Hey there sweet family,
Happy weekend! There’s a whole lot of peach to share, so we’re going to bounce right to it:
* If you haven’t done so already, help rock the vote for Moogis! http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=583 has all details.
* Please know that work on confirming Allman Brothers Band Beacon pre-sale ticket orders is progressing … and if you’re one of the nearly 200 people who joined the Peach Corps at the last minute simply to get in on the pre-sale, don’t hold your breath. For all the ABBeacon dates go to http://www.allmanbrothersband.com
* Gregg Allman & Friends are in Chicago at the House of Blues tonight (Sat., Jan. 13) , and in St. Louis at the Pageant tomorrow (Sun., Jan. 14). They they’re escaping the cold and going to Hawaii for 4 shows January 17 – 21! The dates/venues are:
Jan 17 (Wed) – KAUAI WAR MEMORIAL THEATER Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii
19 (Fri) – MAUI ARTS & CULTURAL CENTER – CASTLE THEATER Maui, Hawaii
20 (Sat) – HILTON WAIKOLOA VILLAGE – GRAND BALLROOM Waikoloa, Hawaii
21 (Sun) – EVENTS AT THE TOWER Honolulu, Hawaii
To see the poster for GA&F’s Hawaii 2007 Tour go to:
For complete GA&F tour information check: http://www.greggallman.com … and check back often, because more tour dates are going to be announced soon! Whoo hoo! Y’ gotta love how wonderfully this tour is being received. As one fan (Hi Tony!) said, “Everyone was blown away! … If Gregg and Friends are coming to your area, I suggest you get off your butt and go out to see the show!” No wonder more dates keep getting added! Go, Gregg!
* Speaking of dates being added, in addition to the Beacon run, the Allman Brothers Band is locked solid into The Wanee Music Festival (http://www.waneefestival.com) April 13 and 14 in Live Oak, FL. Numerous ticket options, including pre-sale and VIP packages, are now availble via: http://www.waneefestival.com/tickets.html
* The Derek Trucks Band is also appearing at Wanee (along with Oteil & the Peacemakers, http://www.oteilburbridge.com, and Govt’ Mule) and is planning a special midnight set featuring Susan Tedeschi on guitar and vocals. This will mark the first time Derek and Susan will officially be on the same bill sharing one band, one incredible set of music. There may be a few more surprises as well. With all those bands on board? Who’d have thought? 😉
btw, the new Downbeat Magazine features a cover story on Derek and Susan. It’s scheduled to hit newsstands on January 23rd.
All The Derek Trucks Band dates confirmed at this time are:
The Derek Trucks Band – Tour Dates:
4/14 Live Oak, FL Wanee Music Festival
5/15 Buffalo, NY Center for the Arts
5/16 Washington, DC Mellon Auditorium
5/17 Torrington, CT Warner Theatre
5/18 Morristown, NJ Community Theatre
5/19 Peekskill, NY Paramount Center for the Arts
5/23 Princeton, NJ McCarter Theatre
7/21 Detroit Lakes, MN 10,000 Lakes Festival
* Check out the 10,000 Lakes Festival (http://www.10klf.com). Gov’t Mule is also playing there, and more bands are to be announced. Plus, my aunt lives in DL. We’ll no doubt be there and would love to see you! 🙂
* The dTb’s first Jamcruise was a blast, full of incredible collaborations with the A-list of musicians on board. In addition to two dTb sets The Yonrico Scott Band and Scrapomatic (featuring Mike Mattison and Paul Olsen) delivered their own powerful sets aboard the ship featuring plenty of musical guests.
While Derek is overseas in the Far East with Eric Clapton this month the guys from the dTb will be keeping the groove alive on this side of the planet. Scrapomatic is co-headlining a tour with Jonah Smith and will work their way from Atlanta to the Northeast. Here is a full list of their tour dates (aside: Thank you, Blake!):
Scrapomatic – www.scrapomatic.com
1/13 Atlanta, GA Smith’s Olde Bar
1/14 Raleigh, NC Pour House
1/16 Vienna, VA Jammin’ Java
1/17 Philadelphia, PA Tin Angel
1/18 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell’s
1/19 Rochester, NY Water Street Music Hall
1/20 Woodstock, NY The Crest Bar
* From 7 PM to Midnight, EST Saturday, January 20, the WBAI – FM 99.5 NYC “Morning Dew” membership drive
will feature five hours of live music from the Allman Brothers Band and related family projects, including Warren Haynes/Gov’t Mule, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, and more. The station has told us they have ABB promotional items too. Check them out live, streaming over the internet through either:
www.wbai.org or www.morningdew.us
* Please zen collective positive healing vibes to all those knowingly and unknowingly in need … including these dear members of the extended family: Libby, Bobo, the Seamans, the Collins’, Bomberrys, the Todds, WillieHoward, Hoppy, uncle Chuck, sister Rita and the person you are thinking of right now.
Take care and know that you are loved,
Lana and Rowland