The Allman Brothers Band
No outrage that Tru...

Notifications
Clear all

No outrage that Trump KNEW about Covid & downplayed it deliberately?

105 Posts
16 Users
28 Likes
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @brendan
Posted by: @porkchopbob

I just don't think it's surprising at this point. He publicly says it's not a big deal, his followers take that as evidence he (and they) don't need to do anything. Now we know he knew it was a big a threat ("worse than the flu") but he didn't want to create a panic. We all know he just didn't want to or didn't know how to deal with it so he left it up to Governors to figure out and washes his hands, all while continuing to down-play the threat. Those who see Trump as an unfit leader uninterested in keeping the public safe, this was pretty clear from the start. Those who see him as a folk-hero will somehow rationalize it and continue to sink their boats in his name.

This...^

Clearly so many people, including most Republicans in the Senate and the House, just don’t care. The outrageous has become the norm. 

So, half the people do not care and the other half is whining, your point?

Posted : September 14, 2020 4:40 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv the point is had Trump been forthright with the public, you wouldn't have been so confused about masks and not spent the summer whining about them in every thread.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 14, 2020 5:04 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

@bigv the point is had Trump been forthright with the public, you wouldn't have been so confused about masks and not spent the summer whining about them in every thread.

"had Trump been forthright"

He has been in office nearly 4 years & has lied 20,000 times. Why would you expect the emperor to suddenly become forthright? The threat of millions of cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths on his watch still has him distorting, downplaying, and lieing. I said it before - he cares about his reelection & the SP500. Everything else is way down the line. The audio quotes right out of his mouth to Bob W are astounding. And morons still believe in him as his actions and lack of actions are killing them off. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by MartinD28

Posted : September 14, 2020 5:43 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

Posted by: @martind28

"had Trump been forthright"

He has been in office nearly 4 years & has lied 20,000 times. Why would you expect the emperor to suddenly become forthright? The threat of millions of cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths on his watch still has him distorting, downplaying, and lieing. I said it before - he cares about his reelection & the SP500. Everything else is way down the line. The audio quotes right out of his mouth to Bob W are astounding. And morons still believe in him as his actions and lack of actions are killing them off. 

For some reason a lot of people have given up on believing the truth and look to *tRump for direction. Why? got me...I've known who *tRump is for 40+ years. He's the same raging a$$hole he was 40 years ago. The only thing that changed is he's now a enable raging a$$hole and it's given representation to other a$$holes to come out from under their rock and display how vile their personal thoughts are.

See before him there was actually shame but he has none and his followers now feel they don't have to feel shame. There will be many years after he is gone before our culture will turn around and decency and kindness will be nurtured. And the enabled a$$holes hes let loose are just fine with it. They revel in it. They roll in it like a dog rolls in shit and thinks he smells like a rose.

This post was modified 4 years ago by goldtop

Posted : September 14, 2020 5:56 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

(facetious/...sardonic/pokerfaced...?)

The color of the sky out west has ironically matched the image of the ‘Orange Oaf’ - the smoke choking entire states ruining air quality, same as what he’s belching/blathering - etc & so forth

(normal)

sure enough, fingers slowly being pointed at Repub administration for spread of wildfires 

will voters choose the cantankerous bully-pulpit (so to speak) plain speaking of Trump, or Joe’s smiling Ike/Reagan-esque image - what about the debates

....hopefully a minimum of controversy come Nov 3😑🙏 - ballot tabulations>inevitable recount will be different this year, ie mail-in voting vis a vis the federal slowdown at USPS, also covid-19, (alleged) computer glitches etc

(facetious, I guess)

finally, Bob Woodward’s new book could open a whole new can of worms for detestable devious deceitful despicable diabolical despotic dirty Donald

(normal)

Yagotta have a laugh w/this stuff sometime, a sense of humor whenever possible is key - just slinging the hash (to quote Keith Richards), plus I like alliteration🤩

Posted : September 14, 2020 8:40 pm
Brendan
(@brendan)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @bigv

I just don't think it's surprising at this point. He publicly says it's not a big deal, his followers take that as evidence he (and they) don't need to do anything. Now we know he knew it was a big a threat ("worse than the flu") but he didn't want to create a panic. We all know he just didn't want to or didn't know how to deal with it so he left it up to Governors to figure out and washes his hands, all while continuing to down-play the threat. Those who see Trump as an unfit leader uninterested in keeping the public safe, this was pretty clear from the start. Those who see him as a folk-hero will somehow rationalize it and continue to sink their boats in his name.

This...^

Clearly so many people, including most Republicans in the Senate and the House, just don’t care. The outrageous has become the norm. 

My point is simply that there is a certain portion of the American populace that don’t care that the President lies on a regular basis. In this case about something that could and has had adverse affects on the health and wellbeing of the citizens he’s sworn to protect. The other portion still values honesty and decency in elected officials. If that’s whining in your opinion, that’s your deal. 🤷‍♂️

Posted : September 14, 2020 8:45 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

This...^

My point is simply that there is a certain portion of the American populace that don’t care that the President lies on a regular basis. In this case about something that could and has had adverse affects on the health and wellbeing of the citizens he’s sworn to protect. The other portion still values honesty and decency in elected officials. If that’s whining in your opinion, that’s your deal. 🤷‍♂️

"honesty and decency in elected officials"...Is this some kind of joke?....Name a current one with a "spotless" record lacking in deceit of any kind....

Take your time

Posted : September 15, 2020 11:30 am
Brendan
(@brendan)
Reputable Member

@bigv

No one is spotless. Try defending Trump’s record when it comes to honesty.

Take your time

Posted : September 15, 2020 11:36 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@bigv

Take your time

Well, I am in no position to defend ANY politician. I am a Libertarian who will be voting for the President in November because the "Alternative" presented by the Democrats is just so sad. Does he lie?.. More than likely, yes. And to use your words from above, "No one is spotless"...You have your reasons for thinking Biden/Harris is deserved of your vote, that's cool, but ask yourself, "Is it of out disdain for Trump, or your belief that your two liars are better at their craft"? 

Posted : September 15, 2020 11:45 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv I think you're projecting. You've repeatedly refused to identify as a Trump supporter, but are against what you claim Democrats stand for. Sounds like a vote out of disdain to me.

Meanwhile, most Biden/Harris supporters I know are voting for him because they believe he is far more capable and trustworthy. It's not out of disdain. There's a big different between a politician stretching the truth and Trump's daily outright fabrication, that's not where the bar should be.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 15, 2020 11:56 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@bigv I think you're projecting. You've repeatedly refused to identify as a Trump supporter, but are against what you claim Democrats stand for. Sounds like a vote out of disdain to me.

Meanwhile, most Biden/Harris supporters I know are voting for him because they believe he is far more capable and trustworthy. It's not out of disdain. There's a big different between a politician stretching the truth and Trump's daily outright fabrication, that's not where the bar should be.

Give me a break, dude I am so sick of your self righteous "evaluations" of my opinions. Let me make this so clear that even you can understand. I do NOT believe in the pseudo-science of global warming. I do not believe that a "Green new deal" is any type of solution to what ever the left continues to conjure up as a planetary ill. I do not believe that more laws are ever the answer to anything. I do not believe more taxes are going to fix a country that is Trillions in debt. "Systemic racism" is just another P.C. term in the left's playbook to place the blame anywhere but where it truly belongs. I do not believe people who enter this country Illegally are privy to any financial, health, educational or voting privileges. I think "White privilege" is B.S. Do I believe in ECONOMIC privilege? Most certainly. Do I think I.D. should be required to vote? Yes I do. I could go on and on, but to what purpose?...The above are Democratic Party thought processes and I say NO as loudly as I can to them all.

Once again, give me a break and just look at this board. It's always the same cast of characters who consistently express their hatred of  President Trump here and criticize all who dare not march in step. What am I "Guilty" of?...Criticizing a political Party..

Quote: "There's a big difference between a politician stretching the truth and Trump's daily outright fabrication"..

Please. Who gets to make that distinction? "Stretching the truth" Yes or No... Does that action qualify as a lie?

Posted : September 15, 2020 12:49 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv No one is evaluating your opinions, you are the one who claimed support of Biden is a vote of "disdain". If you read through this board, it isn't empty criticism of Trump's actions and words, they are repeatedly specific. Trump's repeated fabrications are a matter of record and fact. If you want to ignore and rationalize that, fine. Defend your opinions, but don't whine when someone disagrees with you.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 15, 2020 12:59 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@bigv No one is evaluating your opinions, you are the one who claimed support of Biden is a vote of "disdain". If you read through this board, it isn't empty criticism of Trump's actions and words, they are repeatedly specific. Trump's repeated fabrications are a matter of record and fact. If you want to ignore and rationalize that, fine. Defend your opinions, but don't whine when someone disagrees with you.

"Whining"?...Please, you wouldn't recognize whining if it up and slapped you. You did not answer the question about your opinion concerning "stretching the truth"..that's OK , I am used to your propensity to deflect when cornered. You, of all people bring up "Rationalization"?...Haha. Once again, just look through these WP threads and count on one hand the number of people here who list Biden's views...while voicing their disdain for President Trump. The left has learned nothing from 2016 because that is exactly what it is, "Empty criticism"..or better yet, hatred.

Posted : September 15, 2020 1:27 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

You did not answer the question about your opinion concerning "stretching the truth"..that's OK , I am used to your propensity to deflect when cornered.

You ask many questions, and I specifically addressed this one. Seriously, stop taking it so personally when someone disagrees with you.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 15, 2020 1:42 pm
Brendan
(@brendan)
Reputable Member

@bigv

Take your time

Well, I am in no position to defend ANY politician. I am a Libertarian who will be voting for the President in November because the "Alternative" presented by the Democrats is just so sad. Does he lie?.. More than likely, yes. And to use your words from above, "No one is spotless"...You have your reasons for thinking Biden/Harris is deserved of your vote, that's cool, but ask yourself, "Is it of out disdain for Trump, or your belief that your two liars are better at their craft"? 

For me, neither of those really. Honesty and decency are top of the list for me.

Has Joe Biden or Kamala Harris ever lied? Sure probably. Have either of them had 20,000+ documented lies in 3.5 years? Not even close. 

I’ve never heard Biden refer to white supremacists as “very fine people”

I’ve never seen Biden mock a disabled person

I’ve never heard Biden refer to Latin American immigrants as “drug dealers, criminals and rapists”

I’ve never seen Biden side with a dictator over his own intelligence services

I’ve never heard of Biden repeatedly cheating on his wives and paying off the women with whom he had affairs

Donald Trump has done all of those things and I don’t find them befitting of someone holding the highest office in the world. 

I agree with Biden’s views on healthcare

I agree with Biden’s views on the environment 

I agree with Biden’s views on equality

I agree with Biden’s views on education

He has served his country and his constituents in the US Senate and as a 2 term Vice President of the United States, which I feel makes him more qualified for the office of the President. 

So there you have it Vince. My reasons. No hatred. ✌🏼

Posted : September 15, 2020 2:57 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

@bigv

Take your time

For me, neither of those really. Honesty and decency are top of the list for me.

Has Joe Biden or Kamala Harris ever lied? Sure probably. Have either of them had 20,000+ documented lies in 3.5 years? Not even close. 

I’ve never heard Biden refer to Latin American immigrants as “drug dealers, criminals and rapists”

I’ve never heard of Biden repeatedly cheating on his wives and paying off the women with whom he had affairs

Donald Trump has done all of those things and I don’t find them befitting of someone holding the highest office in the world. 

He has served his country and his constituents in the US Senate and as a 2 term Vice President of the United States, which I feel makes him more qualified for the office of the President. 

Word!!

Posted : September 15, 2020 5:14 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bigv

Take your time

Well put, and there's plenty more.

@bigv if you think this thread (and countless others) is "empty" criticism, then you either haven't read any of it or are making up your own narrative. Either way, you can't have a discussion if you're not going to listen to those who respectfully disagree with you.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 15, 2020 5:28 pm
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

@bigv

Do you have a college degree Vince. an AA BA BS Masters or PHD and if so in what did you achieve your degree in. 

Since you call science Pseudo I would assume you have an advanced degree in something to be able to call out PHD's on their research and call it fake. Or are you like my cousin who really has never achieved anything and as a part of that he doesn't believe experts because of course since he's never achieved anything nobody else has either... 

Posted : September 15, 2020 8:09 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @goldtop

@bigv

Do you have a college degree Vince. an AA BA BS Masters or PHD and if so in what did you achieve your degree in. 

Since you call science Pseudo I would assume you have an advanced degree in something to be able to call out PHD's on their research and call it fake. Or are you like my cousin who really has never achieved anything and as a part of that he doesn't believe experts because of course since he's never achieved anything nobody else has either... 

Yes I do.

And I do not refer to all science as pseudo, but Global warming is at the top of my list.

Posted : September 15, 2020 8:17 pm
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

@bigv Oh I get it, science is convenient...if it fits your narrative it's great but if it doesn't it's BS...

Posted : September 15, 2020 8:38 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Speaking of..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientific-american-endorses-joe-biden/

Scientific American has never endorsed a presidential candidate in its 175-year history. This year we are compelled to do so. We do not do this lightly.

The evidence and the science show that Donald Trump has badly damaged the U.S. and its people—because he rejects evidence and science.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 16, 2020 8:47 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

@bigv Oh I get it, science is convenient...if it fits your narrative it's great but if it doesn't it's BS...

Do weather patterns around the globe fluctuate and change naturally?...Is all of science able to be proved 100% of the time?...Does every scientist on this Planet agree that Global warming exists?....By contrast I'll wager 100% believe in gravity.

And if I were you, I would not let what I think bother you

Posted : September 16, 2020 11:21 am
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

Do weather patterns around the globe fluctuate and change naturally?...Is all of science able to be proved 100% of the time?...Does every scientist on this Planet agree that Global warming exists?....By contrast I'll wager 100% believe in gravity.

Well here's the first issue. Climate and weather are 2 different things. Weather doesn't effect climate but climate effects weather. The Climate of the earth has risen that is a fact. The green house effect is also real. If you don't believe it then start a wood fire in your fireplace and close the flew and all the windows and doors and tell me what happens. 

The earth like your home has a ceiling it's called the atmosphere and like your ceiling particles get trapped and that is what effecting the earths rise in temp and the amount of pollutants in the air that is effecting climate. More powerful weather situations happen due to that rise in the earth temp(The climate). 

You shouldn't worry about me bothering about what you think. We'd first have to assume you do...That stopped long ago. You just hang on to a blind ideology that if anything is based all on conspiracy....so with that you have zero cred my man. I'll just pass on any other comments because I know you need to be the EOM warrior...and of course it's all based on a difference of opinion...

Posted : September 17, 2020 12:00 am
PorkchopBob reacted
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

You just hang on to a blind ideology that if anything is based all on conspiracy....so with that you have zero cred my man. 

Thanks!...And you continue your worship of AOC and her theories about the Earth ending in 12 years.

Posted : September 17, 2020 12:05 am
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

You just hang on to a blind ideology that if anything is based all on conspiracy....so with that you have zero cred my man. 

Thanks!...And you continue your worship of AOC and her theories about the Earth ending in 12 years.

Again you stand on top of ignorant mountain and scream madness. The only time I ever think about AOC is when someone like you mentions her. She's not my rep and she's probably the last person on my mind on a daily basis. I actually don't ever really remember mentioning her in a post, so where you pulled that out of must have been *tRump A$$. 

Posted : September 17, 2020 9:58 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

The only time I ever think about AOC is when someone like you mentions her. 

I actually don't ever really remember mentioning her in a post, so where you pulled that out of must have been *tRump A$$. 

Perhaps you personally didn't mention her, but she and her scientific beliefs sure are defended on this site!...What percentage of scientists believe this 12 year number?...What % does it take for it to be a fact?

Here she is, Congresswoman Box of rocks...pure genius

Science!

Posted : September 17, 2020 10:23 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Perhaps you personally didn't mention her

@bigv try to stick to what people write. No one brought her up. 

You can mock the scientific evidence, but where is your evidence to the contrary? You can present a congresswoman discussing climate change, but you fail to state the fallacy. You mock her without reason rather than make an argument. Talk about empty criticism.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 17, 2020 10:45 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Perhaps you personally didn't mention her

@bigv try to stick to what people write. No one brought her up. 

You can mock the scientific evidence, but where is your evidence to the contrary? You can present a congresswoman discussing climate change, but you fail to state the fallacy. You mock her without reason rather than make an argument. Talk about empty criticism.

I brought her up. The discussion here segued into climate change and how it is a science. Here is an idiot, in an elected position who claims we've 12 years left. Can you defend this statement with science?....

And please, do not tell me what to do

Posted : September 17, 2020 10:51 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

The discussion here segued into climate change and how it is a science.

Right.

I brought her up...an elected position who claims we've 12 years left. Can you defend this statement with science?....

I wouldn't have thought to take "12 years" so literally, but maybe it was based on this report by the Trump administration:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/23/climate-change-intensifying-economy-impacted-federal-report-finds/2096471002/

A massive report issued by the Trump administration on Friday emphasizes the dire threat that human-caused global warming poses to the United States and its citizens.

"Earth’s climate is now changing faster than at any point in the history of modern civilization, primarily as a result of human activities," researchers say in the report, officially Volume II of the National Climate Assessment. (Volume I was released last year.)

The 1,600-page report details the climate and economic impacts U.S. residents will see if drastic action is not taken to address climate change.

In response, Trump, an elected official cited "the especially cold Thanksgiving forecast as an example" to counter the report.

Here is an idiot

Which one? The one making up his own science or the Congresswoman stating her opinion based on science. Call her an idiot if it makes your feel better, but she is using evidence while you are not.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 17, 2020 11:10 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

The discussion here segued into climate change and how it is a science.

Right.

I brought her up...an elected position who claims we've 12 years left. Can you defend this statement with science?....

I wouldn't have thought to take "12 years" so literally, but maybe it was based on this report by the Trump administration:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/23/climate-change-intensifying-economy-impacted-federal-report-finds/2096471002/

A massive report issued by the Trump administration on Friday emphasizes the dire threat that human-caused global warming poses to the United States and its citizens.

"Earth’s climate is now changing faster than at any point in the history of modern civilization, primarily as a result of human activities," researchers say in the report, officially Volume II of the National Climate Assessment. (Volume I was released last year.)

The 1,600-page report details the climate and economic impacts U.S. residents will see if drastic action is not taken to address climate change.

In response, Trump, an elected official cited "the especially cold Thanksgiving forecast as an example" to counter the report.

Here is an idiot

Which one? The one making up his own science or the Congresswoman stating her opinion based on science. Call her an idiot if it makes your feel better, but she is using evidence while you are not.

All fine and dandy; you are truly the King of deflection. "Drastic action" = 12 years left in what type of science?

quote: "wouldn't have thought to take '12 years' so literally" of course you don't!..But she said it, perhaps that, was taken out of context?..No wait, I posted the whole quote!

Posted : September 17, 2020 11:14 am
Page 2 / 4
Share: