The Allman Brothers Band
MLB: Tampa Bay Rays...

Notifications
Clear all

MLB: Tampa Bay Rays Still in First Place!

1,910 Posts
31 Users
98 Likes
158.5 K Views
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stephen

- we’re still blowing big leads, closers haven’t coughed it up last few games tho

Should’ve known better

a historic day - Max Scherzer, 19th P to 3,000 Ks - & along the way today, an immaculate inning - guessing none of the other 18 did that - didn’t even know he was closing in on 3K

not so fast on Clayton, looking like they might shut him down until playoffs - “why risk injury” right?**

These athletes are conditioned to have the competitive zeal of a mummy - Luis Severino, another - & on & on, Stephen, Syndegaard -

Jacob deGrom, another who basically bailed on the season

Chris Sale had 5 starts/25 IP, then Covid

W/all of 69 IP, David Price nonetheless has sat out recent games w/arm soreness, or shoulder mayb

…..yes they walk out there ready to give it their best

but also convinced that they’re one twinge, one misstep, one little tug, from serious injury

For older fans this translates to …….. never mind

lets go Sox

**now they’re saying Monday return, wtf

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Stephen

Posted : September 12, 2021 6:36 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

We see Balt twice down the stretch, then finish w/Wash - that’s favorable

NY has 4 in the bank this week w/sad sack Orioles - (gave up 22 runs in 6 innings)

obviously it’s crucial the upcoming Seattle series

then Balt on wknd - this once-proud franchise is mired in a dearth of talent & we gotta take advantage of it -

not that we’re world beaters ourselves tho -

but still, we were hot early, then NY caught fire, now it’s Tor - Sox are poised

🤙⚾️let’s go Sawx

Posted : September 13, 2021 3:22 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Just as Bay Area belongs to Giants, NY unsurprisingly belongs to Yankees - Francisco Lindor was booed by home NYCiti fans, article said, prior to his 3rd HR - article said crowd “appeared evenly split”

they stopped Aaron Judge’s AB for eye drops - speaks volumes

it won’t be long before players return to the dugout in wheelchairs after straining an oblique/rib cage/intercostal/groin/hammy after striking out

Judge is having a very good year, .293, 32, 79 - 1st year of his career without missing much of it 

Posted : September 13, 2021 7:58 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I went to the Tiggers/Rays game Friday night. It was a lot of fun. Every time Miggy game to the plate he got a standing ovation. I haven't been back there in years. They hit a few homers and won, which was cool. In the bottom of the eighth the Tiggers were kind of pulling away and girls we were with wanted to leave. They asked if I cared and I thought why not watch the top of the ninth and it will be over. I was outvoted. I think my sister in law just wanted to go to bed.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : September 13, 2021 10:32 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

What would normally be busting open a 2-2 game w/5 runs in the 8th inning, only means sweat it time for Sox fans

shi**ing the bed like they have, it’s hard to believe SD is still right there - but they are - many people like them

Posted : September 15, 2021 1:42 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

RIP Boston Bruins great Fred Stanfield - thank you Fred for all those years cheering on those teams you were on - they were the greatest of any & all who donned the black & gold 

Posted : September 15, 2021 2:03 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Happy birthday Ed Westfall, 81 today

it was a bad day for Bruins fans when we left him unprotected in the 1972 expansion draft and he went to NYI -

he was such a big part of the Orr-Esposito teams - he & linemate Derek Sanderson were great penalty killers - and solid offensively too

A longtime & real popular Bruin - those were such great teams

speaking of NYI - Zdeno Chara signs one year deal with them

Zdeno & Tom Brady, still doing it - Brady 4 TD passes so far today, albeit 2 for one yard, another for three, then a 20 yarder to Gronk

all three of these players, Boston greats

This post was modified 3 years ago by Stephen

Posted : September 19, 2021 1:55 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

How bout those Cardinals...... 😀

Yep the old cliche of getting hot at the right time & now on the verge of the WC 

Sox, NY & Tor in AL - let’s go Boston, Red Sox Nation always cheering em on, Boston Strong 

we close out Fenway schedule w/NY (Mets/NYY), season schedule at Balt/Wash

oak/seattle still in it - nothing is a cinch, NY can still go off - mayb Judge will forget his eye drops this wknd

Posted : September 22, 2021 3:16 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

“NY can still go off”

yep the Boston haters are enjoying this greatly - Pats lost today, & NYY has beaten us 2 straight

had thought there were a few Cards fans here, obviously not - team record win streak, have clinched WC…..there were back in the day

let’s go Sox, we sure need this one tonite

Posted : September 26, 2021 6:14 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This week should be good for some of the playoff spots and seeding. Nobody wants to be stuck in that one game play in crap. 

I'm excited for the playoffs to start but kind of bummed for the season to end. For whatever reason I have been to more Cubs games than I ever have. I only paid for one. I went to the last game at Wrigley Sunday and I might go  to Comiskey to see my Tiggers play the White Sux this weekend. Curious what the White Sux playoff tix cost. Probably more than it costs to sit on my couch. 😉 

Posted : September 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yeah LAD, w/the second best record, vs St.L, the hottest team in baseball, deprives the postseason of a more than deserving team - it’s unfair

they tried it, now it’s time to get rid of the one game playin

Posted : September 28, 2021 8:21 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @stephen

Yeah LAD, w/the second best record, vs St.L, the hottest team in baseball, deprives the postseason of a more than deserving team - it’s unfair

they tried it, now it’s time to get rid of the one game playin

Well I think technically they will both be in the playoffs if you consider the one game thing. But I have made my feelings known on it and I agree with you.

Your Red Sux might not even make it. 😮 

But teams have missed the playoffs by a game for decades. The 1967 season is a perfect example.

Posted : September 29, 2021 9:48 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

That 17 game run by the Cardinals was exciting - mostly because it shut up all the Cub fans I have to listen to constantly ... Laugh  

Posted : September 30, 2021 5:18 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @sang

That 17 game run by the Cardinals was exciting - mostly because it shut up all the Cub fans I have to listen to constantly ... Laugh  

Who do you root for if the White Sux play the Deadbirds?

Posted : October 1, 2021 10:30 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

That would be a great problem to have .... always been a Cardinals fan, started following the Sox after I moved here ... so I would root for the Cards but not feel bad if the Sox won ... 

Posted : October 1, 2021 1:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@sang 

Yeah, interesting situation to be in. Reminds me of 1984. I was a kid and we finally got cable TV that year and the Flubs were on WGN all the time. We even got them in Detroit. So they had that magical year and should have gone to The World Series but they messed that up. I became an instant fan. Sandberg won the MVP, Sutcliffe was unstopable, etc. So I was thinking, what if they play my Tiggers? Then it hit me. Why on earth would I root for Chicago over Detroit? It was a moot point but it would have been interesting if they played each other.

Posted : October 1, 2021 2:37 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Today is going to be interesting. The Giants & Dodgers can end up tied. So they would have to play an extra game.

And FOUR American League teams can end up tied. Apparently they have a plan if that occurs. It is confusing. Yesterday was a perfect storm. Yankees lost and Toronto, Boston & Seattle all won.

The teams will have to play tomorrow because the playoffs start Tuesday and the teams have to travel. Kind of a mess.
Emoji

I will be scoreboard watching today!

Posted : October 3, 2021 7:44 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Well, the Yankees pulled it off and the networks got the Sux-Yanks wild card game they wanted. Yankees have had their number lately, but one game could go either way. I don't think anyone can stop the Rays though. Fun baseball day, I caught the 9th of the Yanks game during halftime of the Packers game. Yankees are one of the most up and down teams to get 90-wins.

100+ win Dodgers in the wild card just seems wrong. But thems the brakes.

Looking forward to the Brewers smoking the Braves in the Battle of Old Milwaukee.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 4, 2021 10:01 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

In other words your brothers?

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : October 5, 2021 11:38 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

J D Martinez out tonight. 

Posted : October 5, 2021 11:39 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @oldcoot

Brother - 1 brother ... but a few other people too ... 

Posted : October 5, 2021 4:20 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

My mistake, I thought you had several. 

Posted : October 5, 2021 4:25 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

My mistake, I thought you had several. 

Brothers or beers? 😛 

Posted : October 6, 2021 4:48 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tonight's game should be fun. If I didn't like Sang I would root against the Cards but I really don't care who wins. I remember when they played each other in 1985 in the NLCS. That was a great series. Ozzie Smith was even able to hit one out.

Thankfully, the greatest player of all time, George Brett and the Royals beat the Cards in The World Series. 😛 😛 

Posted : October 6, 2021 4:56 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

I guess both teams are 0-0 in the Wild Card, but...Cardinals are going to have to play a perfect game.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 6, 2021 5:20 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Does that matter? The team history that is.

Posted : October 6, 2021 5:51 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @lee

Does that matter? The team history that is.

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Like, the franchise history?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 6, 2021 6:32 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Obviously a lack of communication. 😉 

Posted : October 6, 2021 7:07 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@lee Just saying the Dodgers are a much better team, but anything can happen in a single Wild Card game.

Either way, I don't really care. If the Cards win, then the Dodgers are out of the way. If the Dodgers win, then I'm happy to see the Cards go home before the real party starts.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 6, 2021 7:07 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Of course. That's why I hate that one game thing. If the Cards win tonight I can see them going far. Who knows?

Posted : October 6, 2021 7:14 pm
Page 52 / 64
Share: