Allman Family Revival

11 Posts
7 Users
2 Likes
allmanfan21
(@allmanfan21)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Well, just got tickets to see this show in Dallas on Nov. 29. Pretty excited about this one!! I've seen the Allman Betts Band a couple times, and they're great, but this show sounds like it will be even better, especially with all of the special guests included. Robert Randolph, Donavon Frankenreiter, Lilly Hiatt, Luther Dickinson, Eric Gales, Joanne Shaw Taylor, Cody Dickinson, Jimmy Hall, Lamar Williams Jr, River Kittens, and many more TBA. Very Special Guests: Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Samantha Fish

Posted : October 9, 2021 9:07 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

I would have gone to see just the Allman Betts Band as I have seen them several times before COVID and they always put on a great show.

With the guest musicians this should be a special event.

I splurged for 6 row center seats at the Boston Orpheum and Can't wait for this concert.

Posted : October 9, 2021 11:09 pm
Shorty
(@shorty)
Eminent Member

Yeah, me too. They have cancelled the European tour  urgh.... I had one ticket for my sister who, 41 years ago, bought an ABB ticket (when I was still travelling in the US).

Posted : October 10, 2021 4:55 am
Bill_Graham reacted
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Trusted Member

Will Warren show up at the Beacon ??

Posted : November 11, 2021 3:12 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Duane Betts sat in with TTB last night on Liz Reed and another song. 

Can't find any video so far. 

Posted : November 17, 2021 11:53 am
slothrop8
(@slothrop8)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @robertdee

Duane Betts sat in with TTB last night on Liz Reed and another song. 

Can't find any video so far. 

Posted : November 17, 2021 9:30 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@slothrop8  Hey now. Thank you! It's a cookin' version of his Dad's song. The boy certainly has come into his own since he joined Dawes. To me that is when Duane Betts became a better than average player. 

TTB is a strong band across the stage!!

Posted : November 18, 2021 6:52 am
Joe_the_Lurker
(@joe_the_lurker)
Reputable Member

@slothrop8 That Liz Reed with Duane Betts is AWESOME!!   I'm so happy to see collaboration with TTB.  I've been wondering for a while now why the sons of the Brothers weren't part of the Brothers 50 and why there seems to be no collaboration between Derek&Warren and the Allman Betts Band.   I hope there is more of this in the future.

As for the Allman Family Revival, I got 2nd row for Tulsa and can't freaking wait!

Posted : November 18, 2021 4:05 pm
Bill_Graham reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@joe_the_lurker Here is one with Gov't Mule a couple of years ago. Devon has Duane Allman's ring guitar strap which he inherited from Gregg along with Gregg's 42 guitars. 

Posted : November 19, 2021 10:33 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@joe_the_lurker And remember Dickey was asked to join for the 50th show and said no. Derek Trucks then called Dickey saying you have to be here. But Dickey said he can't fly because of a recent head injury and told Derek to tell the guys to knock it out of the park. 

Posted : November 19, 2021 10:36 am
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Trusted Member

Tour opener tonight hope we get some reviews, setlists, guests.

Posted : November 27, 2021 11:25 am
Share: