41 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
15.1 K Views
ABBDutchFan
(@abbdutchfan)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I just spotted this. Wasn't sure if posting this was the right thing. I'm everything but "politically correct" but found this eBay offer rather disturbing and in very poor taste. Somebody got a hold of the one and only post-autopsy polariod taken of "Dwayne Allman". Offered for 1000 bucks. Painful to watch. Is this legal? Can't this be stopped?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XThe-only-photo-of-none-existence-of-Dwayne-Allman-after-completion-of-autopsy.TRS0&_nkw=The-only-photo-of-none-existence-of-Dwayne-Allman-after-completion-of-autopsy&_sacat=0

Posted : June 12, 2017 2:03 pm
The_Newt
(@the_newt)
Reputable Member

I reported it to ebay.

That's really messed up someone would try to profit from Duane's death this way and put the autopsy picture on a site to get as much money as they can from it.

[Edited on 6/12/2017 by The_Newt]

Posted : June 12, 2017 2:19 pm
Fretsman
(@fretsman)
Noble Member

Horrific.

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:04 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Nobody but an immediate blood relative should have access to something like this. There is no end to morbid curiosity and opportunism.

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:13 pm
chasenbluesman
(@chasenbluesman)
Estimable Member

Over many years of reading/looking at lots of macabre things about many famous people on the internet and in books, I had never heard even a rumor of a possibility that a pic like this with him in it existed.
If this is..As the description claims the one and only original, i'm assuming it must have recently been stolen from the office from which the seller claims its from.
(Why would a gov agency/dept release or give away or throw out something like this considering who it is and the connection he/they have with the state and town)

The location for the seller/pic states that its in Macon,Could there be any legal ramifications from either obtaining this and trying to sell it?

[Edited on 6/12/2017 by chasenbluesman]

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Edge
 Edge
(@edge)
Trusted Member

There are some fucked up people in this world, Geez!

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:36 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Why would there have been an autopsy? He died at the hospital after they tried to save him. They knew what his injuries were and they knew how he obtained them because of the accident.

Autopsies are not always done if someone dies in a hospital.

If someone dies at home, they ARE done unless an attending physician will sign off on the death certificate and say that they knew the patient and they were expecting death to occur.

It is probably just the photo at the hospital morgue or before he was sent there. I won't get into gory details, but there is NO proof he was autopsied or that this is a post autopsy photo. He looks deceased but that is all the photo shows.

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:42 pm
ArleneWeiss
(@arleneweiss)
Reputable Member

The seller is a Sharon McBride, found it on the Ebay reviews/comments. One theory, the seller could have worked in the coroner's/doctor's office and took the photo or stole it, or bought it from someone who did work in the office. That would be my guess as nothing is sacred, including HIPPA/Privacy laws regarding living patients & the deceased patients via their doctors, medical providers, even when the patient passes away. Living or Deceased I believe this is very illegal.

Gina, if this is from the morgue or hospital, that makes this even more illegal. Under NO circumstances are medical photos allowed to be released to anyone other than medical professionals, law enforcement, or family, and never ever to be used for sale or profit. Gonna guess some employee absconded with this photo and it fell into the wrong hands, in a chain for profitable gains.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/index.html

[Edited on 6/12/2017 by ArleneWeiss]

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:46 pm
ArleneWeiss
(@arleneweiss)
Reputable Member

[Edited on 6/13/2017 by ArleneWeiss]

Posted : June 12, 2017 3:59 pm
MACONMUSIC
(@maconmusic)
Trusted Member

Man, that's a really vile invasion of privacy and dignity, even after this many decades.

Consider this; The Polaroid is date marked Nov 71....He died on 10-29-71 which if I'm not mistaken was a Friday evening from what I remember hearing. So Sat. was 30th, Sun. was 31st., and Mon. was 11/1. That pic was dated almost 3 full days after his passing if the date mark is accurate.

Does anyone remember what day of the week his service was held on at the funeral chapel?

Either way, that's really invasive and nasty, especially since family members are still alive.
Somehow, that got into the wrong hands.

Posted : June 12, 2017 4:31 pm
GOODVIBRATIONS
(@goodvibrations)
Estimable Member

I was so upset I tried to complain on eBay as well but the listing is not there to reference, at least on the United States eBay.
I can honestly say that was the worst thing I ever saw on the internet.Thanks for making that complaint as it seems to have worked. What a terrible, terrible thing!

Posted : June 12, 2017 4:47 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Why would there have been an autopsy? He died at the hospital after they tried to save him. They knew what his injuries were and they knew how he obtained them because of the accident.

Autopsies are not always done if someone dies in a hospital.

If someone dies at home, they ARE done unless an attending physician will sign off on the death certificate and say that they knew the patient and they were expecting death to occur.

It is probably just the photo at the hospital morgue or before he was sent there. I won't get into gory details, but there is NO proof he was autopsied or that this is a post autopsy photo. He looks deceased but that is all the photo shows.

I don't know about all the legalese. I remember that a NASCAR driver died in a race a few years ago and that there were lawsuits over public access to autopsy photographs. So there was an autopsy following a NASCAR wreck - which (one would imagine) was the cause of death. Sick and disgusting all the same.

Posted : June 12, 2017 4:52 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Good Lord -- hopefully this is taken down quickly -- & that the seller doesn't get the $ they're looking for

Posted : June 12, 2017 4:57 pm
MACONMUSIC
(@maconmusic)
Trusted Member

Rethinking my earlier post, that Nov 71 date mark on the Polaroid may have been the date it was developed, not necessarily the date it was taken. Been a long time since I've used a Polaroid, so maybe that's more likely, can't recall.

As far as the origins of the photo, obviously only 3 possible; Medical facility post mortem, law enforcement documenting accident or funeral industry. Whoever is attempting to sell this is likely very long removed from the source of origin. Could have been in someone's possession for decades or in a box in storage and when that party may have passed on, could have transferred hands numerous times until here it is in all its gory reality. I would imagine if a surviving family member wanted to pursue a legal avenue, they could, but it would also cost $$$ to do so and as we all know a lawyer would be happy to take it.

Pretty shameful it has come to this, but if this ain't proof of the callous, invasive day and age we live in, I don't know what is. The internet is both a modern wonder and a huge curse wrapped in one 24/7/365 package. Same with the media.
Sheeeesh, some things just don't need to be seen or known, no matter how much people think they are entitled to freedom of information. Very Sad.

Posted : June 12, 2017 6:22 pm
crazyjoe
(@crazyjoe)
Noble Member

Well, I am sending much love to the entire Allman Family, Band, Friends and Fans. It is the only thing I see that can possibly somehow counter act behavior this unfair and low.......Peace.......joe

Posted : June 12, 2017 7:27 pm
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Well a great way to counteract this clown is a mere search and click away . . . but ebay making her eat the sale is probably good enough. Hell, she might even be reading this thread! If so, hope you learned something, Sharon, man that was creepy and low, try to find another way to support your meth habit, honey.

Posted : June 12, 2017 7:44 pm
chasenbluesman
(@chasenbluesman)
Estimable Member

Does anyone remember what day of the week his service was held on at the funeral chapel?

Monday Nov 1.

Posted : June 12, 2017 10:09 pm
bird72
(@bird72)
Honorable Member

Very sick ebay sale that violated ebay rules. Ebay sellers can be messaged from other ebay registered people. FYI if anyone wanted to convey anything. I will say some of the particulars in this thread and questions are kinda funny feeling also. The timing of the auction was particularly despicable. Thank You Newt for proper response. Ebay DOES respond quickly to bad. In my old car world, the ebay stories are incredulous.

Posted : June 13, 2017 5:59 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

How did this person come into possession of the photo, is what I'd like to know
if this was the official autopsy photo, selling it on ebay should be very illegal as it would be for any such photo, & she should pay

if it's not the official photo, it had to have been taken by a hospital employee, or maybe someone who helped treat Duane, shortly after he was pronounced dead -- it was a shocking & upsetting image & thanks for the quick removal

[Edited on 6/13/2017 by Stephen]

Posted : June 13, 2017 9:07 am
ArleneWeiss
(@arleneweiss)
Reputable Member

While doing detective research to find the ebay seller or see if this Sharon McBride or anyone else posted or reposted the photo anywhere I came across both of these,

dated January 2017

dated March 2017

Both posted by foreign sounding named posters, nothing there just a visual image of some PDF file, but I'm guessing that unfortunately there may be more of these than we all were/are aware of and to be on the lookout for to report.

Posted : June 13, 2017 9:14 am
peach-head
(@peach-head)
Reputable Member

DISGUSTING, Glad its been taken down.

Posted : June 13, 2017 9:33 am
bird72
(@bird72)
Honorable Member

I would caution anyone on anything of this nature, please don't open pages or click on links when you know it can scar you. Who wants to know Duane this way, or anyone? It has nothing to do with their life, only has to do with our own fear of death.

Posted : June 13, 2017 9:36 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

The seller is a Sharon McBride, found it on the Ebay reviews/comments. One theory, the seller could have worked in the coroner's/doctor's office and took the photo or stole it, or bought it from someone who did work in the office. That would be my guess as nothing is sacred, including HIPPA/Privacy laws regarding living patients & the deceased patients via their doctors, medical providers, even when the patient passes away. Living or Deceased I believe this is very illegal.

Gina, if this is from the morgue or hospital, that makes this even more illegal. Under NO circumstances are medical photos allowed to be released to anyone other than medical professionals, law enforcement, or family, and never ever to be used for sale or profit. Gonna guess some employee absconded with this photo and it fell into the wrong hands, in a chain for profitable gains.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/index.html

[Edited on 6/12/2017 by ArleneWeiss]

Overlooked this good post -- this scenario makes the most sense -- thankfully, no images come up on those 2 links on my computer
What made her decide to post on Ebay for a quick grand, a photo she'd held onto all these years -- what a world

[Edited on 6/13/2017 by Stephen]

Posted : June 13, 2017 9:39 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Cashing in on recent ABB interest, trailertrash hoping for dope money.

Posted : June 13, 2017 11:34 am
anthonyspare
(@anthonyspare)
Estimable Member

Cashing in on recent ABB interest, trailertrash hoping for dope money.

Sounds about right. Quick Google search and I came across a lawsuit filed by her and her husband against BOA in Macon for stepping in their storm drain and falling in the middle of a sunny day. Sounds like a good ol' ambulance chaser/schemer/POS.

Posted : June 13, 2017 12:01 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Man, that's a really vile invasion of privacy and dignity, even after this many decades.

Consider this; The Polaroid is date marked Nov 71....He died on 10-29-71 which if I'm not mistaken was a Friday evening from what I remember hearing. So Sat. was 30th, Sun. was 31st., and Mon. was 11/1. That pic was dated almost 3 full days after his passing if the date mark is accurate.

Either way, that's really invasive and nasty, especially since family members are still alive.
Somehow, that got into the wrong hands.

If this is a Polaroid, it isn't an official autopsy photo. If it's a Polaroid, it wouldn't have a processing date since Polaroids were self developing.
Since the photo has been taken down I can't see what type it is, or if it's one taken at the morticians before/after make-up.

Posted : June 17, 2017 6:13 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Some Polaroid film IIRC were sent out at stores & returned w/date on pictures such as what was on this photo -- my guess is that it was taken shortly after he was pronounced deceased -- at hospital, b4 he was transported anywhere -- by whom, Lord only knows
Willie wrote in his book that Duane "looked at peace in his silent sleep" at the funeral -- this wasn't that

[Edited on 6/17/2017 by Stephen]

Posted : June 17, 2017 9:09 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Some Polaroid film IIRC were sent out at stores & returned w/date on pictures such as what was on this photo -- my guess is that it was taken shortly after he was pronounced deceased -- at hospital, b4 he was transported anywhere -- by whom, Lord only knows
Willie wrote in his book that Duane "looked at peace in his silent sleep" at the funeral -- this wasn't that

[Edited on 6/17/2017 by Stephen]

Was the date on the front of the photo?

Posted : June 17, 2017 8:23 pm
chasenbluesman
(@chasenbluesman)
Estimable Member

Was the date on the front of the photo?

Yes similar to this,Dated Nov 71.

On the back written in pen was Duane's name,Address and the date of the accident.

Posted : June 17, 2017 11:52 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Dates on Polaroid pictures refer to the time of manufacturing.

The blonde ^ - ... is that Bonnie Bramlett?

Posted : June 18, 2017 5:41 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: