The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

NBA 2021

Page 9 / 9
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Nice to see the Bucks show up last night. They got completely out-played in Phoenix, they are definitely better than that - Phoenix couldn't seem to miss at home. Hopefully they got their mojo back and can make a series out of it.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 12, 2021 11:39 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Well, the Bucks pulled it off. It didn't look good after Game 2, Booker & Paul & co were hitting everything and Giannis looked sheepish coming back from that injury. But the Suns' shooting cooled off and Middleton & co woke up. Haven't seen a player take over a finals like Giannis did in a while, maybe since Lebron in Cleveland (even Khawhi had Ibaka and Lowry in Toronto). 50 years is a long time, maybe the Brewers will follow. Technically, as a part-owner, I think Aaron Rodgers will finally get a 2nd ring.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 21, 2021 8:26 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

They played great & deserved to win - real happy for you porkchopbob - as he always is Giannis was the difference

they didn’t have a parade when they won in ‘71 - guessing that just Might change this time😄🌎🏀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 9:39 am
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Congrats to the Bucks.  I think Giannis is a GREAT guy and it's great to see a nice guy win it all.  He could have fled to a "major market" city and pursued a championship elsewhere.  But no, he said from day one "I want to bring a championship to Milwaukee" and he did.  Kudos to you, Sir.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2021 2:55 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

There's chatter of Westbrook to LA Lakers. That's game changer in the West for sure. Russ hasn't had much postseason success since KD left OKC.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 29, 2021 7:52 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Lots of free agent moves but how about Melo going to LA Lakers? Who would have thought 17 years ago these two would be on the same team? Obviously 'Melo ain't the player he was when he was in his prime, but clearly the Lakers are trying to get as much support from LeBron as possible.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31951269/los-angeles-lakers-carmelo-anthony-agree-one-year-contract

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2021 5:23 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

...and the Lakers re-sign Dwight Howard...AGAIN. Did the Lakers' GM just wake up from a 15 year coma?

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2021 5:51 pm
Stephen liked
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Good one PCBob😁 - yeah he awoke from his coma & has signed 11 players 32 or older - next, Rajon Rondo & DeMarcus Cousins😮🏀

will be intriguing indeed to see how this newest Big 3 will do

Nucleus intact, new coach needs big bodies/a little more depth - keep it green Celts

—————————-

14 years Boston-strong - David Krejci, you will be missed - his reasons do make sense, & there’s only love & respect for this great, talented Bruin & Czech native as he returns home to play over there

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2021 11:18 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Suns give Chris Paul 4 years and $120 million?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I know he was instrumental in them getting close to a title this year.  He also is 36 years old.  And this was the first time in memory that he made it through the playoffs without a debilitating injury.  And they want to pay him 'till he's 40??   I don't know who Paul's agent is, but if I were an NBA player I'd sure be looking for that agent's phone number NOW.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2021 12:16 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Certainly makes no sense whatsoever but that’s how it’s done in pro sports - Chris Paul is a great player but this is foolhardy & worse & now Phx won’t be able to afford to pay Booker, Ayton & their younger players

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2021 12:29 pm
robslob liked
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

now it’s Kevin Durant

riding the high of Olympic gold, he’s in the heroic limelight right now

….&, w/a lengthy injury history behind him - is about to sign a 4 year $198M extension - past his prime & all

It’s grotesque - Jimmy Butler too - 4 years 184M???? wtf is this BS anyway

i bleed green & love the Celts - 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2021 8:35 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

@stephen KD is worth it for the Nets. He's still one of the top 3 players on the planet right now and almost willed the Nets past the Bucks.

The contracts sounds crazy but the salary cap is $112M, which is TWICE what it was 10 years ago ($58M in 2011-12). So the contracts aren't insane, everything has inflated dramatically.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 8, 2021 9:28 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

I hear ya on the caps & all that - but he turns 33 next month & he had that ruptured Achilles’ tendon - didn’t see much of the Olympics but saw that he played great

Just don’t understand older athletes getting these incredibly lucrative long-term deals

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2021 5:05 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/58689378

Unvaccinated Andrew Wiggins cannot play in Warriors home games.  If he stands his ground, I find it very interesting if the Warriors will be required to pay him for missed games.  Hopefully NOT.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2021 10:16 am
Page 9 / 9
Share: