(@photoron286)
Noble Member

You're.

Posted : September 2, 2019 4:10 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Have any of you grammar major's thought about pooling together and starting a free tutoring network across some of your home state's?Man that would be fantastic! If ya decide to kick it in gear,and one of ya is in the Tampa/Bradenton Fl area, please let me know.I would love to attend and improve what little skill i have in the grammar field.Then i could come here and run with the big boy's.I am getting like Chris Mathew's when he thought about Obama.A warm tingle is running up my leg.Who knows,i may even turn into a Never Trumper!

Posted : September 2, 2019 5:51 pm
adhill58
(@adhill58)
Reputable Member

Oh boy!The king of quote copy and paste is still alive and well i see.I assume from your recent post you also have obtained a degree in mind study and behavior.I mean man you are one top shelf cat!Thanks for pointing out my groupie trait's to me.I was never really aware i had such outstanding merit's.Guess cause i use to go over to Red Dog's in Tampa before he moved to Macon,hang out and shoot the sh*t,i am a full pledged groupie and stalker. And oh my gosh,we've even crashed at Payne's crib,got drunk & rattled the neighborhood with Long John Baldry's King of Rock n Roll Boogie Woogie,and went to Hank Sr's grave.Yeah your spot on Mr.Big Shot!All of what you just said really knocked me down to size.I am just a very square,right wing wanna be scholar, spewing chin dribble groupie/stalker jibber.From now on i will look,read and listen to your most holy of holy insightful post with great reverence and respect.Thank you once again oh great one,for tellin it just like it really is.You are one spiffey cat!

So you are making fun of someone for using a direct quote from the jackass president to point out that he is an idiot... sorry that bothers you. I am not sure what other copying and pasting I am supposedly the king of because I have really only done that a couple times so that Trump fans on here couldn't cry that I was misquoting him.

Again, nobody cares if you drank a beer with someone famous. Notice all of the replies to your bragging by people wanting to know how cool it was to hang with all the cool people you are best friends with? There aren't any because nobody cares. Why don't you start a new thread where you tell us all about how awesome your life has been jet-setting with musicians and roadies and see how many people care to listen.

The point of my earlier posts were that it is highly incorrect to imply that there is anything conservative about the politics of this band. I (along with others) provided facts to support that and you bragged about hanging out with people again. You never provided any information that added to the discussion. Your statement that Duane Allman would smack someone is the dumbest thing I have read on this forum in a long time.

If you want to talk about what is wrong with liberals on here, that's fine. Other people are going to talk about what is wrong with conservatives. If you get so upset that you have a fantasy about a dead musician committing violence on another poster, maybe you need to see if there is a forum like this for Ted Nugent fans. I am sure that crowd would love to hear the crap you put on here.

Also, the bad grammar thing is dumb. You got called out on it and it stopped for a few posts, and then you make another post loaded with intentional mistakes attacking people for policing grammar when nobody had done that in this thread.

Being such a hardcore right-winger, what did you talk about at Hank Williams' grave? Was it how it is too bad he died before his drug habit landed him in a privately-owned for-profit prison?

[Edited on 9/3/2019 by adhill58]

Posted : September 3, 2019 5:03 am
adhill58
(@adhill58)
Reputable Member

Hey all kidding and arguing aside - is the title of this thread making anyone else sick other than me? I realize it is not serious, just supposed to be funny and all, but it just strikes me as wrong. Sorry to play the race card, but it actually does seem racist to me.

I'll second that.

Posted : September 3, 2019 5:10 am
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Well then do it! And oh that book ya just posted really cut me to the core man.You just keep on storing in that mind of your*s all you've read in book'''s and you;ll be just fine.And i will just keep jet setting on my Tonka Turbo dump truck round the asylum,looking for folk with a dribble on their chin i can brag and boast to.Maybe one day the med's will help,and i can rise to you stature in life.Oh yeah!Man you do have the gift don't you?Being able to tell when i mis quote on purpose.How do ya know i am not just a 4'th grade drop out ,and it's all real$$$

Posted : September 3, 2019 6:27 am
Bhawk
(@bhawk)
Famed Member

I am Happy Hillary Lost and you pout because Trump won.

Yeah, that's it. No legit criticism of Trump. It's all just pouting.

LOL

Posted : September 3, 2019 6:53 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

I am Happy Hillary Lost and you pout because Trump won.

Yeah, that's it. No legit criticism of Trump. It's all just pouting.

LOL

LOL. I am afraid you miss the point. One group here can consistently criticize the sitting President and that is more than fair and in most cases deserved on some level. Another consistently criticizes a certain Political Party and its beliefs and well, that is just not cool and deserves retribution. Leading me to believe, it's not the commentary, it is the content.

Posted : September 3, 2019 6:59 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

How do ya know i am not just a 4'th grade drop out

You are no 4th grade dropout sir. If you are a high school dropout you are extremely well read and self-taught.

Your more colorful posts, which I look forward to and enjoy immensely, are clearly theater. The rendering of dialect is an art, a wrting style originated by Mark Twain. It is an advanced literary device.

The follwing is one of the finest posts I have seen on Derek's inheritance of ABB wizardry - it could stand as a college level writing sample, even down to the carefully contrived dropping of the g a couple of times to give it a more casual country affect. Perfect spellng, no possessive apostrophes used to indicate plurals, apostrophes used correctly to contract "is", commas placed perfectly for pace and emphasis.

"Macon & The Brothers have been a spiritual journey for me since the age of 14.Have had numerous encounters and happenings take place in Macon and with the band that were unexplainable,mysterious,and from another dimension so to speak.With that bein said i feel in my heart & spirit,that there has been tales,secrets,techniques,etc that have been passed on to Derek.And as far out into the cosmos as that sounds,,,,,,that's my story and i'm stickin to it.
Then again maybe those 200 plus acid trips,mescaline like a kid at a candy store,etc and miles of runnin up and down ol hwy 41 to Macon as child ,had something to do with it.I know i am not one to have to have a scientific explanation to prove and sort out every mind blowing trail that comes down the line.
Then again it could just be Skydog comin round and into the mix with Derek for some fellowship.And to hear lil brer very closely.
Damn! that residue in the mind channels just keeps puttin out as the years pass by it seems."

You should write a book on your experiences in the ABB family in your trademark dialect style.Throw in some of the psychedelic mystery connections too. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat.

Posted : September 3, 2019 7:30 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

One group here can consistently criticize the sitting President and that is more than fair and in most cases deserved on some level. Another consistently criticizes a certain Political Party and its beliefs and well, that is just not cool and deserves retribution.

If you think it’s ok to consistently criticize a political party simply because of their beliefs and values, then you are the problem. And if you don’t see how that’s different than criticizing one person for his actions, then you are beyond help. Also, just to point out how absurd you are, you constantly cry that liberals are the ones who can’t accept differing opinions, yet you openly admit above to doing it yourself - what a joke.

It is this simple. "If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it"...

Be critical of a President or a Political party, your choice. Understand that, or you are the problem my friend. The use of the word "tolerance" and the lack of understanding of how that term is applied can easily fit both sides of the argument. There is no need to stoop to name calling merely because you don't care for the type of criticism being bandied about...

There are those who who've used the word "Nazi" in reference to a sitting President. You ought to be ashamed. Now whether or not I agree or disagree with whatever said person uses as his reasoning to use such a disgusting phrase is NOT the issue. Because I chose not to jump on that bandwagon, does not in anyway shape or form stand for a message of approval. No way. Criticize away, call the President a buffoon, clown whatever, I don't care. But use the term "Nazi" and we have a disagreement. How that in anyway affects my right to state an opinion of what a particular Political party chooses to espouse is puzzling.

I could sit here in this forum all day long and be critical of the President and most of you would embrace it, in fact that is exactly what you do, just take note of the Trump threads. That's OK right?... But be critical of your side?....and wow. So, it's not the criticism, it's who I choose to besmirch.

"Beyond help"....hysterical ... I offer this many apologies for disagreeing with the "Majority" here. ZERO.

Are we clear pal?

Posted : September 3, 2019 10:16 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Be critical of a President or a Political party, your choice. Understand that, or you are the problem my friend.

Yes, it’s a choice to be a bigot, and criticize an entire party for their beliefs. Go right ahead. I won’t call the cops.

There are those who who've used the word "Nazi" in reference to a sitting President. You ought to be ashamed. Now whether or not I agree or disagree with whatever said person uses as his reasoning to use such a disgusting phrase is NOT the issue. Because I chose not to jump on that bandwagon, does not in anyway shape or form stand for a message of approval. No way.

Ok, and?

Criticize away, call the President a buffoon, clown whatever, I don't care. But use the term "Nazi" and we have a disagreement. How that in anyway affects my right to state an opinion of what a particular Political party chooses to espouse is puzzling.

You can equate the two all you want, but criticizing an entire party for their beliefs, and criticizing one person for his actions, are two completely different things.

I could sit here in this forum all day long and be critical of the President and most of you would embrace it, in fact that is exactly what you do, just take note of the Trump threads. That's OK right?... But be critical of your side?....and wow. So, it's not the criticism, it's who I choose to besmirch.

I’ve been saying all along that it’s wrong to criticize an entire group that makes up half the country, simply for their beliefs, so yes.

What is so difficult to understand?

After reading your responses, further attempts at communication with you are futile. We are different in every sense of the word and that's OK. I will continue to be cynical and demeaning of Democratic policies and leadership all the while not caring in the least what you think. And so it will go. You have your idea of "wrong" and I will resume expressing my thoughts on what I feel is extremism radiating from the liberal left. Deal with that anyway you choose. I will state my discord and you will use epithets, I have accepted that this is who you are and what you choose to represent.

Enjoy the day.

Posted : September 3, 2019 11:06 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

If you think it’s ok to consistently criticize a political party simply because of their beliefs and values, then you are the problem

More than happy to be the problem, call me intolerant but there are quite a few political parties I find below contempt, and will consistently and freely criticize anyone or any group who shares their characteristics or sympathizes in any way. The Nazi Party at the top of the list, and anyone who draws inspiration from that political party or admires anything about it.

Posted : September 3, 2019 12:10 pm
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Posted : September 3, 2019 12:37 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

You had me confused for a minute. Then I remembered.

Posted : September 3, 2019 4:34 pm
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Ah yes, a far more preferable masterpiece than the one I had in mind. Thanks for steering me toward happier thoughts and memories, always grateful.

Posted : September 3, 2019 5:00 pm
playallnite
(@playallnite)
Reputable Member

When Republicans see black, they attack.

Posted : September 8, 2019 10:48 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Got a little over 5 minutes? Here's some of the history of Blacks and Republicans

https://www.prageru.com/video/the-inconvenient-truth-about-the-democratic-party/

Then again, some of you might think the video is racist.

Posted : September 8, 2019 5:14 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Now does this statement refer to what Democrats say is happening today?...Last month?...This decade?...or does this open the door for an introduction of facts that pertain to what Democrats have done concerning Black people in this Country through History?

Posted : September 8, 2019 5:31 pm
(@2112)
Famed Member

This just in, the man Trump called "My African-American" at one of his rallies is leaving the GOP due to Trump's racism.

https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Their-only-concern-is-for-whites-Man-who-Trump-14436914.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com

Posted : September 13, 2019 5:48 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Gotta be a meaty ham bone out there better than that pork chop splinter.

Posted : September 15, 2019 10:48 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: