The Allman Brothers Band
MLB: Tampa Bay Rays...

Notifications
Clear all

MLB: Tampa Bay Rays Still in First Place!

1,910 Posts
31 Users
98 Likes
158.7 K Views
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Not sure about the Cole Hamels thing. I thought he was/is about done. But hey, the Dodgers are aggressive. And while I haven't heard much about it but they still have David Price they can start.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : August 4, 2021 4:31 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

Brewers trade for John Axford for $1. He hasn't pitched in the majors since 2018. He was an ace for the Brewers back 10 years ago when they were chasing a pennant with Prince Fielder, but hasn't really done much since. Interesting move.

Made an appearance, injured his elbow, sidelined

Posted : August 4, 2021 8:06 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @stephen

Brewers trade for John Axford for $1. He hasn't pitched in the majors since 2018. He was an ace for the Brewers back 10 years ago when they were chasing a pennant with Prince Fielder, but hasn't really done much since. Interesting move.

Yeah, funny right? Good thing it was just a $1.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 4, 2021 8:33 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, funny right? Good thing it was just a $1.

Or a Loonie. 😉 

Posted : August 5, 2021 7:08 am
PorkchopBob reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scherzer pitched a great first game for LA last night. Crowd loved him.

Posted : August 5, 2021 7:12 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Field of Dreams game unis released. This is going to be pretty cool. They should have Ray Liotta throw out the first pitch.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31964948/chicago-white-sox-new-york-yankees-unveil-throwback-uniforms-field-dreams-game

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1423277228771713024?s=20

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 5, 2021 11:46 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RIP J.R. Richard. I remember when he suffered that stroke when I was a kid. Who knows what kind of career he might have had if that hadn't happened.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/08/05/jr-richard-houston-astros-dies-mlb/5498543001/

Posted : August 5, 2021 3:38 pm
Stephen reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Field of Dreams game unis released. This is going to be pretty cool. They should have Ray Liotta throw out the first pitch.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31964948/chicago-white-sox-new-york-yankees-unveil-throwback-uniforms-field-dreams-game

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1423277228771713024?s=20

I am totally in the minority on the movie but I didn't like it and I love the cast. Kevin Costner, James Earl Jones, Ray Liotta? Timothy Busfield too. How can you go wrong? The idea is cool, I just didn't care for it. Baseball ghosts coming out of a cornfield? But hey, I thought The Natural was stupid too. 

Maybe I need to watch it again. Perhaps both movies actually. 😉 

Posted : August 5, 2021 3:52 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lee

@stephen 

What's up with Boston losing five straight? 

A deserved needle, hammered today & now we go skidding into Tor having lost 7 of 9

re Cubs, i wonder if the pattern might change this wknd - if Wrigley is packed, guessing there’d be an audible amount of ChiSox fans

at the very least, Cubs fans’ll be drowned out when they play later this month at Comiskey - ChiSox are all the chitty in the Windy City this summer

BO-Sox, no need to panic

Posted : August 5, 2021 4:50 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Yanks are catching up to the Sux. Teams are going in opposite directions.

Good test for the Brewers this weekend as they host the Giants, already took 1 from them last night.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 7, 2021 11:36 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @lee

@stephen 

What's up with Boston losing five straight? 

re Cubs, i wonder if the pattern might change this wknd - if Wrigley is packed, guessing there’d be an audible amount of ChiSox fans

Once again, I doubt it but I will give an update this evening when I get home. 😀 

Posted : August 7, 2021 12:22 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

🤙have fun - yeah going by the replays Wrigley went crazy when Romine hit that HR but ChiSox fans were audible top 10 when they scored 4 runs, esp on Godwin’s HR - 60/40 mayb???

it was Romine’s 1st HR since hitting 4 for Tygiz in 2017

Posted : August 7, 2021 1:43 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

we’re playing our best baseball right now, Yanks no - nothing to say that couldn’t be reversed in Sept 

Or Aug - yep 2-8 in the L10 column - 13-1, 7-3, 9-5 blowouts along the way, now outscored 20-5 over the last 2 games - the game giveth/taketh away - so do pitching staffs

Then guess who’s gonna be smokin’ in Sept., SAWX

Posted : August 7, 2021 1:56 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just home from the Flubs / White Sux game at Wrigley. I can't believe they charge people money to watch them. In eight innings they had four hits. Four bleeping hits! 😡 Didn't score a run. It is so painful to watch them. Most of the guys playing I have never even heard of. 

An usher was hassling me about my seats. I just gave him my phone and told him to look them up. Said he couldn't touch my phone.  There are no tickets. I asked him why he was bothering me. They let me in the bleeping place. These are my seats. He was bothering my wife first. I wanted to tell this guy to go eff himself but she told me not to. 

Effing Cubs.

Posted : August 7, 2021 5:29 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I did have the benefit of purchasing a way overpriced hot dog. The vendor asked me how I wanted it. He had mustard packets or ketchup ones. I guess that was how I wanted it. 🙄  

Posted : August 7, 2021 5:55 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I looked at my bank statement this morning. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I should have just paid the vendors their tips in cash. They'll take it. Probably prefer it because they get their money right away. They have options on their little machines, 15, 25, 35 percent. Do you think I am going to tip you 35% for an overpriced Bud or a steamed hot dog?

Actually my hot dog wasn't bad. But I remember the Tiger Stadium days when the vendors had these big metal containers and they actually had little trays in the front with onions and relish. Ah, good 'ol days...

Posted : August 8, 2021 8:13 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

SS Omar Vizquel had a great 24-year career w/6 teams & is a surefire HOFer

now he’s been charged w”sexually aggressive behavior” toward a batboy on a minor league team he managed in 2019

does/should this affect his being named to the HOF 

they keep out Rose, Jackson, Yawkey, the steroid guys

….if he was found guilty of the charges - should Omar also be denied - what’s worse, steroids or (alleged) perverted behavior 

the Sports Illustrated acc’t said the batboy was autistic - the espn story however does not include that info

ok - let’s go Sox 

good morning 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Stephen

Posted : August 8, 2021 8:17 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

15 hits thru 6 innings but we’ve left 9 on base, & the new pitcher comes in & gives up a lead off walk in the bottom of the 6th - such are the times for the Sox nowadays

just put this damn game away & be done w/it

Posted : August 8, 2021 3:46 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Going to the Flubs / White Sux Crosstown Classic tonight. My buddy just sent me a text and asked me if I wanted to go as his guest. I assume that means the ticket is free. His seats are good but $101.92 for one seat. I'll buy him a couple of beers but wow that's a lot of money. 

Posted : August 8, 2021 3:48 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SS Omar Vizquel had a great 24-year career w/6 teams & is a surefire HOFer

now he’s been charged w”sexually aggressive behavior” toward a batboy on a minor league team he managed in 2019

does/should this affect his being named to the HOF 

With all due respect I don't think he has a chance at getting into The Hall. A buddy of mine and I love the guy. He coached first for the Tiggers for several years and I have had this discussion with others before but he was arguably better (or just as good as) than Ozzie Smith because he was a better hitter.

But having the domestic assault thing with his wife and now this? I doubt voters will put him in.

Posted : August 8, 2021 3:54 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

I see his chances as real good personally (in on-field play🤙) - we shall see - dfrnt subjct, ups to Zach Wheeler, complete-game 2-hitter, 11 Ks, 1 BB - Phils have gotten hot, Mets no - Bucs, just a sad scene in Pittsburgh this summer

& Again, a leadoff walk bottom 7th😖

a four run lead is nothing in this one

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : August 8, 2021 4:01 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Catching 2 of the 3 games Lee, immense😎 - ya must love being there & stoked up w/the energy of a packed house - root, root-root for the home team, only they’re both home teams in a way - it’s tops, but hopefully your buddy’s ticket is indeed gratis, then you’ll be able to afford the pretzels, hot dogs & beer😮🤪⚾️ - nowhere else but Wrigley Field for sports fans 2nite🌎

Posted : August 8, 2021 4:25 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Catching 2 of the 3 games Lee, immense😎 - ya must love being there & stoked up w/the energy of a packed house - root, root-root for the home team, only they’re both home teams in a way - it’s tops, but hopefully your buddy’s ticket is indeed gratis, then you’ll be able to afford the pretzels, hot dogs & beer😮🤪⚾️ - nowhere else but Wrigley Field for sports fans 2nite🌎

Yeah if I get out of it okay, $40 for two games at Wrigley is a steal. Refreshments cost more than that. 

There actually were more Sux fans yesterday than I though there would be. And they were indeed loud. Of course the Flubs had nothing to cheer about anyway. 

Tonight's seats are way different than yesterday's. I was in the lower level yesterday in the the left field corner. Close to the Bartman seat. Tonight I am the the lower upper level if that make sense just to the left of home plate. It's a pain to get to them but I like them because you can see all of the pitches.

Posted : August 8, 2021 5:05 pm
Stephen reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Not the desired result, but ya saw a player, Jimenez, In The Zone, & w/Luis Robert back tmrw……Pete Ward, Joel Horlen, Walt “No Neck” Williams & ChiSox mayb poised for lightning-beam time-warp greatness in 2021

4 Sundays ago was the peak, the 5-4 win over German & NY’s near no-hitter

This Sunday, The Nadir

3 this week from TB is the only remedy - we’re still a good team

Posted : August 8, 2021 9:33 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Looks like Lee is getting to see another great game .... Grinning  

Posted : August 8, 2021 9:47 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@sang 

Pretty much what I expected. Actually totally what I expected.

Posted : August 9, 2021 6:46 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Last night's game was particularly bad. There weren't even butts in seats and the Flubs were already down by five runs. I can't believe how much money I have given this moribund franchise in the last four months. 

Posted : August 9, 2021 6:51 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have the opportunity to go to Wrigley again tonight. Pretty sure I've never been there for three consecutive games and even though this one would be free again and as much as I love baseball, I'm sitting this one out. 

Flubs stink that much. No $15 beers for me. 😉 

Posted : August 9, 2021 3:34 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Game is still delayed ... good call ... 

Posted : August 9, 2021 10:10 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @sang

Game is still delayed ... good call ... 

Day night doubleheader today. I guess they need to get the game in as this is Milwaukee's last trip of the year to Wrigley. I really dislike the seven inning games. I hope next year they get rid of it but I doubt that is gonna happen. MLB seems really stubborn about their decisions. How long have people argued about the DH? They haven't changed that in what, 48 years?

Posted : August 10, 2021 10:20 am
Page 48 / 64
Share: