332 Posts
15 Users
22 Likes
24.8 K Views
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nice to see the Bucks show up last night. They got completely out-played in Phoenix, they are definitely better than that - Phoenix couldn't seem to miss at home. Hopefully they got their mojo back and can make a series out of it.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 12, 2021 11:39 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, the Bucks pulled it off. It didn't look good after Game 2, Booker & Paul & co were hitting everything and Giannis looked sheepish coming back from that injury. But the Suns' shooting cooled off and Middleton & co woke up. Haven't seen a player take over a finals like Giannis did in a while, maybe since Lebron in Cleveland (even Khawhi had Ibaka and Lowry in Toronto). 50 years is a long time, maybe the Brewers will follow. Technically, as a part-owner, I think Aaron Rodgers will finally get a 2nd ring.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 21, 2021 8:26 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

They played great & deserved to win - real happy for you porkchopbob - as he always is Giannis was the difference

they didn’t have a parade when they won in ‘71 - guessing that just Might change this time😄🌎🏀 

Posted : July 21, 2021 9:39 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Congrats to the Bucks.  I think Giannis is a GREAT guy and it's great to see a nice guy win it all.  He could have fled to a "major market" city and pursued a championship elsewhere.  But no, he said from day one "I want to bring a championship to Milwaukee" and he did.  Kudos to you, Sir.

Posted : July 22, 2021 2:55 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

There's chatter of Westbrook to LA Lakers. That's game changer in the West for sure. Russ hasn't had much postseason success since KD left OKC.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 29, 2021 7:52 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lots of free agent moves but how about Melo going to LA Lakers? Who would have thought 17 years ago these two would be on the same team? Obviously 'Melo ain't the player he was when he was in his prime, but clearly the Lakers are trying to get as much support from LeBron as possible.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31951269/los-angeles-lakers-carmelo-anthony-agree-one-year-contract

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 3, 2021 5:23 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

...and the Lakers re-sign Dwight Howard...AGAIN. Did the Lakers' GM just wake up from a 15 year coma?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 3, 2021 5:51 pm
Stephen reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Good one PCBob😁 - yeah he awoke from his coma & has signed 11 players 32 or older - next, Rajon Rondo & DeMarcus Cousins😮🏀

will be intriguing indeed to see how this newest Big 3 will do

Nucleus intact, new coach needs big bodies/a little more depth - keep it green Celts

—————————-

14 years Boston-strong - David Krejci, you will be missed - his reasons do make sense, & there’s only love & respect for this great, talented Bruin & Czech native as he returns home to play over there

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : August 3, 2021 11:18 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Suns give Chris Paul 4 years and $120 million?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I know he was instrumental in them getting close to a title this year.  He also is 36 years old.  And this was the first time in memory that he made it through the playoffs without a debilitating injury.  And they want to pay him 'till he's 40??   I don't know who Paul's agent is, but if I were an NBA player I'd sure be looking for that agent's phone number NOW.

Posted : August 4, 2021 12:16 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Certainly makes no sense whatsoever but that’s how it’s done in pro sports - Chris Paul is a great player but this is foolhardy & worse & now Phx won’t be able to afford to pay Booker, Ayton & their younger players

Posted : August 4, 2021 12:29 pm
robslob reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

now it’s Kevin Durant

riding the high of Olympic gold, he’s in the heroic limelight right now

….&, w/a lengthy injury history behind him - is about to sign a 4 year $198M extension - past his prime & all

It’s grotesque - Jimmy Butler too - 4 years 184M???? wtf is this BS anyway

i bleed green & love the Celts - 

Posted : August 8, 2021 8:35 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@stephen KD is worth it for the Nets. He's still one of the top 3 players on the planet right now and almost willed the Nets past the Bucks.

The contracts sounds crazy but the salary cap is $112M, which is TWICE what it was 10 years ago ($58M in 2011-12). So the contracts aren't insane, everything has inflated dramatically.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 8, 2021 9:28 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

I hear ya on the caps & all that - but he turns 33 next month & he had that ruptured Achilles’ tendon - didn’t see much of the Olympics but saw that he played great

Just don’t understand older athletes getting these incredibly lucrative long-term deals

Posted : August 8, 2021 5:05 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/58689378

Unvaccinated Andrew Wiggins cannot play in Warriors home games.  If he stands his ground, I find it very interesting if the Warriors will be required to pay him for missed games.  Hopefully NOT.

Posted : September 25, 2021 10:16 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

The Warriors are now 10-1 after beating Minnesota last night.  I think the way they are playing is truly a testament to what a monster Coach Steve Kerr really is.  Andrew Wiggins and Gary Payton, Jr. are playing out of their minds.  Steph Curry is Steph Curry..........he had 50 on Monday night vs. Atlanta and once again is leading the league in scoring.  And having Andre Igoudala back is certainly helping them.........I'm amazed that at 37 he still has something left even if it's only 15 minutes per game.  

The way Kerr has these guys playing right now, and as deep as they are, I really think that they can compete for the title this year with or without Klay Thompson.  And if Klay comes back at full speed..........then I'd say they have to be the favorite.  This looks a LOT like The Warriors of 5 years ago!

Posted : November 11, 2021 2:02 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Uh oh..looks like Rob will be back in action on here since his Warriors are making some noise. Been kinda quite for awhile!

I think I saw the worst basketball fight ever with the Pacers and Jazz the other night. Good thing these guys were not playing in the era of Anthony Mason,Charles Oakley,Pistons and etc. They would have taken an Unholy beating. Speaking of brawls the 17th anniversary is coming up.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : November 13, 2021 12:59 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

@jszfunk:  Yes and I'm even more excited after last night.  Chicago came to San Francisco 8-3 and playing very well with a talented cast of new characters.  After a typical Warriors third quarter they had their tails up firmly between their legs.  As I said in my last post, very reminiscent of the Warriors of five years ago.  A real ASS-WHUPPIN', 119-93.  We embark on the road now after an 8 game home stand.  Bring it on!!

Posted : November 13, 2021 11:40 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

I didn't see the game, but don't get too excited - Bulls were missing their center Nikola Vucevic due to covid.  Should be a more competitive game next time .... 

Posted : November 13, 2021 1:19 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

@sang:  "Don't get too excited"?  You're pretty funny.  Yes, it's obvious you didn't see the game if you think one player missing for the Bulls made a big difference.  Forget Klay Thompson, he's been out for close to two years.  That said, we were also missing our center, James Wiseman.  Again, not that it made any difference.  

Posted : November 13, 2021 1:54 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Now I'm really impressed.  Warriors completely dominated a good Brooklyn team on their homecourt last night.  

Posted : November 17, 2021 11:21 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

We get a look at Bklyn tonite - no Kyrie hasn’t affected them, they’ve started well - same 6ers w/no Ben Simmons - meanwhile Colin K continues to sit out, now Deshaun Watson

John Wall also is healthy but not playing this year, weird

yep GSW is really going good, ups to them - what happens when Klay returns? 20 min or so off the bench? Coach K will figure out something - their home & home next week w/Phx will be an early-season doozie

Semi O a key reserve for Bucks, Daniel Theis stuck in Houston, he got a nice hand at Monday’s game

let’s go Celts, I like our team so far - we’ll beat em tonite

This post was modified 2 years ago by Stephen

Posted : November 24, 2021 11:52 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

It all comes down to tonight!  Game of the year so far:  Golden State (18-2) @ Phoenix (17-3).  Suns have won 16 straight games.  GO WARRIORS!!

Posted : November 30, 2021 1:35 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Phoenix 104 Golden State 96.  I could not be more impressed with Phoenix, specifically with their defense.  Fortunately we get them again Friday night, this time in San Francisco.  Hopefully Kerr will have some answers in the intervening two days.  The Suns are for REAL...........

Posted : December 1, 2021 12:32 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Warriors 118 Suns 96.  Revenge is SWEET!

Posted : December 4, 2021 12:38 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yep it's a doubleheader tonite, GSW-NY, & Phx-Portland - they continue to wail, tho good win for Phila the other night over Warriors, & a nice win for Celts last night over champion Bucks, Jayl is back, hope Semi returns soon for Mil too, let's go Celts

19 years ago, unreal

an unknown gem for MJ

Dec. 14, 2002

"Michael Jordan, 39, matches his career low with two points as Washington beats Toronto - plays a season-high 40 minutes w/nine rebounds and eight assists"

at 39, recognizing he's not the MJ of old offensively, still does more than anyone else on the court to get the win.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Stephen

Posted : December 14, 2021 2:55 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Steve Kerr is such a Master at managing his team.  Last night's game @ Toronto was the second of a back-to-back after a very tough win over Boston on Friday (had to be sure and throw that in, Stephen).  So what does Kerr do?  Knowing he's already got the best record in the league, he manages the SEASON, not the game.  Held out of last night's Toronto game:  Steph Curry, Draymond Green, Andre Igoudala, Jordon Poole, Anthony Wiggins, Otto Porter.  Curry was the only one whose reason was listed as "rest", the others were listed as out due to minor nagging injuries.  I'm sure any one of them could have played.  As expected The Warriors lost the game.  And kept a bunch of guys rested and fresh.  Makes a TON of sense.  They are off today then play Sacramento tomorrow.

This post was modified 2 years ago by robslob

Posted : December 19, 2021 2:02 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

No one who saw him play will ever forget Sam Jones - to Celtics fans, The Greatest Shooting Guard Ever - had the pleasure of talking w/Sam one time at a basketball camp he was at -

Celts got a good win over Phx, one of the two top teams, I'm sure w/Sam exhorting em on from his new place high above courtside

RIP Sam Jones, thanks for all the great memories

Posted : December 31, 2021 5:43 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yeah they're the top two teams

but look who's right there w/GSW & Phx

the Jazz - this year they're making the piece of paper they always look so good on, look accurate - year in year out, for decades, it always looks like 'this is their year' - this year, it is, at least so far - Quin Snyder paid big ups recently to Draymond Green

& look at this - da Bulls?! W8?! their new nucleus of DeRo & the other Nikola (not Jocic) to go along w/Zach Levine is going crazy - they haven't been this good in decades

& before you can say Bryant "Big Country" Reeves - Zach Randolph & the Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies - right there too

let's go Celts - all the Atlantic div teams will be close this year

Posted : January 5, 2022 7:15 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

No Ben Simmons yet

but Klay & Kyrie have returned, & now,

Tuukka is back - look out Atlantic Division

he'll get a deafening ovation tonight (he'll be on the bench)

there's a downside tho - Jeremy Swayman is an everyday NHL goalie now, it's an unfair deal for him to be sent down - he's played well this season

Tuukka, 34, will see a very familiar mask out there - Carey Price, also 34 - Carey has overstayed it this year (Habs are dead last) - Tuukka has to make sure he hasn't overstayed either, that there's no 'goalie controversy' - he's gotta hold up his end & am sure he will - might be a backup to Ullmark, who's also played well this season, but who knows - the B's For Sure Are A Better Team Now - Welcome Back Took

Joe Thornton, 42, is skating for Fla. this year

Happy retirement Jon Lester

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : January 12, 2022 6:48 pm
Wis608
(@wis608)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @robslob

Steve Kerr is such a Master at managing his team.  Last night's game @ Toronto was the second of a back-to-back after a very tough win over Boston on Friday (had to be sure and throw that in, Stephen).  So what does Kerr do?  Knowing he's already got the best record in the league, he manages the SEASON, not the game.  Held out of last night's Toronto game:  Steph Curry, Draymond Green, Andre Igoudala, Jordon Poole, Anthony Wiggins, Otto Porter.  Curry was the only one whose reason was listed as "rest", the others were listed as out due to minor nagging injuries.  I'm sure any one of them could have played.  As expected The Warriors lost the game.  And kept a bunch of guys rested and fresh.  Makes a TON of sense.  They are off today then play Sacramento tomorrow.

Really 1 game, masterful decision? Give me a break. Where was his "mastery" during the  19-20,20-21 seasons?Didn't hear to much of your Warrior chest thumping the last few years , eh?   Coaching is more about "mastering"  the diva personalities of this god awful product called NBA basketball then it does coaching. Its a players league. You have great players around you it makes anyone look good.

Posted : January 13, 2022 8:11 am
Page 9 / 12
Share: