22 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
OriginalGoober
(@originalgoober)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Let the Trump Derrangement Syndrome games begin:

Dem introduces bills to eliminate Electoral College, stop presidents from pardoning themselves

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/423810-dem-introduces-bills-to-eliminate-electoral-college-stop-presidents-from

Posted : January 4, 2019 5:46 pm
(@2112)
Famed Member

So you think a president should be able to pardon himself/herself?

Posted : January 4, 2019 6:25 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

I thought one of the things against Trump is he never pardons himself when he should? 😉

BigV just had a thread on the Electoral College and somebody was like "why are we talking about this, where does this come from" and here we have legislation introduced on it. BigV must be on Cohen's (D-Tenn) email list and got a tip early!

One possible outcome if we eliminated the electoral college would be opening a door for independents to reach the Presidency. That would be a big deal and would really have me thinking about this. Ross Perot won 20% of the popular vote and got zero electoral votes. That is WRONG! I still worry about metropolitan centers having an overweight of influence in a pure popular vote system. I'm not saying metro views and values are bad and I'm not saying rural views and values are good, I'm saying there should be an opportunity for everyone in the country to have a deciding say in the outcome rather than it being decided in most cases by big cities that outnumber some states. I think some change to the system is needed, but I'm not 100% sure what that change should look like.

Posted : January 6, 2019 6:54 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/05/connecticut-joins-effort-to-overturn-electoral-college.html

States are moving forward on their own to overturn the electoral college as noted above. Momentum is building for passage of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact as more and more states join in the effort.

Regarding the Presidential pardon issue, personally I believe the founding fathers never meant for a president to have the power to pardon himself or herself. Especially given their distrust of a monarchy and desire to avoid too much power being given to one person or branch of the government.

[Edited on 1/6/2019 by Chain]

Posted : January 6, 2019 8:55 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

The left could not win the election based on the law so their reaction: change the law.
They want only CA & NY to decide for the entire nation who will be president.
Ain’t going happen kids.

Does anyone think the one political ideology can get 2/3 of the States to agree with them?
No way.

The left could always try nominating a candidate that is not corrupt, a criminal and a habitual liar.

Posted : January 6, 2019 9:39 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

The left could always try nominating a candidate that is not corrupt, a criminal and a habitual liar.

There's some comedy gold right there............. 😛

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:06 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

True.
We are still laughing at Hillary.

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:35 am
(@2112)
Famed Member

True.

We would laugh at good old Honest Don, but most people don't find corruption all that funny.

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:40 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

True.

We would laugh at good old Honest Don, but most people don't find corruption all that funny.

You lefties supported the corrupt Hillary.
No corruption by President Trump has ever been proven.

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:44 am
(@2112)
Famed Member

True.

The Trump Foundation and Trump University say otherwise.

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:46 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

True.

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:00 am
(@2112)
Famed Member

True.

LOL - Yeah, the state shut them down because they were fine, upstanding instatutions. Wake up!

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:08 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Well, if Trump's bellyaching in former tweets is any indication at least you disagreed with Trump at one point not too long ago. Or did you agree with his whining about the Electoral College back then? Of course when the Electoral College worked in his favor he changed his mind, whereupon you of course changed your mind. I am sure if the Electoral College goes against him he will revert to claiming it is a fraud, and so will you. Hive mind.

"The loser one." good lord.

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:08 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

True.

LOL - Yeah, the state shut them down because they were fine, upstanding instatutions. Wake up!

Corruption was never charged in either case.

BYW - the correct spelling is "institutions".

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:23 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Good proofreading work there, eagle-eye! You should get a job correcting Trump's anti-electoral college tweets.

"The loser one." LOL. Make a great bumpersticker.

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:41 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

Good proofreading work there, eagle-eye! You should get a job correcting Trump's anti-electoral college tweets.

"The loser one." LOL. Make a great bumpersticker.

That's cute.
Donald Trump is President.

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:42 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

That's cute.

Electoral College elect Obama. Electoral College bad.

Electoral College elect Trump. Electoral College good.

DUH.

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:54 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

That's cute.

DUH.

Grin Cool 😛

One thing I'll give Bot Boy Mule is that eventually he'll provide the very comedy we occasionally need to lighten the mood...That's actually a compliment to you Mule. As much as it pains me to say it, you often make me laugh out loud.

And good one BreRabbit....Thanks for making me laugh

Posted : January 6, 2019 12:05 pm
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

That's cute.

DUH.

Grin Cool 😛

One thing I'll give Bot Boy Mule is that eventually he'll provide the very comedy we occasionally need to lighten the mood...That's actually a compliment to you Mule. As much as it pains me to say it, you often make me laugh out loud.

And good one BreRabbit....Thanks for making me laugh

The lefties do need some humor.
Maybe it will stop them from crying over the 2016 election results.

Posted : January 6, 2019 12:34 pm
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

Muleman, what do you think of Trump himself saying that we should do away with the Electoral College in his tweets from 2012?

Posted : January 6, 2019 6:36 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

Muleman, what do you think of Trump himself saying that we should do away with the Electoral College in his tweets from 2012?

He won't give an actual answer, he's incapable.

Posted : January 6, 2019 6:58 pm
BoytonBrother
(@boytonbrother)

Let the Trump Derrangement Syndrome games begin:

How is this different from your behavior about Hillary? Try to answer - I bet you can’t.

Dem introduces bills to eliminate Electoral College, stop presidents from pardoning themselves

This is what you call deranged? LOL!!! How sensitive. Be careful....imagine a Beto, or an Alexandra, or Elizabeth Warren being free to commit crimes while President, and granting themselves pardons. You sure it’s “deranged”?

Posted : January 7, 2019 6:43 am
Share: