Topic starter

And the counting continues.

Posted : November 4, 2020 9:37 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Posted by: @photoron286

And the counting continues.

I didn't think anything could go on for so long and be more boring than early noodlings by the Grateful Dead ... I was wrong ... isn't it time for Mr T to do the decent thing and fall on his sword ... Oh silly me, I mentioned decent and Mr T in the same sentence ... the imbecile will never accept defeat ...

Posted : November 6, 2020 8:02 pm
garrydempsey
(@garrydempsey)
Trusted Member

G’day loungers 😎 Friday cold beers 🍻 

Posted : November 13, 2020 2:05 am
PhotoRon286 reacted
garrydempsey
(@garrydempsey)
Trusted Member

Good ol Sunday mornin’ 

Posted : November 22, 2020 6:41 am
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@garrydempsey GARRY!!!

Posted : November 22, 2020 12:22 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

GARRY!!!!!  Great to see you! 😀 

Posted : November 22, 2020 4:14 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Hi y'all.

Has anyone yet purchased The Final Note?  How different, if at all, is it to what's already in circulation?  

Posted : November 22, 2020 4:21 pm
BobMeader
(@bobmeader)
Eminent Member

Greetings to da lounge!

Hope all you loungers are staying healthy as this year finally draws to a close.

Happy Birthday to the Cat in the Hat! Listening to some Dickey Betts today.

Hey Garry I'm still wearing that Rabbitohs hat you gave me. Supposed to get cold and snowy this week, it will come in handy.

And I'm still listening to the great music you all shared with me.

All the best to Peg, Ron, Colin, Garry, Steve, Chuck and everyone I missed.

Y'all a fine bunch!

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by BobMeader

Posted : December 12, 2020 7:22 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@bobmeader  Hey Bobby!  Great to see you and best wishes to you as well!  I'll always be grateful for that Bloomfield show you put into circulation.  Happy Holidays! 😀 

Posted : December 18, 2020 5:12 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Wishing all my friends the happiest holiday season! I know it's different this year but we're making the best of it. Hope you are, too. 😊  

Posted : December 28, 2020 3:40 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Y'all better keep those masks on.

No mask, no service.

No pants is okay, we still have the John W. Ott Memorial Exemption in play.

Posted : December 28, 2020 6:37 pm
DanB
 DanB
(@danb)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @pixielf

Hi y'all.

Has anyone yet purchased The Final Note?  How different, if at all, is it to what's already in circulation?  

poor sound quality but I'm not surprised

Posted : December 30, 2020 10:04 am
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Good Day Loungers. Hope that everyone is doing well.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : January 19, 2021 1:10 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Now over $360,000.

Bills Mafia represents!

Posted : January 21, 2021 10:37 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

As of 1/21 Bills Mafia had raised $458,000 for Lamar Jackson's charity.

Posted : January 31, 2021 6:51 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Good ol' Sunday mornin'

Bells are ringin' everywhere!

Goin' to Carolina

Won't be long and I'll be there...😎

Posted : February 7, 2021 6:29 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hey Peg! ... and all you other loungers who I haven't been in touch with lately ...

Jan and I are both keeping well.  Because I have a suppressed immune system and am therefore considered extremely at risk from covid, I was prioritized and have just had my first jab and am booked in for my second one early April, but Jan being younger and healthier is not yet eligible and will probably not get her first jab until I get my second, but at least by the summer we should be in a better place.

We are still in lock-down here, our new grandson Robin is 5 months old now. We saw him a couple of times just after he was born by meeting up with my son and his wife for a socially distanced walk half way between our homes (we are 160 miles apart now).  But we haven't been able to see him again since last October and we still haven't got to hold him yet ... hopefully by late spring / early summer things might be a bit more under control and we will finally be able to meet up with our family properly.

Peg, with regards to "Last Tango in Halifax", that is one of Jan's favourite programs. Halifax is in the Yorkshire Dales, lovely hilly country but a couple of hundred miles from us. Where we live is on the east coast of England and it is only gently hilly around where we are, but it has its own charm being very rural, and we are only 20 minutes inland from a quaint fishing village at the coast so (under normal circumstances) we have some lovely scenery and nice walks on our doorstep.

Well, that's us "officially" caught up ... I will make sure to pop in the lounge again soon.

Love to all ... Colin

Posted : February 17, 2021 7:06 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@harvey

Hi Colin! So nice to hear from you!!  I know it's not the same around here but when you stopped posting to the Lounge, I got worried.  So glad you got your first dose of the vaccine.  I'm eligible, too, but have not been successful yet in getting an appointment.  

Oh yes, tell Jan I love that show, too, and have watched all the seasons!  In fact, I've been watching a lot of shows from both England and Australia.  Right now I'm watching Doctor Foster.  It's pretty good.  But again, as I mentioned in my message to you, the countryside in England is just breathtaking.  I never realized how pretty it is over there.  

So sorry to hear you haven't been able to love on your new grandson but congrats on his birth!  I live with 2 of my granchildren but haven't been able to see my youngest grandchild for over 6 months and it's driving me mad.  Just as soon as I'm vaccinated, I'll be heading there for a visit (about 30 minutes away).  His father has a suppressed immune system, too, and I'm just too afraid I'd bring the virus to him somehow.  

Stay well, brother! Grinning Cool  

Posted : February 25, 2021 5:48 pm
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Jeanne and I got our first shots last week and my mother got her second one. 

Dad got his first yesterday.

Much relief on my part, I've been taking care of all of them with shopping, errands, etc.

Mask up y'all, we aren't out of the woods yet but we can see the path.

Posted : March 9, 2021 2:38 pm
harvey and pixielf reacted
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Good deal, Ron!  Glad to hear it!!  I received a call today from our county to set me up with an appt but I missed the call.  They said they'd be calling back.  I'm anxious to get this done, too! 

Posted : March 9, 2021 9:06 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Glad you and the family have all got their shots, Ron ... hope you get sorted out soon too, Peg ... at least we can now see the tunnel and a flickering light inside it ...

Posted : March 10, 2021 6:37 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Thanks, Colin!  I'm getting the Johnson & Johnson shot today!!  I've never been so excited to get a shot!

Love you guys! Cool  

Posted : March 12, 2021 2:32 pm
harvey reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Cool

Posted : March 12, 2021 6:41 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

I ordered Kim Payne's book this week.  Has anyone here read it?  Looking forward to the stories.  

Posted : March 27, 2021 10:15 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Good old Sunday morning ... 

Not read Kim's book, Peg ... will be interested to hear what it's like

Posted : March 28, 2021 10:50 am
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@harvey

I'm almost finished.  Just a few more stories to read.  They are all very brief, not a lot of detail but a fun read nonetheless.  

I've been listening to the new Texas show.  Juicy Carter in the mix added nothing whatsoever.  In fact, it was distracting but it's a decent show and one I've never heard before so I am pleased and hope they (whoever they are) continue to find soundboard recordings to release in the future.  

Posted : April 15, 2021 3:19 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

@pixielf ... Hi Peg, glad you've enjoyed the book. Sounds like it is similar to Red Dog's "Book of Tails" ... lots of short remembrances about sex and drugs and rock & roll ... still not available in the UK - the book that is 😏 ... with regards to the Texas show, I fully agree that Juicy Carter didn't bring anything to the party ... for me, the only person who repeatedly added to the vibe was Ace Doucette.

Hope you are keeping well sweetheart, off for my second jab on Saturday so I might venture out into the community a bit more after that, but I will still be very cautious ... looking forward to seeing my sons and grandsons again whom I have not been able to visit for 5 months! xx

Posted : April 15, 2021 7:02 pm
PhotoRon286 reacted
garrydempsey
(@garrydempsey)
Trusted Member

G’day loungers  Anzac Day in Australia so I’ve been a bit slack last couple of years 

they shall grow not old as we that are left grow old age shall not weary them nor age condemn

at the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them

lest we forget 

Posted : April 25, 2021 9:39 am
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Empty

Posted : May 20, 2021 8:54 am
Page 57 / 60
Share: