The Allman Brothers Band
No outrage that Tru...

Notifications
Clear all

No outrage that Trump KNEW about Covid & downplayed it deliberately?

105 Posts
16 Users
28 Likes
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv In no way did her statement come off as literal, you'd have to be dumb as a box of rocks or obtuse to take it that way - which are you? AOC clarified this herself:

"This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she tweeted. “Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal. But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.

Obviously no one can quantify "12 years", but that doesn't disprove climate change and everything else that she said. You can zero in on the arbitrary number she gave to make a point, but you fail to come up with evidence to contradict the quantifiable proof that the world is heating up. You're deflecting here, another accusation you make that is revealingly self-descriptive.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 17, 2020 11:30 am
(@2112)
Famed Member

Ah yes, funny how Big V is trying to get you to defend AOC for saying something, but ignores Trump saying Coronavirus would be gone by April.

Big V likes to claim Biden has declined mentally while Trump is blaming Biden, who does not hold any office, for not instituting mask mandates. 

Yeah, herd mentality is alive any well. Ignore Trump and project his weakness onto somebody else.

Trump ccouldn't answer the most basic of questions during the town hall, questions he should have been prepared for, and he is trying to say he was set up. Truly, how anyone can vote for that guy is beyond me.

Posted : September 17, 2020 11:35 am
PorkchopBob reacted
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @2112

Ah yes, funny how Big V is trying to get you to defend AOC for saying something, but ignores Trump saying Coronavirus would be gone by April.

Big V likes to claim Biden has declined mentally while Trump is blaming Biden, who does not hold any office, for not instituting mask mandates. 

Yeah, herd mentality is alive any well. Ignore Trump and project his weakness onto somebody else.

Trump ccouldn't answer the most basic of questions during the town hall, questions he should have been prepared for, and he is trying to say he was set up. Truly, how anyone can vote for that guy is beyond me.

In the George S town hall, several of those asking questions to Trump stood up to him, told him not to interrupt or qustsioned him deeper on his deflections or non answers. Even George pinned him down on Trump's attempts to eliminate Affordable Care Act & provisions after Trump once again lied on national TV and denied it. Trump was weak in this town hall, and it showed he was not at home base, FOX. With no debate prep and winging it, his upcoming debate answers will be predictably laced with more non answers and lies. He will do well trolling JB though. Then he will will scream "liberal media went after him".

Posted : September 17, 2020 11:53 am
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

@bigv In no way did her statement come off as literal, you'd have to be dumb as a box of rocks or obtuse to take it that way - which are you? AOC clarified this herself:

"This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she tweeted. “Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal. But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.

Obviously no one can quantify "12 years", but that doesn't disprove climate change and everything else that she said. You can zero in on the arbitrary number she gave to make a point, but you fail to come up with evidence to contradict the quantifiable proof that the world is heating up. You're deflecting here, another accusation you make that is revealingly self-descriptive.

BIGV hasn't figure out that climate and weather are two different things....much like *tRump they think it's the same. 

AOC is so far off my radar. But I will say I find it amazing that people defend disgusting idiots but are afraid of someone that actually GAS about people and the world.

Posted : September 17, 2020 12:28 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@bigv News flash:  Politicians ain't scientists - period.  When it comes to Covid, I wish they' all shut their pie holes and let the science and medical communities handle this.  

Posted : September 17, 2020 1:47 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @rusty

@bigv News flash:  Politicians ain't scientists - period.  When it comes to Covid, I wish they' all shut their pie holes and let the science and medical communities handle this.  

And unless someone on this site has a degree (preferably advanced degrees) or a background in science, then criticisms come down to no more than ideology.

Posted : September 17, 2020 2:05 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@martind28

And another thread goes off the rails. My original point was that although Trump is a reflexive liar, I was surprised that he took no steps behind the scenes to makes sure the US had ample equipment & was working 24/7 on developing a vaccine or even treatment so he'd look like a hero when Covid was exposed as being real. Cases avoided & lives saved aside, there wouldn't have been months of him taking a beating for no vents, PPE, or medical research. He usually likes to get praise which he could've easily had if he'd gotten off his ass & done something.

As to your point, Stormyrider is a physician so I tend to rely on his statements about medical/scientific facts. There are probably more lurking around if they made it over to the new site.

Posted : September 17, 2020 4:17 pm
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

Posted by: @cyclone88

@martind28

And another thread goes off the rails. My original point was that although Trump is a reflexive liar, I was surprised that he took no steps behind the scenes to makes sure the US had ample equipment & was working 24/7 on developing a vaccine or even treatment so he'd look like a hero when Covid was exposed as being real. Cases avoided & lives saved aside, there wouldn't have been months of him taking a beating for no vents, PPE, or medical research. He usually likes to get praise which he could've easily had if he'd gotten off his ass & done something.

As to your point, Stormyrider is a physician so I tend to rely on his statements about medical/scientific facts. There are probably more lurking around if they made it over to the new site.

Sorry @Cyclone88....I think *tRumps lying covers so many topics that it just flows from lie to lie. 

Posted : September 17, 2020 5:15 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@goldtop why discuss Trump's inaction when one of the 535 members of Congress used hyperbole?!

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 17, 2020 5:26 pm
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

@goldtop why discuss Trump's inaction when one of the 535 members of Congress used hyperbole?!

I don't quite follow PCBob. His inaction with the knowledge he had to me is beyond how low I thought our country could go. 

Posted : September 17, 2020 5:32 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@goldtop woops, didn't mean to direct that at you, I was making light of the thread going off the rails since someone brought up AOC...

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 17, 2020 5:34 pm
goldtop reacted
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

@goldtop woops, didn't mean to direct that at you, I was making light of the thread going off the rails since someone brought up AOC...

The frightened village anti-dem knows how to run things off the rail...all the while displaying he's locked into some ideology that doesn't exist anywhere but his blinded perspective. Like *tRump he's an armchair expert who poopoo's experts because like *tRump he's unaware that other aren't guided by the same warped vision of the world they've created for themselves. 

Posted : September 17, 2020 5:50 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@ “Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal.

Well, she sure said it with a lot of passion, calling it "Our WW2".....Get called out on that and then,....refer to it as something it is not.

Do all politicians get this mulligan?

Posted : September 17, 2020 9:38 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @martind28
Posted by: @rusty

And unless someone on this site has a degree (preferably advanced degrees) or a background in science, then criticisms come down to no more than ideology.

So, is ALL science absolute?...or just the "science" that someone with the brain of a sea sponge might infer as a means to make a point?

Posted : September 17, 2020 9:40 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @goldtop

AOC is so far off my radar. But I will say I find it amazing that people defend disgusting idiots but are afraid of someone that actually GAS about people and the world.

And why is AOC "So far off your radar"?...Interesting that a Bartender who speaks like a 13 year old is now an "Expert" who GAS about the world...Please

Posted : September 17, 2020 9:44 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv if you're going to take everything politicians say literally, you're going to hate this guy:

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/27/21238141/trump-sarcasm-noble-prizes-hamberger-twitter-meltdown

On Friday, as Trump was widely mocked for comments he made during a briefing the day before about the possibility that disinfectant injections could be a miracle cure for the coronavirus, he claimed he was just being “sarcastic” when he made them — even though video of the briefing showed beyond a shadow of doubt he was lying.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 18, 2020 8:59 am
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

Posted by: @bigv

And why is AOC "So far off your radar"?...Interesting that a Bartender who speaks like a 13 year old is now an "Expert" who GAS about the world...Please

So how do you feel about a president who's lies to you about the severity of a pandemic...Or who's been again accused of sexual assault. That his lawyer who went to jail for him is telling you he's unfit. That his niece is telling you he's unfit. That the person that took down Nixon is telling you he's worse.

How about we as a country can't travel because of his lies and lack of response.

AOC is off my radar because she's just one person...as far as being an "expert" in caring(Oh brother!!)....it takes something you obviously lack. compassion and empathy for others. You lack the ability to see the world through the eyes of those in trouble or suffering. 

So how do you feel about a president that lies to you everyday...Oh that's right you DGAS because all the vile things he does are right up your ally or you'd say other wise. As long as he serves you warped agenda its all good...

Posted : September 18, 2020 11:16 am
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv

a Bartender who speaks like a 13 year old

This is deflection via arbitrary attempt to discredit - disregard someone because they worked themselves through college rather than take out a loan? Also women have higher voices than men, she speaks more eloquently than you type. For a guy who uses frequently uses sarcasm here rather than make a point, it's pretty tone deaf of you to ignore her use of hyperbole.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 18, 2020 11:30 am
goldtop reacted
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@bigv if you're going to take everything politicians say literally

Or, I could follow your lead and just state that, "It was taken out of context"

Posted : September 18, 2020 7:30 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@bigv

a Bartender who speaks like a 13 year old

This is deflection via arbitrary attempt to discredit - disregard someone because they worked themselves through college rather than take out a loan? Also women have higher voices than men, she speaks more eloquently than you type. For a guy who uses frequently uses sarcasm here rather than make a point, it's pretty tone deaf of you to ignore her use of hyperbole.

You have got be kidding...watch that video again and tell anyone here that was not from her heart

Posted : September 18, 2020 7:33 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

So how do you feel about a president who's lies to you about the severity of a pandemic...Or who's been again accused of sexual assault. That his lawyer who went to jail for him is telling you he's unfit. That his niece is telling you he's unfit. That the person that took down Nixon is telling you he's worse.

How about we as a country can't travel because of his lies and lack of response.

AOC is off my radar because she's just one person...as far as being an "expert" in caring(Oh brother!!)....it takes something you obviously lack. compassion and empathy for others. You lack the ability to see the world through the eyes of those in trouble or suffering. 

So how do you feel about a president that lies to you everyday...Oh that's right you DGAS because all the vile things he does are right up your ally or you'd say other wise. As long as he serves you warped agenda its all good...

There you go!...Feel better?

Posted : September 18, 2020 7:34 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv if you're going to take everything politicians say literally

Or, I could follow your lead and just state that, "It was taken out of context"

If something is purposefully taken out of context or someone misunderstood the obvious intent, yes, it should absolutely be clarified for them. What here has been taken out of context?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 18, 2020 7:55 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

I am just sitting here getting a good chortle out of trying to make sense of your idea of logic. When Kamala Harris says, "Young people are stupid"...that is "Out of context"...When on numerous occasions, AOC states that the world "Is going to end in 12 years"..that is "Not to be taken literally"...and that it's just "Hyperbole".

You are a riot.

Posted : September 18, 2020 8:21 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

When Kamala Harris says, "Young people are stupid"...that is "Out of context"...When on numerous occasions, AOC states that the world "Is going to end in 12 years"..that is "Not to be taken literally"...and that it's just "Hyperbole".

Yes, just like I am assuming you don't think I am literally a riot? You claim ignorance of someone's action and then immediately did the exact same thing. That's called hypocrisy. Pretty quick way to discredit your own self.

If you insist on taking what those you disagree with say so literally in order to disregard their super obvious point, you're wasting a lot of time and energy being super ignorant. If you want to discuss issues and opinions, cool. If you want to be obtuse and actually believe Kamala Harris thinks young people are stupid, well then that's really, really dumb.

Anyways...back to the topic.

Former RNC Chair Michael Steele is also fed up with Trump perpetuating ignorance.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/michael-steele-trump-voters-im-with-stupid

“I’ve talked to enough of them over the last few days. I’m exhausted, I’m exasperated. You know, at this point, it’s like, save who you can save because there’s only so much you can do. There’s only so much you can say. The fact that we have to literally beg people to wear a mask to save their own dumb ass from getting sick, I’m sorry. To me, it is beyond the imagination.”  

Steele also complained about Trump contradicting his own CDC director, Dr. Robert Redfield, who earlier in the day said a possible coronavirus vaccine would not be available to the general public until the second or third quarter of next year, and urged Americans to wear a mask to stop the spread of the infection.

“The CDC director is telling us the truth and Donald Trump is literally lying to us,” Steele said. “And yet, 40 percent of the country looks at it and goes: ‘Yeah, I’m with stupid.’”

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 18, 2020 8:47 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

]

If you want to be obtuse and actually believe Kamala Harris thinks young people are stupid, well then that's really, really dumb.

Yes I do think she believes that. Just like I believe AOC really thinks we have just 12 years left.

These are just a sample of some of the things the ridiculous newly crowned leaders of the Democratic party stand for.

And just like before, you are entitled to your opinion and I could not disagree more. 

Posted : September 19, 2020 12:00 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Is a corona vaccine being politicized?  

Current POTUS says that a vaccine is ready to go "tomorrow" - his opponent says, no way!  I'm not a Mensa candidate, but it seems that one of 'em must be wrong.

Trump, Pence and their inner-circles parade nonchalantly without a mask.  Yes, I am suspicious, paranoid, jaded and anything else you can be in all of this - but I suspect that these folks might have already taken a vaccine.

I've heard many a person ponder, "this thing'll end as soon as the election is over".  

Suppose Biden wins ... how long will he have to wait before giving the vaccine his blessing without it appearing that the Democrats leveraged their better relations with "Big Pharma" to get them to postpone any such release?  Biden's  (and his party's) first major scandal will likely be that they obstructed a release of the vaccine.  If it turns out that the vaccine that does get released is the same that has been sitting on a shelf ... well, that ain't gonna go down very well.

I have found one thing to be rather humorous:  The President trying to direct (even boss) "Big Pharma" into doing his will.  I'm imagining that the CEO's and chiefs at the big pharmaceutical companies are sitting around the table laughing at Mr. Trump ... while how many more people(?) succumb to the virus as they  - as WE ALL wait for the vaccine.

Is a corona vaccine being politicized?  

Posted : September 21, 2020 1:14 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@rusty COVID-19 is an international situation. Trump is dangling a USA election-timed vaccine like a carrot, it's an arbitrary timeline since labs around the world are trying to develop one.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 21, 2020 1:57 pm
Rusty, cyclone88 and goldtop reacted
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@porkchopbob

I don't know how we got to climate change from Trump knowingly, deliberately, & intentionally putting Americans at risk by doing nothing to prevent or slow Covid19 when his buddy Xi told him about the dangers twice. Who cares what any single member of Congres thinks/says? We have an elected POTUS who is supposedly the leader of the country & instead of providing national security, he just said "come & get us." I find that far more horrifying than anything anyone else in the country could've said/done.

BTW, as I was looking for places outside the US to live, I discovered that only Malta seems to be willing to take us. Even places like Rwanda won't let Americans in. Did anyone here ever think that Americans would become pariahs of the world? Many of us grew up in times when we were taught the US was the greatest country on earth & other countries looked to us for leadership & support. We are down the rabbit hole.

Posted : September 21, 2020 2:12 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @cyclone88

BTW, as I was looking for places outside the US to live, I discovered that only Malta seems to be willing to take us. 

Do you need a ride to the Airport? 

Posted : September 21, 2020 2:58 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

The notion that a vaccine is being delayed by the Dems is ridiculous. Try as he might, Trump can't speed the process up. 

There is a process that all drugs and vaccines go through. It takes time. We are talking about injecting millions of healthy people with something that may not work or may be dangerous. WE better be as sure as we can be that this is safe and works before administering millions of doses. That is a high bar to cross. 

Big Pharma has nothing to gain by delaying a vaccine. They make money selling things, not delaying things. 

Since when do the Dems have a relation with Big Pharma? The US is the only country that can't negotiate national drug prices (would apply to Medicare). The fact that we don't benefits Big Pharma. The possibility of Medicare negotiating the best prices with Pharma, and lowering cost of drugs, was blocked by the GOP. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by stormyrider

Posted : September 21, 2020 3:21 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: