Strange smells you like

11 Posts
8 Users
2 Likes
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I like the smell of some odd things.  Like Bandaids.  The first drag off a cigarette (I don't smoke).  Chevron Delo and Ultraduty grease.  Gasoline and racing fuel. I remember when I used to buy cassettes, when I unwrapped them and opened the case some of them would have a certain smell that I liked. 

Posted : February 18, 2021 12:28 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Define, "strange".

Posted : February 18, 2021 10:36 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @rusty

Define, "strange".

You can define it any way you like... Smile

Posted : February 18, 2021 12:56 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Since I lost my sense of taste and smell around Halloween and haven't gotten it back yet, I would say anything ..... 

Posted : February 18, 2021 12:59 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
IF
 IF
(@if)
Reputable Member

Back in the day (elementary school) copies made from a mimeograph machine

Posted : February 18, 2021 4:49 pm
Brendan
(@brendan)
Reputable Member

Horse Sh!t

The NYC Subway

Posted : February 21, 2021 11:19 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Posted by: @brendan

Horse Sh!t

The NYC Subway

New Orleans - French Quarter/Bourbon St. ... the smell of USED beer.  😉  If I was kidnapped from anywhere - knocked unconscious -then released BLINDFOLDED in the Quarter- I'd know exactly where I was! 

Posted : February 21, 2021 11:24 am
Bill_Graham reacted
NYCScammer
(@nycscammer)
Eminent Member

I have always enjoyed the smells of the mud banks by my house during low tide. A life on, in, and around the Bays and Atlantic keep me grounded and satisfied. The smell of freshly caught saltwater fish, and strangely a Lightning Storm on the water are other great smells.

Be safe.

This post was modified 3 years ago by NYCScammer

Posted : February 22, 2021 7:32 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @brendan

Horse Sh!t

The NYC Subway

Actually...there is a certain smell of the subway, I've only rode the subway on my NYC Beacon trips, but I can remember that smell and I can of like it too.  Not in the cars, but just in the stations, sometimes I recall smelling it on the sidewalk near the grate.

Posted : February 22, 2021 9:57 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @sang

Since I lost my sense of taste and smell around Halloween and haven't gotten it back yet, I would say anything ..... 

Wow, you haven't been able to taste in months?!?! I would suggest eating all kinds of healthy food that you hate. 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : February 23, 2021 7:21 am
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

Posted by: @nycscammer

I have always enjoyed the smells of the mud banks by my house during low tide. A life on, in, and around the Bays and Atlantic keep me grounded and satisfied. The smell of freshly caught saltwater fish, and strangely a Lightning Storm on the water are other great smells.

Be safe.

Agree. Grew up on LI. Love the briney seaweed smell

Posted : February 23, 2021 7:53 am
Share: