1,801 Posts
38 Users
49 Likes
158.2 K Views
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Derek update.

He's in Brooklyn now and expects to be in NYC until 5/28.

Handling 911 calls.

Derek is a brave young man … you must be very proud Ron … and naturally very worried too …

Positive vibes being sent over the pond … take care my friend

I echo what Colin said. Sending safe loving vibes to you, your family and everyone here in the lounge. What a strange time in our lives.

Posted : May 12, 2020 12:35 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Talked to Derek this morning.

He's now in the South Bronx.

Doesn't know if he'll come home tomorrow, next week, end of the month.

FEMA is sending home five crews per day, no rhyme or reason to who stays and who leaves.

Posted : May 16, 2020 2:19 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Derek came home today after three weeks in NYC.

He's a hero and I am so proud of him.

Posted : May 19, 2020 4:12 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

That is GREAT news, Ron! God bless our heroes!

Posted : May 22, 2020 9:59 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Excellent news indeed Photo!

Hope all is still well with all the Loungers! 😀

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : May 22, 2020 11:57 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Excellent news Ron … best wishes to the young man!

Posted : May 23, 2020 6:50 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hope all is still well with all the Loungers! 😀

Hey Coot … with a supressed immune system I am keeping my ass indoors away from it all … keeping myself amused by gradually going through my ABB collection - well as much as Jan will let me

Hope you are keeping well too Steve!

Posted : May 23, 2020 6:54 am
Richdel
(@richdel)
Eminent Member

a little late for me to react to the news Ron, but that is great news.

Please tell the young man, that as a father to a son who currently resides in Manhattan,
I am very appreciative of his work and the enormous risk he undertook to help others.
Thanks again.

Good morning Loungers!!!! ...and Coot.... 😀

Posted : May 28, 2020 5:46 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

FRIDAY

Posted : May 29, 2020 3:08 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Sunday.

Three weeks later.

Someone dust the bar and get the cobwebs out of the corners.

Posted : June 14, 2020 1:25 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I keep looking in the door but I think the bartenders have all gone on lockdown …..

Posted : June 14, 2020 1:57 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Colin, check your PMs. 😀

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : June 24, 2020 4:09 pm
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Reputable Member

Cool Cool Cool

Posted : June 24, 2020 6:43 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Sunday.

Three weeks later.

Where can a person get a drink around here?!! They've closed the bars again here in Florida!!

Our case numbers are skyrocketing but honestly think I had this virus back in October. I was really sick with bronchitis and upper respiratory infection and it left me with no energy for almost a month. It was the strangest cough I've ever had. So I'm hoping I have some antibodies but currently nowhere to get tested for that.

It's getting harder to make sense of all that is going on this year. I hope and pray all of you are doing well. Love you guys!

Posted : June 27, 2020 7:57 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Sunday.

Three weeks later.

Where can a person get a drink around here?!! They've closed the bars again here in Florida!!

Our case numbers are skyrocketing but honestly think I had this virus back in October. I was really sick with bronchitis and upper respiratory infection and it left me with no energy for almost a month. It was the strangest cough I've ever had. So I'm hoping I have some antibodies but currently nowhere to get tested for that.

It's getting harder to make sense of all that is going on this year. I hope and pray all of you are doing well. Love you guys!

Glad to hear you are ok Peg ... as I have a repressed immune system I am still advised to shield myself until August 1st ... I am allowed out for walks in the countryside and can meet up to 5 other people whilst out provided that I keep at least 6 feet away from them ... I am not allowed to go into other peoples homes nor are they allowed into mine, and as my kids live 200 miles away which is too far for a day trip, I still can't get to see them. But I am well and alive and intend to follow the rules so that I stay that way.

Best wishes to all ...

Posted : June 27, 2020 2:23 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Colin, check your PMs. Grin

Seen and responded Steve ...

Cool Grin Cool

Posted : June 27, 2020 2:27 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Glad to hear you are ok Peg ... as I have a repressed immune system I am still advised to shield myself until August 1st ... I am allowed out for walks in the countryside and can meet up to 5 other people whilst out provided that I keep at least 6 feet away from them ... I am not allowed to go into other peoples homes nor are they allowed into mine, and as my kids live 200 miles away which is too far for a day trip, I still can't get to see them. But I am well and alive and intend to follow the rules so that I stay that way.

Best wishes to all ...

Hi Colin! Glad to hear you are doing well and 'following the rules' to stay healthy. I stay home pretty much of the time, too. Being retired makes it easier. I have more time to listen to all my music and I've taken up diamond art kits. Kinda like paint by number but with little gemstones. It's therapeutic and fun.

I wonder a lot about Masahiko. He hasn't posted here in such a long time. Do you seen him on Facebook? If you do, please tell him I said hello and was thinking of him.

Hang in there.

Posted : June 28, 2020 5:49 am
StickT
(@stickt)
Estimable Member

Smile

Greetings Loungers!

Posted : June 28, 2020 9:50 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Best wishes to all ...

Hi Colin! Glad to hear you are doing well and 'following the rules' to stay healthy. I stay home pretty much of the time, too. Being retired makes it easier. I have more time to listen to all my music and I've taken up diamond art kits. Kinda like paint by number but with little gemstones. It's therapeutic and fun.

I wonder a lot about Masahiko. He hasn't posted here in such a long time. Do you seen him on Facebook? If you do, please tell him I said hello and was thinking of him.

Hang in there.

Hi Peg ... I quite often exchange comments with Masahiko on Facebook, he is doing ok as far as I know ...

I messaged him this morning to check how he and Sawako are doing ... and I also told him that you are thinking of him ... I will let you know when he responds xx

[Edited on 6/30/2020 by harvey]

Posted : June 30, 2020 2:04 am
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Hi Peg ... I quite often exchange comments with Masahiko on Facebook, he is doing ok as far as I know ...

I messaged him this morning to check how he and Sawako are doing ... and I also told him that you are thinking of him ... I will let you know when he responds xx

Thanks, Colin. Smile

Posted : June 30, 2020 3:12 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Thanks, Colin. Smile

Had a message back from Masahiko this morning ... he and Sawako are fine ... he thanked you for your thoughts and said he would message you ... have a great weekend Peg ... and stay clear of the bozos ...

Posted : July 3, 2020 2:11 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

FRIDAY

Posted : July 10, 2020 2:20 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

FRIDAY

Posted : July 17, 2020 3:02 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Had a message back from Masahiko this morning ... he and Sawako are fine ... he thanked you for your thoughts and said he would message you ... have a great weekend Peg ... and stay clear of the bozos ...

Have not yet heard from him but so happy and relieved to know he and Sawako are alive and well.

I hope the same for all you loungers, too. Stay well everybody!!

Gotta go wash my hands. 😀

Posted : July 18, 2020 11:49 am
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Happy Birthday, Mike Bloomfield! 😀

Posted : July 28, 2020 12:20 pm
MasahikoYamaura
(@masahikoyamaura)
Estimable Member

Have not yet heard from him but so happy and relieved to know he and Sawako are alive and well.

I hope the same for all you loungers, too. Stay well everybody!!

Gotta go wash my hands. 😀

So sorry Peg, I couldn't logon since I forgot my password....
Just wrote you a PM right now.
Thank you always and I'm happy too to see you are keeping safe!

Posted : August 2, 2020 6:32 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Great to hear from you, Masahiko!!! PM response sent. Take care, brother, glad you are alive and healthy!

Posted : August 3, 2020 8:51 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Great to hear from you, Masahiko!!! PM response sent. Take care, brother, glad you are alive and healthy!

So glad all of you are keeping safe and well ... much love from the UK ...

Posted : August 3, 2020 2:43 pm
StickT
(@stickt)
Estimable Member

Hey to all loungers. 2020 can kiss my Dixie ass...........well, except for the birth of 2 grandkids,

Really, hope all is well, with yall,

Posted : August 10, 2020 12:53 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Grin Cool Grin

[Edited on 8/11/2020 by harvey]

Posted : August 10, 2020 11:03 pm
Page 55 / 61
Share: