Skydog Tribute - Don't Keep Me Wonderin'

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
WillieWilliams
(@williewilliams)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey folks, I haven't posted in a while and I thought some of you might interested in what I've been up to. Been playing quite a bit with an ABB tribute band called SKYDOG. The band recently played its 10th anniversary show in Richmond, VA and we had a film crew on hand to document it. Please don't interpret this as bragging, but I'm REALLY proud of this band. All the guys in the band are incredible players and singers, and it's really an honor to be a part of this thing. These guys really love the ABB, especially the Duane era material. Anyway, here's the first track we've released from the pro video shoot this past March. Hope you guys like it! I'd love to hear feedback, positive or otherwise. We're always looking to improve! I'm playing slide on the red SG in this one. One of my favorite ABB tracks of all time! Thanks guys, ~WW

[Edited on 4/26/2019 by WillieWilliams]

Posted : April 25, 2019 7:00 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Man, good stuff. The slide player has the tone and bite down, dedication to craft...

Any more videos?
Cool

Posted : April 25, 2019 7:11 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Estimable Member

Nice

Posted : April 26, 2019 12:50 am
spoonbelly
(@spoonbelly)
Estimable Member

You guys nailed it again.

Posted : April 26, 2019 4:03 am
WillieWilliams
(@williewilliams)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Man, good stuff. The slide player has the tone and bite down, dedication to craft...

Any more videos?
Cool

thanks man! that would be me. 😉 and yes, lots more videos. Please check out my channel!

https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualWoodshed

Posted : April 28, 2019 8:21 am
sckeys
(@sckeys)
Honorable Member

Well done!

Posted : April 28, 2019 10:38 am
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member

You're so good, you've earned the right to be flamboyant. earned the right for some Duane swagger. Let 'er rip.

Posted : April 28, 2019 12:14 pm
DeadMallard
(@deadmallard)
Reputable Member

really enjoyed this

Posted : June 14, 2019 6:32 pm
DuaneFrenchFan
(@duanefrenchfan)

Hey folks, I haven't posted in a while and I thought some of you might interested in what I've been up to. Been playing quite a bit with an ABB tribute band called SKYDOG. The band recently played its 10th anniversary show in Richmond, VA and we had a film crew on hand to document it. Please don't interpret this as bragging, but I'm REALLY proud of this band. All the guys in the band are incredible players and singers, and it's really an honor to be a part of this thing. These guys really love the ABB, especially the Duane era material. Anyway, here's the first track we've released from the pro video shoot this past March. Hope you guys like it! I'd love to hear feedback, positive or otherwise. We're always looking to improve! I'm playing slide on the red SG in this one. One of my favorite ABB tracks of all time! Thanks guys, ~WW

[Edited on 4/26/2019 by WillieWilliams]

Hi there I m Nicolas I live in the south of france and Duane is one of my favourite guitar player... He let us a new world with his beautiful slide playing. God bless him!!!
I m happy to share my love for Duane with you on this great forum.
Cheers !!

[Edited on 7/5/2019 by DuaneFrenchFan]

Posted : July 5, 2019 10:04 am
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member

Willie's got a new Skydog YouTube up, Elizabeth Reed. He really nails it. I love tenor saxophone but I don't think this guy's style fits. Swing era style tenor would have matched Duane better I think. One of my personal regrets is that Duane and Ben Webster never made an LP together; bet they would have loved each other. Anyway besides that and that snare drum banging relentlessly, great recording, Willie gave me chills.

Posted : July 13, 2019 12:09 am
WillieWilliams
(@williewilliams)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Willie's got a new Skydog YouTube up, Elizabeth Reed. He really nails it. I love tenor saxophone but I don't think this guy's style fits. Swing era style tenor would have matched Duane better I think. One of my personal regrets is that Duane and Ben Webster never made an LP together; bet they would have loved each other. Anyway besides that and that snare drum banging relentlessly, great recording, Willie gave me chills.

Hey tenors, thanks for the share! Yeah, our intention was to multitrack that show, but we ran into technical difficulties and had to settle for a stereo board mix. So it's not an ideal mix, but all things considered I can live with it. Thanks again for your support! (ps if you ever comment on my youtube channel make sure you say who you are so I'll know to say hi!) ~WW

Posted : July 15, 2019 2:01 pm
Share: