The Allman Brothers Band
MLB: Tampa Bay Rays...

Notifications
Clear all

MLB: Tampa Bay Rays Still in First Place!

1,910 Posts
31 Users
98 Likes
158.7 K Views
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Got my tickets today for the Cubs / Tigers game at Wrigley in July.

And going to the White Sox / Tigers game at Comiskey Saturday if they don't call it. Snowed here last night. 😮

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : April 4, 2018 12:48 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Going to the Tigers / White Sox game at Comiskey tomorrow. High temp of 39 degrees. 😮

Posted : April 6, 2018 2:16 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

I can't believe that eagle landed on the OF's shoulder -- that guy coulda been seriously maimed if its talons were out or got aggressive -- guess it was supposed to land on the mound where its human 'handler' was -- c'mon Sox, let's fly like an eagle

Posted : April 6, 2018 7:33 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Maybe the eagle wasn't named Steve Miller. 😛

Posted : April 7, 2018 3:24 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Froze at Comiskey yesterday. Thought about going today. $5 cheapest tickets but I don't want to freeze again. 😮

[Edited on 5/4/2018 by Lee]

Posted : April 8, 2018 3:19 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

ChiSox & Cubs in dueling home matinees today, what's up w/that -- then the big-slugging (yawn) Bomb-ers here tmrw

Posted : April 9, 2018 7:14 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Watched the Rockies opener with the Braves. Everybody was bundled up completely, only eyes were exposed and it was hard to tell who was who except by their position on the field and name on back of the jersey.
The announcers kept giving the temp from the scoreboard and I never heard it go above freezing, add to that the wind blowing across the snow on the field.
Some of time it looked as if the Michelin Man was at bat.

[Edited on 4/10/2018 by Jerry]

Posted : April 9, 2018 4:47 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ChiSox & Cubs in dueling home matinees today, what's up w/that -- then the big-slugging (yawn) Bomb-ers here tmrw

It happens. Not often but usually a couple times a season. Regarding the games yesterday, there was more snow up on the north side where I live so I think the Sox had a better chance to clear the field. There's quite a bit of snow up here not far from Wrigley.

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:30 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Went to the Cubs game yesterday. Temperature was about 70-72 degrees at game time. All of the sudden in the 3rd or 4th inning the temp dropped probably 20-25 degrees in a matter of seconds. Never experienced anything like it. Crowd was kinda sparse to begin with but when the temp dropped the place started to clear out big time.

Plus the Cubs got smoked anyway.

Posted : April 13, 2018 5:34 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Flubs scored once yesterday and they are getting shut out today. Their hitting is as bad as the Tigers. Tough rooting for them at this point but the Cubs should be doing better.

Posted : April 13, 2018 12:18 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

What a game at Wrigley. A comedy of errors. The Braves must feel sick. Everything that could have gone wrong for them did. It was fun to watch though.

Unless you are a Braves fan. 😀

Posted : April 15, 2018 2:09 am
DanB
 DanB
(@danb)
Prominent Member

What a game at Wrigley. A comedy of errors. The Braves must feel sick. Everything that could have gone wrong for them did. It was fun to watch though.

Unless you are a Braves fan. 😀

my son are and I were stunned

it looked like rec ball team

Posted : April 15, 2018 5:45 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I realize it's only April but watching the A.L. Central it appears the White Sux and Tiggers are already jockeying for last place.

Posted : April 16, 2018 11:47 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

With this weather, I think the season might end in December. 😮

Posted : April 17, 2018 8:45 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

We get our 1st look at phenom Shohei Ohtani & streaking Angels tonite, countering w/David -- Xander is about a week away -- Mookie (foot) & Hanley (HBP) fine -- Dustin will be back next month -- JBJ will heat up w/weather at plate, he's the game's best outfielder
you are never forgotten, Felix Pappalardi

Posted : April 17, 2018 8:50 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

What is JBJ?

Posted : April 17, 2018 9:00 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Jackie Bradley Jr. 😀 -- he made one of his awesome catches Sat in RF

Posted : April 17, 2018 9:06 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Oh. They haven't been the same since Yaz retired. Cool

Posted : April 17, 2018 9:12 am
emr
 emr
(@emr)
Prominent Member

So Bryce (Roy Hobbs) Harper hits a 406 ft homer while his bat snapped in half. I think the kid has some talent

Posted : April 17, 2018 9:32 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

CHICAGO -- Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo is advocating for a shorter season, even if that means a smaller paycheck for players.

"I think we play too much baseball," Rizzo said Tuesday during his weekly appearance on ESPN 1000. "Yes, guys are going to take pay cuts. But are we playing this game for the money or do we love this game? I know it's both, but in the long run it will make everything better."

Rizzo believes a transition period with guaranteed contracts could be worked out, perhaps "grandfathering" them into a new system with new contracts reflecting fewer games played.

agree w/this, the season is too long -- shorten spring training, let players work out offseason kinks in 1st few weeks of season -- might help to begin bring outrageous salaries back in line w/reality, also possibly reduce the # of injuries that sideline so many of them

Posted : April 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I would rather have these bad weather games in April than during the playoffs. This has gone on for decades. I remember going to games as a kid when it was snowing so I don't really think this is anything all that new.

Posted : April 17, 2018 3:11 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Going to the Tampa / Minnesota game Friday night. It will be my third game in three different stadiums in two weeks. Can't say I've ever done that before. 😀

Posted : April 18, 2018 2:21 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

The bottom of the order did it (obviously Mookie too) -- a combined 7 hits in 13 AB, 5 runs, 5 RBI -- Sawx 10, Calif LA Angels 1 -- blister or no, phenom or no, we were gonna hit whoever was out there --

JBJ, 5-2-3-2
have a running friendly bet (ovr last 2-3 yrs or so) that Jackie in his career will win the triple crown w/a Carl-in-1967 type of season -- he has it in him -- already the consensus top OF in MLB;) Cool

[Edited on 4/18/2018 by Stephen]

Posted : April 18, 2018 8:15 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

agree w/this, the season is too long

Bring back Saturday & Sunday Doubleheaders!

Posted : April 18, 2018 5:48 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

agree w/this, the season is too long

Bring back Saturday & Sunday Doubleheaders!

I've thought that for a long time. Often they have to reschedule games in a day night doubleheader anyway so why not just schedule a few ahead of time anyway? The MLB will still get two gates for the cash.

Posted : April 19, 2018 3:53 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://sports.yahoo.com/pete-roses-estranged-wife-claims-hes-major-debt-due-high-stakes-gambling-213326581.html

Posted : April 24, 2018 11:14 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

It's not just the Sixiz
no, cracks & all the Liberty Bell is ringing loud & proud nowadays -- Eagles & Villanova won -- 2 years after winning a mere 10 games, Process products Simmons, masked-marvel Embiid & 6ers are scary

....& just a year after the embarrassment of 2017 (30 games under .500)
....sure enough, it's contagious in Phila as Phillies, yes the PHILLIES, have started fast

Blight for Phans tho -- they booed Phlyiz during Pitts series -- that's outta school, something alluded to by Claude Giroux in an article circulating on espn.com -- it's no disgrace to get beat by the 2-time champions

it's early yet but sevrl teams, Cincy, SD, Miami, Tex, Balt others, are already near wait-til-next-year mode -- ChiSox & KC would be but are in weak div -- they play each other this wknd, likely w/few paying customers on hand --

reported attendance was 10G at ChiSox-Seattle game -- AP report had it at "an estimated 2,000" --
Bummer of a summer in store on the south side, esp their bullpen 😮 😛 -- watta name for a reliever-going-bad -- Yoan, however, is heating up in a big way -- mayb this will be the year the potential everyone has always raved about, will finally happen

Xander back tmrw, Dustin next month -- we haven't yet played our best ball, same is true for many teams/hitters -- we gotta make this fast start count at least into all star break -- let's go Sox

[Edited on 4/27/2018 by Stephen]

Posted : April 26, 2018 10:56 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pujols almost to 3,000 hits. Smile

Posted : May 4, 2018 2:36 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Are the Red Sux still in first place all by themselves? 😛

Posted : May 9, 2018 11:54 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

we gotta make this fast start count at least into all star break -- let's go Sox
[Edited on 4/27/2018 by Stephen]

didn't know -- susPECted but didn't Know -- they'd turn into a marauding juggernaut running rampant in same fashion as their 1990s teams w/Jeter. their 70s teams w/Reggie -- Didi G. & G. Sanchez are to their 2 sluggers, what Tom Tresh & Joe Pepitone were to Mantle & Maris........& so forth

the Murderers Row they ain't, however -- We're Right There With Em -- Hanley & JBJ, Mitch Moreland & Nunez coming off the bench, Sandy & Christian starting to hit, Pedey back next week
& we got Xander & Mookie --

One year after missing for "an unspecified elbow injury," David again to sidelines -- Steven Wright might be around somewhere -- NY does have the edge in pitching -- not tonite tho, tied going into wknd -- c'mon Eduard & Sox, salvage one

Posted : May 10, 2018 8:37 am
Page 2 / 64
Share: