Things you hate

16 Posts
7 Users
5 Likes
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OK, so I could go on and on about this, but for the first post I am just going to say I hate that people buy things worn out, or "distressed".  Jeans with holes in them...a coffee table made to look old?  Yup.  No.  Not me.  You show up wearing jeans with holes in them you are going to get it from me...those holes better be earned.

Posted : February 16, 2021 11:53 pm
(@2112)
Famed Member

1. People who comment on a news article on social media who haven't read the article. 

2. Regulators who put a short, almost impossible to meet deadline to complete a large complicated project, and then takes months to review the report.

3. Clients who expect you to drop everything to work on their project, and then take months to pay their bill.

4. The fact that they don't put cd players in new cars anymore.

Posted : February 17, 2021 1:59 am
nebish reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Running into roped off trails after the ski report has said “great conditions, everything open!”

the state of pitching in MLB - mathematics, not athletics - starters 5-6 IP max, relievers no more than 10 pitches, 4-6 pitchers used every game - & the injuries they always have

This post was modified 3 years ago by Stephen

Posted : February 17, 2021 8:55 am
nebish reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Clansmen

Nazis

Supremacists

Covid

Hazelnut flavored coffee ... hazelnut flavored anything!

Posted : February 17, 2021 10:48 am
nebish reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Calling Sirius XM customer service for anything.

Posted : February 17, 2021 11:24 am
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

Calling customer service of any company. If you deviate from the script the reps have, they just repeat the last thing they said until you hang up.

Texts after midnight.

Too much stuff. If you're not using it, donate or toss it.

Kindle books - For recreational reading, I want to hold a book in my hand & turn pages, not scroll through poorly formatted text.

Pools that are only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day even if the temperature is 80 in April through October.

TikTok

Posted : February 17, 2021 1:32 pm
nebish reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I hate chipping ice off driveways for two straight days. 

Posted : February 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Thin toilet paper.

Posted : February 17, 2021 4:27 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

@rusty

The anti-thin tp commercials w/the bear family. I don't even know what the brand is; just hate the commercial.

Posted : February 17, 2021 4:52 pm
Rusty reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Getting a birthday/Christmas/anniversary/etc card that is made in China.  First thing I look at when buying a card is the back to see where it is made before reading the front or inside.  I hate it when people don't give me the courtesy of doing the same because if they are buying me a card they should know it matters.

Posted : February 18, 2021 12:18 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@nebish  Well, they say that it's the thought that counts.  😉  Maybe they are taking a jab at ya?  For the Trump supporters on my Christmas gift list, I make donations in their names to Black Lives Matter, NAACP and the MacArthur Foundation.  Trust me when I tell you that it sparks a lot of joy in them.  It really makes their day!    

Posted : February 18, 2021 10:32 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Threads about things I hate. Wink  

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : February 18, 2021 12:22 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @rusty

@nebish  Well, they say that it's the thought that counts.  😉  Maybe they are taking a jab at ya? 

No...it's always the same response...'I had no idea to look'

Posted by: @oldcoot

Threads about things I hate. Wink  

Glad I found what it is then! 

Posted : February 18, 2021 12:59 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

People who don't take shoes off in your house.

There are houses that shoes and boots on are ok, the owner will tell you that.

Then there are homes where it is not ok, and I especially hate it when the people in your house know it is not ok but do it anyway. 

I say 'watch where you are walking I don't want to step in a dirty wet puddle your shoe left' Or I just make eye contact then immediately look down at the shoes.

People.

Posted : February 18, 2021 10:40 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

IPA's ... Grinning  

Posted : February 19, 2021 12:38 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @nebish

Calling Sirius XM customer service for anything.

Tonight I hate their website too. 

They tell you this: " Remember, you can change or cancel at any time. "

And then tonight when I want to do that, they tell me this: "Chat is now closed. Please come back between 8am-11pm EST to chat to cancel."

I want to avoid calling that company with every fiber in my body.  Will try to chat tomorrow.  I'm sure it will be awful.

Posted : February 24, 2021 1:11 am
Share: