79 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

He will be a one-term president.

I disagree and because I "think" Democrats have learned zippo from the loss in '16

Let's take Health insurance..... The Party that thought it was a great idea to financially penalize American citizens for NOT having coverage now wants to GIVE Medical Insurance to Illegals.
Think about that for a moment.....

Most if not all of the arguments you've stated against are leftist in origin and apply mostly to the extreme wing of the Democratic Party....

The Center will prevail

The "penalty" for not having insurance came from the republicans and the Heritage Foundation.... but whatever....

The first year that penalty was enforced and people were expected to COMPLY was 2014. Seeing as how it was President Obama's Bill and he signed it in 2010, the word COMPLY would infer the Penalty existed in 2010.

Facts are fun!

Posted : August 28, 2019 5:20 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

I get a warm tingle running up my leg to think of Warren,Baldy Booker,Crazy Bernie,Buttjam,Hairy Kamala,Sleepy Joe or O"Dork to win though.Then i can sit on my ass and get free healthcare, a check in the mail every month,food stamps dressed up like a Visa card,and free Law college.
Yeah man!I am a racist,homophobe,islamaphobe,dorkaphobe,and don't know where to put my com'mas,hillbilly backwoods redneckin asshole.
SO U CK IN WHAT.

Well at least you admit what we've all been saying for years.

trump is toast.

You probably never got "paid" because no one took you up on that bet.

Just because you posted it doesn't mean anyone owes you jack.

Just another fan of the stable genius.

Call him and see if he'll send you a C-note or a free night's stay at mar-y lardass.

Posted : August 28, 2019 5:27 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

The "penalty" for not having insurance came from the republicans and the Heritage Foundation.... but whatever....

Took me all of 30 seconds to search and verify - scroll down for photocopies of the Republican documents. Sure beats arguing.

http://americablog.com/2013/10/original-1989-document-heritage-foundation-created-obamacares-individual-mandate.html

1989. Obama signed the Bill 20 years later...

Posted : August 28, 2019 8:08 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Another lie you like to repeat, debunked. https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/aug/01/donald-trump/fact-checking-trump-ad-democrats-health-care-immig/

Spin, spin, spin away.......That article does not "Debunk" sh*t.

Sure paints a rosy picture though...

Posted : August 29, 2019 2:46 am
adhill58
(@adhill58)
Reputable Member

Took me all of 30 seconds to search and verify - scroll down for photocopies of the Republican documents. Sure beats arguing.

http://americablog.com/2013/10/original-1989-document-heritage-foundation-created-obamacares-individual-mandate.html

What is so hard to get about this?

Obama's plan to ATTEMPT to get some bipartisan support for a healthcare law was to use a lot of ideas pitched by Republicans during earlier periods of healthcare policy debates, including but not limited to Romneycare. However, what had previously been good ideas put out by REPUBLICAN THINK TANKS suddenly became a threat to our existence as a nation when they were suggested by the Obama administration. This was part of McConnell's "one-term presidency" plan to obstruct anything from Obama.

So yes, much of what was in the ACA had been Republican policy suggestions, but Republican politicians know that the vast majority of their voters have short attention spans and do very little homework. There only argument had become anything from Obama is terrible. This is how you end up with Mitt Romney whose major political accomplishment was passing a government healthcare plan as governor of Massachusetts having to argue against his own policies that had been incorporated into the ACA as the Republican presidential nominee.

Somehow it is hard for Republican voters to understand that this this happened. It is easy to find a good chunk of the ACA policies being put out by Republicans as alternatives to the Clinton administration's national healthcare legislation that sputtered out.

It's only confusing because it is so stupid. It is also very dishonest and cynical.

I can't believe Republican voters act like this all makes sense. I am sure the guy who spit on John Lewis right before the ACA vote had done a lot of homework.

[Edited on 8/29/2019 by adhill58]

Posted : August 29, 2019 5:33 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Another lie you like to repeat, debunked. https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/aug/01/donald-trump/fact-checking-trump-ad-democrats-health-care-immig/

It proves YOUR claim that: "All democratic presidential candidates support free healthcare for illegal immigrants" is a LIE, BIG VEE!. You are a pathetic, peddler of bullsh!t. Smile

It proves nothing, it does however place a convenient spin on the argument that attempts to downplay ALL of the Candidates raising their hands in support of Illegals being included in a plan that comes at the Taxpayers expense.

Posted : August 30, 2019 4:15 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

What is so hard to get about this?

Obama's plan to ATTEMPT to get some bipartisan support for a healthcare law was to use a lot of ideas pitched by Republicans during earlier periods of healthcare policy debates, including but not limited to Romneycare. However, what had previously been good ideas put out by REPUBLICAN THINK TANKS suddenly became a threat to our existence as a nation when they were suggested by the Obama administration. This was part of McConnell's "one-term presidency" plan to obstruct anything from Obama.

So yes, much of what was in the ACA had been Republican policy suggestions, but Republican politicians know that the vast majority of their voters have short attention spans and do very little homework. There only argument had become anything from Obama is terrible. This is how you end up with Mitt Romney whose major political accomplishment was passing a government healthcare plan as governor of Massachusetts having to argue against his own policies that had been incorporated into the ACA as the Republican presidential nominee.

Somehow it is hard for Republican voters to understand that this this happened. It is easy to find a good chunk of the ACA policies being put out by Republicans as alternatives to the Clinton administration's national healthcare legislation that sputtered out.

It's only confusing because it is so stupid. It is also very dishonest and cynical.

I can't believe Republican voters act like this all makes sense. I am sure the guy who spit on John Lewis right before the ACA vote had done a lot of homework.

[Edited on 8/29/2019 by adhill58]

You know full well why this issue is so hard....It's hard because the Republicans and many on this site refuse to give Obama any credit whatsoever on ANY issue even when Obama used the very same rationale the very same Republicans pushed for and supported before it was Obama and Nancy Pelosi (the Wicked Witch of the West in their eyes) who actually made it happen.

If it were John McCain who had created the ACA, Mitch McConnelL and Paul Ryan would have embraced it rather than have spent the past nearly 10 years trying to destroy it.
Talk about putting party above people...

The people of this nation need to wake up to what the Republicans and Trump especially are doing to our healthcare system. Piece by piece Trump and the Republicans are disassembling what little bit of healthcare security low and middle class Americans have left.

Posted : August 30, 2019 4:17 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

It proves YOUR claim that: "All democratic presidential candidates support free healthcare for illegal immigrants" is a LIE, BIG VEE!. You are a pathetic, peddler of bullsh!t. Smile

It proves nothing, it does however place a convenient spin on the argument that attempts to downplay ALL of the Candidates raising their hands in support of Illegals being included in a plan that comes at the Taxpayers expense.

Your reply proves, you did not read the article, or can't comprehend what it said.

Your reply proves that there is only one way to see it, your way and I respectively disagree with the opinion stated in your link.

Posted : August 30, 2019 6:25 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Its a "fact" not an opinion. Learn the difference.

The ad is misleading. Candidates were asked whether their health care plans would cover immigrants here illegally. They were not, however, directly asked if that coverage would be free.

By looking at candidates’ statements that night and at their individual platforms, we can get a better understanding of exactly how this notion that they support "free" coverage is not exactly right.

"Misleading"..."Not exactly right"

Posted : August 30, 2019 7:19 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

What the hell do democrat's stand for anyway?Killing a CHILD up until it's time of birth?Man that's a lovely trait to tout.Homosexual,transgender,queer indoctrination,etc etc?Wow,such a lovely thought isn't it.Open border's?Now that's a damn brain stormer.Take rifle's they deem useless and unfit away from lawful citizen's?Oh by all mean's!To take JESUS outta the equation and chastise those that differ from their view point?Yet embrace and excuse a Mosque that refuses to marry a homosexual/lesbian couple?
Maybe one of ya'll can break down what is so damn great about being a liberal democrat.Can't wait!

Posted : August 30, 2019 7:46 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

What the hell do democrat's stand for anyway?Killing a CHILD up until it's time of birth?Man that's a lovely trait to tout.Homosexual,transgender,queer indoctrination,etc etc?Wow,such a lovely thought isn't it.Open border's?Now that's a damn brain stormer.Take rifle's they deem useless and unfit away from lawful citizen's?Oh by all mean's!To take JESUS outta the equation and chastise those that differ from their view point?Yet embrace and excuse a Mosque that refuses to marry a homosexual/lesbian couple?
Maybe one of ya'll can break down what is so damn great about being a liberal democrat.Can't wait!

This is part of the reason "The south" lost the civil war. 😛

Because they were Democrats?

Posted : August 31, 2019 5:19 am
rmack
(@rmack)
Reputable Member

Because she lost, I'm still whistlin' Dixie........everyday

Oh, I wish I was back in the land of cotton…old times there are not forgotten…yep, the good old days when America was great and the nonwhiites knew their place…KKK…the rope from the tree…separate lunch counters, drinking fountains, schools….BigV gets all moist...

Posted : August 31, 2019 1:49 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

This is why we need education reform in our country, and I’m not referring to this man’s grammar, which I believe is intentional to portray a persona of his. I’ve noticed that he often posts with perfect grammar and spelling when he isn’t irritated. But when he wants to “engage”, out comes the southern yokel character. My guess is he wants liberals to attack his writing style to prove that they are mean, or something. But back to the education reform - we CANNOT allow our children to fall for fake news stories like Luke clearly has. We MUST remove pointless classes that aren’t applicable to real life, and replace it with more social studies courses to teach children how to decipher fact from fiction in our media. Otherwise, we get the type of idiotic nonsense that we see above.

Tie you shoe strings and sit up straight boy!
Just answer the damn question little person.And take that Skydog tag off your handle.Duane would slap your silly little punk ass in a NY second.

Posted : August 31, 2019 4:49 pm
adhill58
(@adhill58)
Reputable Member

This is why we need education reform in our country, and I’m not referring to this man’s grammar, which I believe is intentional to portray a persona of his. I’ve noticed that he often posts with perfect grammar and spelling when he isn’t irritated. But when he wants to “engage”, out comes the southern yokel character. My guess is he wants liberals to attack his writing style to prove that they are mean, or something. But back to the education reform - we CANNOT allow our children to fall for fake news stories like Luke clearly has. We MUST remove pointless classes that aren’t applicable to real life, and replace it with more social studies courses to teach children how to decipher fact from fiction in our media. Otherwise, we get the type of idiotic nonsense that we see above.

Just answer the damn question little person.And take that Skydog tag off your handle.Duane would slap your silly little punk ass in a NY second.

This is good. We are supposed to believe that a long-haired hippie guitar player from an integrated 1960s rock band that had anti-segregation clauses in their concert contracts for southern venues and owed a major part of their fame to a gay Jewish refugee concert promoter was politically conservative. Got it. That makes all kinds of sense.

Does "LUKE" think Duane Allman was campaigning for Nixon? That is what it sounds like...

Oh yeah... Remember when his band later actually campaigned for Jimmy Carter and Obama? I am not saying you can't be an ABB fan and a right-winger, but to think that anything about the band was right-wing is just laughable.

[Edited on 9/1/2019 by adhill58]

Posted : August 31, 2019 7:14 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Oh, I wish I was back in the land of cotton…old times there are not forgotten…yep, the good old days when America was great and the nonwhiites knew their place…KKK…the rope from the tree…separate lunch counters, drinking fountains, schools….BigV gets all moist...

I would like to know what makes you think it's OK to write garbage like this?...Did I attack you?

Think Duane & Gregg ever whistled Dixie?

Posted : August 31, 2019 7:18 pm
adhill58
(@adhill58)
Reputable Member

I would like to know what makes you think it's OK to write garbage like this?...Did I attack you?

What is the legal definition of "garbage"? Just something that you deem offensive?

Posted : August 31, 2019 7:55 pm
rmack
(@rmack)
Reputable Member

Gosh, V…does this seem like the "hate speech" that doesn't exist?

Posted : August 31, 2019 8:25 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Gosh, V…does this seem like the "hate speech" that doesn't exist?

Absolutely not. Say whatever want. Here's the difference, You've made it personal.

Posted : September 1, 2019 4:41 am
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

This is good. We are supposed to believe that a long-haired hippie guitar player from an integrated 1960s rock band that had anti-segregation clauses in their concert contracts for southern venues and owed a major part of their fame to a gay Jewish refugee concert promoter was politically conservative. Got it. That makes all kinds of sense.

Does "LUKE" think Duane Allman was campaigning for Nixon? That is what it sounds like...

Oh yeah... Remember when his band later actually campaigned for Jimmy Carter and Obama? I am not saying you can't be an ABB fan and a right-winger, but to think that anything about the band was right-wing is just laughable.

Oh boy!Please take notes children.We have another gifted scholar here in our presence.His stellar insight is so much appreciated and welcomed.Carry on with the great knowledge you have learned and acquired only by what you've read.I for one would love to hear some of your one on one conversation's with folk from the inner circle,both passed and still living.Could you please see fit to extend that gift to some of us?We would be so grateful.Maybe SKYDOG-number man can chime in as well.
I am almost trembling as i type, from the anticipation and excitement .This WP forum is the end all be all real deal.

Posted : September 1, 2019 4:43 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Yes, but not everyday for 2 years because someone lost an election

"Whipping Post" - Got a point you want to make ... and remake endlessly?

This would be the place?.....Right?

I am Happy Hillary Lost and you pout because Trump won.

What's the difference?

Posted : September 1, 2019 4:46 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

I am Happy Hillary Lost and you pout because Trump won.

What's the difference?

One is current and relevant, and one isn’t, are you really that clueless?

Let's just say that regardless of relevance I will continue to be happy and you will carry on with whatever point you are trying to make...

Posted : September 1, 2019 5:31 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

"Whipping Post" - Got a point you want to make ... and remake endlessly?

This would be the place?.....Right?

Right, but my point was that the Brothers would be WAY above that.

---------------------

You knew them well?....Please share a story with us all!

Posted : September 1, 2019 5:32 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Absolutely not. Say whatever want. Here's the difference, You've made it personal.

Why do you think you deserve special protection from criticism, all while you insult whomever you want? You can sure dish it out, but as soon as it comes back to you, look what happens. You are the master of the victim and scapegoat game.

I criticize Politicians, their Parties and their Political views, if that bothers you to the point of making it personal...well that is your cross to bear and places your intellect and maturity in full view of others.

Good day to you Sir.

Posted : September 1, 2019 5:41 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Hey Brer, did you read the study produced by the Heritage Foundation?

it's not a long read, but remember that this is a study, not a proposal, on health care and it's future.
https://www.heritage.org/social-security/report/assuring-affordable-health-care-all-americans

Posted : September 1, 2019 8:21 am
adhill58
(@adhill58)
Reputable Member

Oh boy!Please take notes children.We have another gifted scholar here in our presence.His stellar insight is so much appreciated and welcomed.Carry on with the great knowledge you have learned and acquired only by what you've read.I for one would love to hear some of your one on one conversation's with folk from the inner circle,both passed and still living.Could you please see fit to extend that gift to some of us?We would be so grateful.Maybe SKYDOG-number man can chime in as well.
I am almost trembling as i type, from the anticipation and excitement .This WP forum is the end all be all real deal.

Oh right, you have talked to Dickey Betts... Nobody on here has forgotten that because being a groupie / stalker is the main point of most of your posts on this forum ever. You can quit talking about it now, and twenty years from now everyone will still refer to you as that guy who had to fit a reference to actually meeting somebody with the band into nearly every post. Nobody cares. It means nothing.

Implying that a musician that has been dead for nearly fifty years, that you never met, would "smack" someone because of your dislike of their political views is beyond senseless. Also, calling people "boy" or "son" or "junior' or "children" does not give your posts the authoritative punch that you believe it does. It kind of does the opposite.

The ABB raised money for Carter and Obama. You don't have to be a "scholar" to know that. How does that square with your right-wing jibberish?

Posted : September 1, 2019 8:44 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Do you see how stupid you sound now?

Mmmmmmm. No, I do not.

Posted : September 1, 2019 6:15 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Oh right, you have talked to Dickey Betts... Nobody on here has forgotten that because being a groupie / stalker is the main point of most of your posts on this forum ever. You can quit talking about it now, and twenty years from now everyone will still refer to you as that guy who had to fit a reference to actually meeting somebody with the band into nearly every post. Nobody cares. It means nothing.

Implying that a musician that has been dead for nearly fifty years, that you never met, would "smack" someone because of your dislike of their political views is beyond senseless. Also, calling people "boy" or "son" or "junior' or "children" does not give your posts the authoritative punch that you believe it does. It kind of does the opposite.

The ABB raised money for Carter and Obama. You don't have to be a "scholar" to know that. How does that square with your right-wing jibberish?

Oh boy!The king of quote copy and paste is still alive and well i see.I assume from your recent post you also have obtained a degree in mind study and behavior.I mean man you are one top shelf cat!Thanks for pointing out my groupie trait's to me.I was never really aware i had such outstanding merit's.Guess cause i use to go over to Red Dog's in Tampa before he moved to Macon,hang out and shoot the sh*t,i am a full pledged groupie and stalker. And oh my gosh,we've even crashed at Payne's crib,got drunk & rattled the neighborhood with Long John Baldry's King of Rock n Roll Boogie Woogie,and went to Hank Sr's grave.Yeah your spot on Mr.Big Shot!All of what you just said really knocked me down to size.I am just a very square,right wing wanna be scholar, spewing chin dribble groupie/stalker jibber.From now on i will look,read and listen to your most holy of holy insightful post with great reverence and respect.Thank you once again oh great one,for tellin it just like it really is.You are one spiffey cat!

Posted : September 1, 2019 7:11 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Oh boy!The king of quote copy and paste is still alive and well i see.I assume from your recent post you also have obtained a degree in mind study and behavior.I mean man you are one top shelf cat!Thanks for pointing out my groupie trait's to me.I was never really aware i had such outstanding merit's.Guess cause i use to go over to Red Dog's in Tampa before he moved to Macon,hang out and shoot the sh*t,i am a full pledged groupie and stalker. And oh my gosh,we've even crashed at Payne's crib,got drunk & rattled the neighborhood with Long John Baldry's King of Rock n Roll Boogie Woogie,and went to Hank Sr's grave.Yeah your spot on Mr.Big Shot!All of what you just said really knocked me down to size.I am just a very square,right wing wanna be scholar, spewing chin dribble groupie/stalker jibber.From now on i will look,read and listen to your most holy of holy insightful post with great reverence and respect.Thank you once again oh great one,for tellin it just like it really is.You are one spiffey cat!

Posted : September 1, 2019 7:17 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

More pathetic name dropping trying to impress us.

YAWN

Posted : September 2, 2019 6:57 am
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

More pathetic name dropping trying to impress us.

YAWN

And the GURU has surfaced with his enlightened take.Thank you so very much for sharing your great wisdom with all.Pathetic impression's!I have logged this into my journal for referral to in time's of needed comfort and guidance.Your a true gem Ron.

Posted : September 2, 2019 12:15 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: