Clear all

Former Sound guy John Murray AKA Johnson

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
SMurray6
(@smurray6)
Topic starter

I am the daughter of the former roadie/ sound man John Murray, better known as Johnson. He worked with the ABB for about 15 years through the mid 70's to the late 80's. I am curious if anyone has any photos of my dad, or events from back during those days? or if there is anyone on here that even remembers him, he is still in contact with a lot of the band members but mentions wishing he knew how to contact a lot of other people from back then too. I have many photo albums that I will be glad to share also. Thank-You -Sierra Murray

Posted : April 26, 2017 7:42 am
heineken515
(@heineken515)
Noble Member

Welcome to the site Sierra !

I sure can't help you with your requests, but would like to see photos from back in those days !

Not a photo posting expert, but I believe you first have to upload them to another website, like photobucket for example, then link to them from here.

Would love to read any road stories your Dad may have also !

Posted : April 26, 2017 8:25 am
Kellye
(@kellye)

I am the daughter of the former roadie/ sound man John Murray, better known as Johnson. He worked with the ABB for about 15 years through the mid 70's to the late 80's. I am curious if anyone has any photos of my dad, or events from back during those days? or if there is anyone on here that even remembers him, he is still in contact with a lot of the band members but mentions wishing he knew how to contact a lot of other people from back then too. I have many photo albums that I will be glad to share also. Thank-You -Sierra Murray

Posted : February 24, 2018 12:04 am
Kellye
(@kellye)

My father was a road manager back in the 70’s. We lost him 10 years ago but I would be interested in knowing if your father knew him. If you happened to have any pictures of my dad, that would be so cool. I’m sure you have more of the actual band members though. Please let me know if he knows my dad. His name was Scooter Herring. Since he’s no longer with us, I crave to hear from anyone who knew him. I miss him so and love him so. Even if your dad doesn’t know him, tell him hello from Scooter’ s daughter. Peace out and take care. Text email or call if you ever want to talk. Would love to hear from you and your dad. Electricrd@aol.com 478-461-2374 Thanks, Kellye

Posted : February 24, 2018 12:12 am
Saintsaint
(@saintsaint)

@kellye 

hi your father John was my best friend. I actually brought him from Batavia New York to California and helped get him his first job at Obies sound and we traveled extensively together for years and years. I would like to know if John is OK and if so, I’d love to be able to get a hold of him, my name is John Hoffman 

Posted : April 13, 2024 3:41 pm
Saintsaint
(@saintsaint)

@kellye 

hi, I was your father‘s best friend for years and years. John and I actually travel to California together from Batavia New York and I actually helped him get his first job at OBies sound and was with him when he got his first gig with the Allman Brothers my name is John Hoffman. Don’t know if he ever mentioned me but your father took care of me for years. He was my big brother bodyguard and I loved him like a brother. please let me know if he’s still with us and if so, is there anyway I can get a hold of

Posted : April 13, 2024 3:44 pm
Share: