The Allman Brothers Band
No outrage that Tru...

Notifications
Clear all

No outrage that Trump KNEW about Covid & downplayed it deliberately?

105 Posts
16 Users
28 Likes
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stormyrider

The notion that a vaccine is being delayed by the Dems is ridiculous. Try as he might, Trump can't speed the process up. 

There is a process that all drugs and vaccines go through. It takes time. We are talking about injecting millions of healthy people with something that may not work or may be dangerous. WE better be as sure as we can be that this is safe and works before administering millions of doses. That is a high bar to cross. 

Big Pharma has nothing to gain by delaying a vaccine. They make money selling things, not delaying things. 

Since when do the Dems have a relation with Big Pharma? The US is the only country that can't negotiate national drug prices (would apply to Medicare). The fact that we don't benefits Big Pharma. The possibility of Medicare negotiating the best prices with Pharma, and lowering cost of drugs, was blocked by the GOP. 

Great post.

Lot of good info. Thanks for keeping it real!

Trump has done all he can to amp the pubic on expectations with unreal expectations on a timeline - a timeline that he thinks will get him more votes. The votes are more important to him than the vaccine. Who here thinks he really cares about the health of the American public? If so, the entire Covid response would have been nationalized and much more done earlier on. If so, why didn't he come up with a replacement for Obamacare as he promised instead of trying to dismantle it & deprive Americans of health care coverage? Again, he doesn't care.

Posted : September 21, 2020 4:22 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@bigv

Thanks, but no. There are 5 of us. We're waiting to vote in person before departing. I'd planned to retire in Spain anyway, so this isn't awful.

Posted : September 21, 2020 6:46 pm
BIGV reacted
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@stormyrider

That was my point in starting the thread. Had Trump using his exec powers to start the LONG process of developing a vaccine as well as virus testing, 1) he would've looked like he had a handle on things which he loves and 2) the American public wouldn't have been scrambling for information, governors scrambling for supplies, & Trump himself getting the blame.

The LAST thing anyone wants is a vaccine that later turns out to be unsafe, inappropriate for certain populations, or side effects that don't appear for some time.

It's not a political process; it's a medical process.

Posted : September 21, 2020 6:53 pm
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

Posted by: @cyclone88

@stormyrider

That was my point in starting the thread. Had Trump using his exec powers to start the LONG process of developing a vaccine as well as virus testing, 1) he would've looked like he had a handle on things which he loves and 2) the American public wouldn't have been scrambling for information, governors scrambling for supplies, & Trump himself getting the blame.

The LAST thing anyone wants is a vaccine that later turns out to be unsafe, inappropriate for certain populations, or side effects that don't appear for some time.

It's not a political process; it's a medical process.

The craziest part is him claiming he didn't want to cause a panic...So what do you call it when the American public buys up all the toilet paper and crunchy peanut butter....I still can't find crunchy Jif...

The whole deal is so politicized most of us will always have questions about a vaccine. Especially if it comes out before 11/3 

Posted : September 21, 2020 11:33 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @goldtop

The craziest part is him claiming he didn't want to cause a panic...So what do you call it when the American public buys up all the toilet paper and crunchy peanut butter....I still can't find crunchy Jif...

A phony defense considering his campaign is based on false fear-mongering.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 22, 2020 9:25 am
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @goldtop

The whole deal is so politicized most of us will always have questions about a vaccine. Especially if it comes out before 11/3 

Trump isn't a strategic thinker. This proves if he can't lie, fire, or bribe his way out of a dilemma, he's paralyzed & goes into his "positive thinking" mode of "it will go away." This contradicts his belief that he's king; kings & even presidents can command that vaccines, testing, & treatment research be started, equipment built & deployed, and caution be taken so as not to spread the disease. Makes me wonder what that Task Force was doing all those months - tutoring him so he didn't sound imbecilic? Making the colorful charts he liked?

@goldtop, it DOES make any vaccine suspect. There has been so much contradiction, degrading, & staff changes internally that we don't know who is the ultimate medical authority in the country. The FDA? CDC? Surgeon General? Task force? Our best hope is that some sane, functioning country will develop a vaccine that works that can be imported.

I can't find clorox wipes promised for August.

Posted : September 22, 2020 9:48 am
goldtop reacted
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

agreed

Good leadership would have been something like - this is gonna be bad, but if we are careful we can get through it with minimal damage. Lets face this heads on together and do our best, but be prepared for tough times.

Honesty.

Regardless of political ideology, we should demand honesty. Sometimes there are honest differences of opinion, and that's OK. This guy repeatedly fabricates, lies, and deceives. 

Posted : September 22, 2020 11:00 am
goldtop and cyclone88 reacted
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

agreed

Good leadership would have been something like - this is gonna be bad, but if we are careful we can get through it with minimal damage. Lets face this heads on together and do our best, but be prepared for tough times.

Honesty.

Regardless of political ideology, we should demand honesty. Sometimes there are honest differences of opinion, and that's OK. This guy repeatedly fabricates, lies, and deceives. 

Another good post, stormy.

You are in agreement with Melania at the RNC a few weeks back. She stated the below. Since she should know that her husband lies daily or even multiple times daily, she must have had Biden in mind when she made her statement. 

"Total honesty is what we, as citizens, deserve from our president. 

Posted : September 22, 2020 1:15 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

^^

lol, I remember thinking the same thing

Posted : September 22, 2020 1:44 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @martind28

This guy repeatedly fabricates, lies, and deceives. 

Is this post all of a sudden about a career Politician who has been in involved in the U.S. Senate for 36 years (Joe Biden) and is an admitted plagiarist? He's been accused of sexual assault and a simple on line search will show dozens of women & children backing away as this old man tries to smell their hair and rub their shoulders...People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.

Posted : September 22, 2020 3:29 pm
Brendan
(@brendan)
Reputable Member

@bigv

Thanks, but no. There are 5 of us. We're waiting to vote in person before departing. I'd planned to retire in Spain anyway, so this isn't awful.

San Sebastián is my number one choice. 

Posted : September 22, 2020 8:30 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@brendan

Good choice & close to Santander. I'm headed to the west coast of Mallorca.

Posted : September 23, 2020 9:24 am
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

@brendan

Good choice & close to Santander. I'm headed to the west coast of Mallorca.

Julian Bream Mallorca

Posted : September 23, 2020 12:03 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Here in NY once people started getting sick, really sick, we knew regardless of what everyone else thought or were told.  Should we have been told from the get-go how serious it was?  Yes I think so.  Much was hidden, including the millions that were appropriated for the research in this country by Congressional members from Obama's administration until the virus was sufficiently strong enough more research could not legally be done here, so the researcher took her research and samples to Wuhan to continue.  

My impression is it was a bioweapon.  When we were not getting straight talk from the govt.  I went to the scientists and Doctors which I still read today, those on the front lines.  [ie: on twitter Emcrit, which is Doctors from Stony Brook Medicine, etc.]

When the flu comes and Covid is also still around, it will be very bad.  Best advice is to continue wearing your masks for your own safety, wash hands, limit contact with others as much as possible.

Posted : September 30, 2020 4:01 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

So now we know  - thanks to the docs at Walter Reade - that Trump knew Hicks was positive & that he was MUCH earlier than he admitted. Once again, putting himself first, he attended 3 events exposing everyone to his virus. That's unconscionable, especially since so many GOPers, including 3 senators, have tested positive.

It's possible that he could've been symptomatic before the debate but nothing was going to keep him away from that.

Posted : October 3, 2020 6:28 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: