Presenting the Twelfth Godzilla Lounge

1,795 Posts
38 Users
38 Likes
157.8 K Views
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hey to all loungers. 2020 can kiss my Dixie ass...........well, except for the birth of 2 grandkids,

Really, hope all is well, with yall,

Hey Rick! ... good to "see" you ...

I agree with your sentiments entirely ...

And on the progeny front ... Congratulations! ... I also have a new Grandson due next month ... Cool

Stay safe and well y'all ...

Posted : August 10, 2020 11:06 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Hey to all loungers. 2020 can kiss my Dixie ass...........well, except for the birth of 2 grandkids,

Really, hope all is well, with yall,

Hey Rick! ... good to "see" you ...

I agree with your sentiments entirely ...

And on the progeny front ... Congratulations! ... I also have a new Grandson due next month ... Cool

Stay safe and well y'all ...

Here's to grandkids! They lift me up every day. Congrats, Rick! And great news, Colin. Grin

Posted : August 13, 2020 9:17 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Thanks Peg 😀

Posted : August 13, 2020 1:58 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Hi Colin. I read about the new release online somewhere and got super excited. That is until I read your post in the AG thread. You are probably so right. Damn! 🙁

Here's to hoping your assumptions are wrong!!!

Posted : August 17, 2020 9:00 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hi Colin. I read about the new release online somewhere and got super excited. That is until I read your post in the AG thread. You are probably so right. Damn! 🙁

Here's to hoping your assumptions are wrong!!!

Yes indeed Peg ... I would love it to be genuine but it just sounds like such a tall story ... and if it is genuine I don't hold out much hope for the sound quality given that it was (supposedly) made using a cassette tape recorder with a built in mic ... I know we all have recordings like that in our collections which we treasure, but they were traded freely ... I would expect more from a commercial archive release ... I hope to be proven wrong ...

Posted : August 17, 2020 2:26 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Of course, if it is genuine, I will still treasure it even if the quality is poor because it would be the last piece of Duane's recorded legacy

Posted : August 17, 2020 2:29 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Where's our bartender?  

Posted : September 13, 2020 1:43 pm
WharfRat
(@wharfrat)
Honorable Member

LOUNGERS Inlove  

Posted : September 13, 2020 4:14 pm
WharfRat
(@wharfrat)
Honorable Member

Wotts with the Member rating badge

Posted : September 13, 2020 4:15 pm
Slammer
(@slammer)
Eminent Member

Been quite a while since I been here

Hiya Peg,

How's things Colin?

Duuuuuuude,  Sup?

Posted : September 15, 2020 12:25 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

((((((((((((((Steve!))))))))  So good to hear from you, brother!  I'm fine.  Really concerned about David.  Praying he pulls through.  How are you and Alaya?  

Posted : September 15, 2020 1:38 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @wharfrat

LOUNGERS Inlove  

((((((((((((Chuck!))))))))))  Great to see you!!  Hope life is treating you well.  

Posted : September 15, 2020 1:39 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Peg! Chuck!! Steve!!! ... wonderful to "see" you all ...

Sad news about David Pirkle passing yesterday ... damn this virus ...

Some good news is that Robin Alistair Harvey (my second grandson) was born at 7:30am on Monday ... mother and baby are doing well ... father is recovering with the help of a little rum!

Stay safe and be well dear friends ...

Posted : September 16, 2020 4:41 am
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@harvey Super sad to hear about David.  Neutral  

Congrats on the new grandbaby.  They are such a delight and bring so much light into the world.  

Posted : September 16, 2020 5:20 pm
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Very sad to learn David passed from this virus.

Posted : September 17, 2020 8:40 pm
Slammer
(@slammer)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @pixielf

((((((((((((((Steve!))))))))  So good to hear from you, brother!  I'm fine.  Really concerned about David.  Praying he pulls through.  How are you and Ayla?  

Hello Peg,  Good to hear from you too.  I'm glad you're well, I hope the same for those around you.  Say Hi to Cyndi for me.

I am really down with the blues about David. His passing has set me back on my heels. I had just spoken with him and he sounded as usual. Damn Damn Damn, I'm really gonna miss him.

Congratulations Colin, on you getting a new baby in your life. It so often happens that as one exits the world, another arrives. Maybe you could nickname Robin Alistair in honor of David:  Freebird.     Say Hey to Janet for me.

Bartender, two shot glasses of Jack

One for me

One for David

& just leave the bottle

This post was modified 4 years ago by Slammer

Posted : September 17, 2020 9:59 pm
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Some of you may have seen my facebook posts about Adeline Fagan, a classmate of my son Derek.

She was a 28 year old second year resident OBGYN in Texas who caught covid.

According to my son, she was one of the smartest and hardest working kids in his class.

Last week she lost her fight with the virus. 

Her sisters and then days later, her parents have done TV interviews.

Just heartbreaking.

Wear your f%*&ing masks, people.

The life you save could be a young doctor who'd rather deliver babies than die on a ventilator.

This post was modified 4 years ago by PhotoRon286

Posted : September 24, 2020 8:27 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@photoron286

Heartbreaking indeed!  Very sad news. 

I never imagined a time like this.  It's just brutal!

Posted : September 25, 2020 1:39 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Hi loungers.  I have a torrent question.  I stopped downloading bit torrents years ago after my computer crashed.  I recently took a peek in Dime-a-Dozen and found something of interest (Bloomfield related of course).  Hadn't been to the site in many years.  So I downloaded Utorrent 'cause it always worked best for me.  However, I seem unable to access the download.  I'm thinking I just need a tweek somewhere in the settings.  Does anyone here use Utorrent and if so, can you tell me what your settings are?

Posted : October 3, 2020 3:29 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@pixielfDon't know about utorrent.

I use Vuze.

Very easy and I've seldom had a problem.

Posted : October 3, 2020 8:14 pm
mjallen
(@mjallen)
Trusted Member

Hi loungers.  I have a torrent question.  I stopped downloading bit torrents years ago after my computer crashed.  I recently took a peek in Dime-a-Dozen and found something of interest (Bloomfield related of course).  Hadn't been to the site in many years.  So I downloaded Utorrent 'cause it always worked best for me.  However, I seem unable to access the download.  I'm thinking I just need a tweek somewhere in the settings.  Does anyone here use Utorrent and if so, can you tell me what your settings are?

If you downloaded the new UTorrent it is now in your browser. Stupid and nobody likes it but you will find it there.

Posted : October 3, 2020 11:00 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@mjallen

Thanks but I guess I worded my question wrong.  I am able to access the software but it won't connect to any peers when trying to download a torrent. 

Posted : October 4, 2020 2:27 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@photoron286  Thanks, Ron.  Hope you're doing well.  I'll try it if I can't get this thing to work.

Posted : October 4, 2020 2:28 pm
mjallen
(@mjallen)
Trusted Member

@photoron286  Thanks, Ron.  Hope you're doing well.  I'll try it if I can't get this thing to work.

Did you get it to work and get the show?  If you didn't I can send it to you.  It's no big deal. If it's the one from Houston I have it and can easily

send so you don't have to get it to work unless you really want to. 

Posted : October 5, 2020 1:17 pm
PhotoRon286 reacted
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@mjallen  Houston?  Didn't see that one.  Still not working.  I tried downloading another torrent and nothing.  It must have something to do with my firewall.  

Posted : October 6, 2020 2:09 pm
mjallen
(@mjallen)
Trusted Member

@mjallen  Houston?  Didn't see that one.  Still not working.  I tried downloading another torrent and nothing.  It must have something to do with my firewall.  

It must be your firewall isn't letting you through.  I'm more familiar with mac.  I don't suppose you're on one?

Anyway, check your messages.  I sent you the Houston show.  Which one are you looking at.  I probably have that too. 

On my Mac, I have to go into firewall settings and set an exception for the client I use "Transmission" but usually U-Torrent does

that for you.  When/if it asked for access to your files if you say no it won't make the exception

Posted : October 6, 2020 9:58 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@mjallen

I'm still unable to download any torrents.  Not on a mac.  

Posted : October 8, 2020 5:22 pm
StickT
(@stickt)
Estimable Member

.............I’m reminded of the time when I was a kid, ‘went to school one day and when I got home, my family had moved.

Posted : October 11, 2020 2:56 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

@stickt ... ha ha ... you may jest but when I retired I wanted to move to the country but I still had my younger (27 year old) son living at home and my wife said we couldn't move and leave him homeless ... so I went to the local real estate agents, rented an apartment for him and we moved a few months later ... he is still in that apartment and we are still in our country town home ... all very happy

Posted : October 11, 2020 7:16 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @harvey

@stickt ... ha ha ... you may jest but when I retired I wanted to move to the country but I still had my younger (27 year old) son living at home and my wife said we couldn't move and leave him homeless ... so I went to the local real estate agents, rented an apartment for him and we moved a few months later ... he is still in that apartment and we are still in our country town home ... all very happy

Who's paying the rent? 😋 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : October 12, 2020 7:33 am
Page 56 / 60
Share: