, but would love a new album from these guys as well.  Turmoil, Chris's ego, the Magpie "drop", no MFF, Gorman's (amazing) book, etc., this is just a great, great American rock n' roll band.  They aren't many, if any, like the Crowes left walking these woods.

Good post ! Wow, looks like you have seen them quite a bit. Very cool. I think I may have caught them at least a half dozen times over the last 25-30 yrs. Did not get a chance to see them last summer on the Shake Your Money Maker Tour. Probably not this summer either due to no shows close by.

From the clips I have seen/heard of Isiah he seems pretty solid. I will be honest, after seeing Charlie Starr sit in with the band , I was hoping they were going to stick with him for a variety of reasons. Oh well.....

I think we will be getting new music from these guys in the near future. The brothers Robinson have proved they can write very high quality music and are more formidable when together doing that. I would love nothing more for them to put out a rock record that kinda turns the ear of the music world back to that genre. That goes along with what you said " this is just a great, great American rock n' roll band. They aren't many, if any, like the Crowes left walking these woods."    I know I need more of that.

Posted : July 5, 2022 12:28 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted : July 11, 2022 11:56 am
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

I foolishly missed the Crowes on this tour, but I fully agree that at their best, they are one of the best bands around. I do not understand how Chris's voice has stayed so strong for so long!!

Posted : July 11, 2022 7:01 pm
matt05 reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @jimsheridan

I foolishly missed the Crowes on this tour, but I fully agree that at their best, they are one of the best bands around. I do not understand how Chris's voice has stayed so strong for so long!!

Yeah , I think it might be from the years of the CRB band, where he was not going full tilt front man with that style of music. Might have saved it alittle. Just a guess.

I agree, great band, looking forward to them bringing some new RNR back into the world.

This post was modified 1 month ago by jszfunk

Posted : July 12, 2022 4:02 pm
matt05 reacted
Share: