154 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
15.7 K Views
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

I'm 2 storms ahead but east coast needs to watch Aug 1 to Aug 6th. I got a tip there may be a hurricane heading northbound.

Storm #1 Hannah goes towards Houston.

Storm #2 The one that becomes a hurricane tomorrow, Gonzalez will head into the Gulf, may turn into New Orleans area and Florida Panhandle.

It's going to be a long season.

Posted : July 22, 2020 6:15 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Not to belittle what Texas has gone thru with a 5 foot storm surge, but we got east coast troubles coming. It has a big probability of becoming a hurricane, would be named Isaias, brush or hit North Carolina 8-3-20. Then? Terror time for those north of there like me. Does it go out or come up and beat us up?

The e.t 's sent Sandy to New Jersey there were sightings before and the night of Sandy. Across from where I was, the next day a yard had all the grass in the front burnt yellow in a disc shape and the people who had lived there were just gone and never seen again. Damage all around me but I was protected.

If you want a preview of the storm try https://www.myfoxhurricane.com

A lot of the others will catch up with it later.

[Edited on 7/28/2020 by gina]

Posted : July 27, 2020 5:28 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Isaias the storm is 794 miles wide with a 415 mile wind-field, the winds come out from the storm that much. It will be 75 mph when it nears North Carolina.

I hope it does not hit Long Island. The steering variables are the trough [troff] coming from the west and wind shear in the south.

Watch Henry's videos at https://www.weathermadness.com

He knows. I have also seen some impressive weathermen from Florida news. One of my seriously smart weather meteorologists says if we are not professionals who know how to use the spaghetti models please don't forecast with them. So I will stop that. They change and we cannot just look at one or more and know for sure.

He does videos and I respect his knowledge.

Jeff Masters left Wunderground and is with a Yale blog but part time.
Wunderground is still a good source.

Https://www.wunderground.com

Be aware, prepare.

Posted : July 30, 2020 5:57 pm
piacere
(@piacere)
Prominent Member

I say bring it on. We could use the rain. 😀

Posted : August 1, 2020 3:10 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

The summer is supposed to bring straight line winds [that 60, 70 mph plus stuff] with rain and be hot. Four Atlantic Basin major hurricanes.

Fortunately the current hurricane in Fla will have weakened by the time it reaches LI/RI/NE coast next week

Did you know there is water beneath the ocean floor? Fresh water. The cosmic-rays [radiation] coming in is heating the core of the planet, that heats the fresh water and the pressure created causes vents to open in the oceans, that's why dead fish are coming up. They are being boiled alive. The fresh water comes up as steam goes in the atmosphere changes weather patterns, decreases salinity in the oceans.

Yes, evidenced by the great increase in seals & sharks along the cold water of the Maine coast, where there was a very rare shark attack & fatality recently - they’re being driven north, giving credence to theories previously advanced by (& snickered at by some) studies like An Incovenient Truth - as you said it could all contribute yet to a rogue/fluke/fast-moving hurricane in the Atlantic Basin

The great minds are working on all of it but I don't think there's an Einstein or a Tesla in the groups anymore so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Re the Maine coast, Yankee Magazine in 2018 published a study done by UMaine on rising sea waters, saying the many low lying islands & bird sanctuaries there were in big jeopardy - & they are - there was an aerial photo of the withered coast of Great Duck Island that spoke volumes

Would all this have happened anyway, regardless of global warming/depletion of ozone layer etc? Ay, some say yay, others nay

[Edited on 8/2/2020 by Stephen]

Posted : August 1, 2020 4:02 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

I say bring it on. We could use the rain. 😀

Some places could get 6 inches up here, rain wise that is too much.
Long Island may be looking at 4 or 5. We're getting slammed and so are you with wind and rain.

Nobody has been pronouncing the storm's name correctly. It is Isa- pronounced Eesa, esee-ahs.

Isa in Arabic means Jesus. I think this storm is a warning.

Posted : August 1, 2020 6:33 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

The summer is supposed to bring straight line winds [that 60, 70 mph plus stuff] with rain and be hot. Four Atlantic Basin major hurricanes.

Fortunately the current hurricane in Fla will have weakened by the time it reaches LI/RI/NE coast next week

Did you know there is water beneath the ocean floor? Fresh water. The cosmic-rays [radiation] coming in is heating the core of the planet, that heats the fresh water and the pressure created causes vents to open in the oceans, that's why dead fish are coming up. They are being boiled alive. The fresh water comes up as steam goes in the atmosphere changes weather patterns, decreases salinity in the oceans.

Yes, evidenced by the great increase in seals & sharks along the cold water of the Maine coast, where there was a very rare shark attack & fatality recently - they’re being driven north, giving credence to theories previously advanced by (& snickered at by some) studies like An Incovenient Truth - as you said it could all contribute yet to a rogue/fluke/fast-moving hurricane in the Atlantic Basin

The great minds are working on all of it but I don't think there's an Einstein or a Tesla in the groups anymore so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Re the Maine coast, Yankee Magazine in 2018 published a study done by UMaine on rising sea waters, saying the many low lying islands & bird sanctuaries there were in big jeopardy - & they are - there was an aerial photo of the withered coast of Great Duck Island that spoke volumes

Would all this have happened anyway, regardless of global warming/depletion of ozone layer etc? Ay, some say yay, others nay

God said men would faint from the roaring of the waves so I think things would have happened. Mankind's unkind treatment of the oceans, drilling and sucking the oil out of the oceans is wrong. The oil is a stabilizer. Last January there is a buoy off Florida and Cuba that activated showing a 100 foot drop in the ocean water level. Some buildings in Miami were swaying. The ocean floor is experiencing things. If you watch the earthquake maps you see quakes along the tectonic plates down there along the Puerto Rican trench. The atlantic ridge, southern, mid, central and northern is cracking apart. Eventually it's quake and tsunami for the east coast, but something else is happening too off Iceland and Greenland, the plate up there is also cracking and when it totally goes. Those two islands will be ripped apart with quakes and will be no more triggering a massive tsunami for Europe Portugal, Italy, Wii be hit and other areas too like France and the UK. Some estimate this may occur with a year.

It cannot be stopped. There are other big things coming for the west coast also. But for now let's just get thru this week coming up.

Posted : August 1, 2020 6:46 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

God said men would faint from the roaring of the waves so I think things would have happened. Mankind's unkind treatment of the oceans, drilling and sucking the oil out of the oceans is wrong. The oil is a stabilizer. Last January there is a buoy off Florida and Cuba that activated showing a 100 foot drop in the ocean water level. Some buildings in Miami were swaying. The ocean floor is experiencing things. If you watch the earthquake maps you see quakes along the tectonic plates down there along the Puerto Rican trench. The atlantic ridge, southern, mid, central and northern is cracking apart. Eventually it's quake and tsunami for the east coast, but something else is happening too off Iceland and Greenland, the plate up there is also cracking and when it totally goes. Those two islands will be ripped apart with quakes and will be no more triggering a massive tsunami for Europe Portugal, Italy, Wii be hit and other areas too like France and the UK. Some estimate this may occur with a year.

It cannot be stopped. There are other big things coming for the west coast also. But for now let's just get thru this week coming up.

gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

God said men would faint from the roaring of the waves so I think things would have happened. Mankind's unkind treatment of the oceans, drilling and sucking the oil out of the oceans is wrong. The oil is a stabilizer. Last January there is a buoy off Florida and Cuba that activated showing a 100 foot drop in the ocean water level. Some buildings in Miami were swaying. The ocean floor is experiencing things. If you watch the earthquake maps you see quakes along the tectonic plates down there along the Puerto Rican trench. The atlantic ridge, southern, mid, central and northern is cracking apart. Eventually it's quake and tsunami for the east coast, but something else is happening too off Iceland and Greenland, the plate up there is also cracking and when it totally goes. Those two islands will be ripped apart with quakes and will be no longer be islands or countries. They will be gone. The mega quake will trigger a massive tsunami for Europe Portugal, Italy, will be hit and other areas too like France and the UK. Some estimate this may occur with a year.

That is all we can do for now.

Posted : August 1, 2020 6:50 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Also throw up some prayers for everyone in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas. South Carolina going to take a hit from this storm.

Points north, yep doesn't look it we will be singing Blue Sky. More like a hoochie coochie hurricane, got a poor storm comin' mama it'll be a bad one, but it ain't here yet. Maybe things will change.

I saw one report saying Raleigh NC could get a lot of rain also. [8 to 12 inches possible].

Update Sunday morning

The storm is shifting west. Could be landfall for Jacksonville but not a full on hit. Models and consensus at this time is Myrtle Beach/Charleston, Wilmington, Va Beach, NYC. It does not just go in, it smacks and keeps heading north. Henry thinks it will be an I-95 corridor path but we will see. He did a video this morning, will do another one later today. Levi has also been doing videos you should check out, but Henry is one of our good standard mainstays around here.

Https://www.weathermadness.com

Https://www.tropicaltidbits.com

[Edited on 8/2/2020 by gina]

Posted : August 1, 2020 6:58 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Heads up Carolina

Https://www.twitter.com/ncwx

Tyler Sebree @TylerWSFA12

Reports in Isaias will become a Cat 1 tonight before hitting Myrtle Beach and Wilmington NC.

Also saw predictions for Wakefield, Virginia 3 to 6 inches rain and gusts 50 to 60 mph as the storm goes there along and east of I-95.

There is something else. One of my usual weather folks noticed that when the storm was over the same island in the Bahamas as Hurricane Dorian was remember that storm when it sat there for two days with 180 mph winds and rain? Well, this current storm "exploded" and swelled in size just as Dorian did at that same location. It's visible on the satellite images. Now either there is some anamoly, coincidence in that area in the Bahamas or somebody's been manipulating the storms. It is one thing to steer them away from land, but why make it bigger?

Update

DC will get six inches of rain before the impact from Isaias from rain coming in prior to the storm. The storm itself has winter nor'Easter characteristics. It will go through Richmond and be in Philly PA by noon tomorrow [Tues]. Atlantic City and thereabouts 40 to 60 mph winds and heavy rain. Delaware Bay 65 to 70 mph winds for a couple of hours. Long Island 60 plus.

Do not be misled when they downgrade it from a hurricane to a Tropical Storm. It is bad. It should be fast moving but also be aware Carolinas when your high tides are, that plus the storm surge 4 to 5 feet can flood some people out.

Here's your sea surface temps which shows why the entire coastline has a problem with hurricane and storm threats now and in the future.

Https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/sst/

The oceans are more than able to sustain these storms.

[Edited on 8/3/2020 by gina]

Posted : August 3, 2020 3:30 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

9:10 pm Monday

Verified winds of 85 mph gusts to 125 heading to Wilmington. This is in the storm.

There are winds 10,000 feet up at 135 mph 60 miles out from.

I am watching a new person livestreaming till 11:30 pm eastern time. David Schlotthauer. I enjoy watching new folks.

I think people are going to be surprised with this storm. For my area they say 3 hours of sustained winds and 8 hours of heavy rain. The winds all over the place in their estimates. This increase near Wilmington is not a good sign.

Posted : August 3, 2020 5:21 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

The stuff I saw last night was a wake up call. There were 135 mph winds 10,000 feet up in the atmosphere. At 9:04 pm sixty miles out 88 mph surface winds gusting to 125. At the 700 mb level in the atmosphere 117 knots. NWS said "there's an unusually strong jet stream 100 to 120 knots. Between the trough, the jet and the storm nobody can be sure what they will get. They had tornadoes last night, three this morning. For NY metro 60 to 80 mph winds possible can have gusts to 95. 19 to 20 foot waves, 38 feet also possible.

David Schlotthauer will be live streaming into for us this afternoon I think 2 or 2:30 on his you tube channel.

He revealed something last night at the end of his stream. Between 8-3 and 8-17 the MJO [Madden Julian Oscillation] will be racing back towards Africa. 8-17 to 8-19 there is significant rising motion of thunderstorms all over the US and air pressure below average 920 mb. We can have 3 to 6 named storms in the second half of August including a big Gulf of Mexico storm, but it does not end in August. The whole season will be very active. More videos later on that not today.

Posted : August 4, 2020 5:21 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Horrible in metro NY. 78 mph winds hit wall street. Tornado was on the ground in Southampton between 2 and 230 pm. A building just fell down in Brooklyn, Bedford St. And North 6th. The rain started near noon, the winds soon after. The winds are bad. They will not lessen till 5 pm but even then still gusts to 50 mph till 8 pm.

1,374,000 no power in New Jersey.

80,000 in Connecticut.

I don't know how many here.

A tornado was in Fairfield, Connecticut and another one in Jacksonville Vermont the storm had not even gotten there yet.

Bad, bad, bad up here.

I heard NC has devastation.

Pray and stay safe.

Posted : August 4, 2020 11:52 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Http://www.news.yahoo.com/more-300k-without-power-long-220347253.html

I have no.power, a tree took down a power line across the street, two houses down a tree was snapped and is on somebody's house [straight line wind damage or could have been a tornado the way it was split at the base but the base is still in the ground. ]

A store near my job put a notice up online they will be closed till 8-11-20..

Guess I'll be using my hurricane stash, cold ravioli, tuna with no mayo, I have some canned potatoesI think they are pre-cooked, canned beans and carrots, protein bars and powder, pineapple, once I go thru the fresh fruit, cheese and chicken cutlets from the fridge and cold cuts currently under ice.

I don't think my cell phone charger works with this phone. That's an issue.

I'll be okay, failure not an option.

Stay safe and resolute all.

[Edited on 8/5/2020 by gina]

Posted : August 5, 2020 4:34 am
piacere
(@piacere)
Prominent Member

I lost electricity too. Just went back on an hour ago.
Wasn't that big of a deal, I thought, but still took down quite a few big trees around RI. Not much rain, some, but no flooding that I'm aware of.
All told, pretty minor.

Posted : August 5, 2020 10:21 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

We have a ten day respite then well we need to watch could be something in the Atlantic. Though there could also be big trouble for the Gulf of Mexico. .

Still 230,000 here with no power, on an island twenty miles wide. Ferocious winds for more than 5 hours.

[Edited on 8/6/2020 by gina]

Posted : August 6, 2020 3:00 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Not an expert, so never heard of earthquake swarms b4 - saw the term in article about subterranean activity along the San Andreas fault - beneath the Salton Sea, at the southern tip of the fault - earthquake swarms

There It Is - the Milne Ice Shelf, located off Ellesmere Island in Canada - satellite photo showed a fracture splitting it in two July 30-31 - amazing photo - the 2 pieces drifted out into the Arctic Ocean article said

Hurricane & wildfire season bearing down on us as we take our daily virus beating

Posted : August 11, 2020 5:56 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Derecho? That’s another new one on me - have heard of El Niño, polar vortex & terms like that - but not derecho - many places took big hits, especially agriculture in Indiana
Mayb izquierda is next? 😮 - I don’t know

Posted : August 12, 2020 3:45 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Lots of action in the Atlantic, but have no worries.  Other than Sally going to hit Louisiana, and Paulette going to smack Bermuda, no other landfalls coming.  Teddy will be the next storm, become a cat 3 but is supposed to curve and go out into the ocean.  There are a lot more storms and I'm getting coverage from W. Palm Beach to Virginia and of course from our usual favorites.  When Henry looked at the long term he said it looked "scary".  His site weathermadness.com is prophetic, the weather is mad, and someone said those wildfires outwest are changing the atmosphere.   There were also some scalar clouds in the mid section of the country for more than 48 hours and that is not natural for them to be there that long.  But those fires outwest....well I will not go into right now, but there are unnatural phenomenon involved there. 

For now pray for those in the path of the two current storms and then relax till the end of the month when more storms keep coming.  Enjoy whatever blue sky comes your way for now.  

Posted : September 14, 2020 2:15 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yep, 16 years to the day after Hurricane Ivan, Alabama/Fla panhandle taking hard hit from Sally - big problems as it’s almost stationary

rain possible on west coast aiding wildfire effort - that too cataclysmic, smoke from it blocked sun here ystrdy!! Stay safe everyone

Posted : September 16, 2020 10:32 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Got a treat for you today.  The man behind the website, Tropical Tidbits.

and here's how smart Levi is.  The head of Florida State University wanted him to come and do a webinar for them.  Levi hails from Alaska, and now is with Florida State University in Miami so he needs to know his stuff, and he does.  Physics and atmospheric science.  

Posted : September 30, 2020 3:34 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Regarding the upcoming storm, Gamma.  Another weather person did research.  It will become a hurricane, hit part of South America, then come in the Gulf.  It will lose speed and then hit Tampa as a tropical storm about 50 mph on or near 10-11-20.  The tropics will stay active, so do not get complacent.  

Posted : September 30, 2020 3:36 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Hurricane Delta 10-9-20

It came in as a Cat 2 at Cameron and Creole, Louisiana.  Impacts also at Cypremort Point and Grand Chenier.  I watched a live feed from KATC Channel 3 in Lafayette, an ABC affilliate with Jim and Marcel amd meteorologist Bob.  I found the coverage excellent.  They showed the electric trucks already parked and ready to go at the Cajun Dome and had correspondents all over.  They had a live interview with Slemco power with Mary Laurent who said at 11:15 pm that 80,000 were without power and that their website Hub/APP where people could report power outages online was down so people would need to phone in.  They had 260 additional linemen ready to go out and restore service as soon as it was safe to do that but they cannot send them out until the sustained winds are below 30 mph.  They noted all the reports people made at the lafayette911.org website of what was going on where they were.  The previous storm Laura took a toll on station KPLC and they noted that.  They also noted the helpfulness of hotels, the Comfort Suites allowed stranded travelers to stay in their lobby till the next day.  They only had chairs and a couch, but they gave them blankets so they could be safe from the storm.  A lot of the linemen were holed up at the Doubletree hotel.  The Holiday Inn lost it's power where one of KATC reporters was lodged but these reporters took it all in stride rising to the line of duty.  The resilience of the people of Louisiana is remarkable.  They get through these things because they unify as humans and help each other.  Marcel (anchor) related that her first hurricanes were Katrina and Rita.  What on the job training that is.  So far no deaths have been reported.  With Hurricane Laura just six weeks ago, people were very aware of what they needed to do this time.

Send your prayers to all the good people down there.

https://www.katc.com/

https://www.kplctv.com/

https://www.klfy.com/

Posted : October 10, 2020 2:51 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER CAT  3 Hurricane East Coast or Gulf of Mexico or both

Heads up the last week of October is looking like it will bring another large nasty hurricane.  [Cat 3 or 4].  Model runs yesterday showed it going over Jamaica then going in the Gulf of Mexico, hitting Tampa, crossing Florida then coming out and heading north along the coast within kissing distance of NY and then turning and going out to sea.

The next run did not have it going into the Gulf or crossing Florida just coming up this way.

We are going to have to pay attention.  Right now it is  being called Investigation 93L, when it forms it will be named Epsilon.  

The NHC is only saying 20 % chance of development in the short term.  Be NOT fooled.  I got a bad feeling about this. 

Posted : October 13, 2020 3:50 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Good news though, Philippe Papin was just hired to join the Hurricane Specialists Unit at NOAA.  First Levi and now Philippe.  They know storms. 

https://twitter.com/pppapin

Pinned Tweet

Philippe Papin

@pppapin

3h

I have a big announcement. Today is my 1st day at the National Hurricane Center (

) as a new member of the Hurricane Specialist Unit! This is my dream job, & I am humbled to work for

/

helping forecast to protect life & property. So grateful for this opportunity.

Smart, dedicated, we can look forward to expert help.  I feel better now knowing he and Levi are at Noaa.  When disaster comes, they will know and now we will also.  Even more than before. While not related to him we also now have

We also have Fantasy Football and weather.

Jeff Masters, former Wunderground and Hurricane Hunter is now with Yale Climate Connections.

and Henry, now has a PRO site for $10 a month.  He is worth it especially in these times.

Posted : October 13, 2020 4:03 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Sorry to say there's another one probably coming. Forms November 7th, heads to the Gulf of Mexico but there are a lot of factors as to how it will play out and where it will go.  If it forms as expected it will be named Eta (pronounced aaay tah).  

That's not even the last one.  

Posted : October 31, 2020 11:12 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Yep Long Island just had a tornado, I think it is still out on the east end near Riverhead. 

Long range there is are more storms possible hurricane type this coming week up to the 19th. Then Dec 11th and 20th weeks.  The weather problems are due to atmospheric compression.  It is getting pushed down by pulses of radiation from space.

Posted : November 15, 2020 11:12 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

There is serious weather in the south tonight tornadoes, heavy wind and rain. 

There are multiple serious storms all over the country  try to take a look at your doppler radar at least once a day.  

Also you should subscribe to Henry Margusity's weathermadness pro site. $10 a month.  He still has the regular site but the winter is coming and we need the extra details.  

Https:/www.weathermadness.com

For NY the shift with the cooler temps comes the second week of Dec. Plus snow for some places.  

Posted : November 24, 2020 10:08 pm
Page 5 / 6
Share: