The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

NASCAR 2021

Page 3 / 3
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Was a good final 10 laps or so.  Will be an intense Daytona, more than ever for all the drivers near the cut line.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 22, 2021 9:00 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

@nebish 

yup. That race is gonna be nutso. 

And thus, take my bet to the bank:  Bubba Wallace. 

never take anyone but a long shot at Daytona. 

Bubba Wallace. Rickey Stenhouse. Those are my money picks for next week. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2021 9:44 pm
nebish liked
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

When does the garage lock?

I have Bubba in my garage. It’s stage 2 end caution and I cannot sub him in and take out Matty D!

I thought it was start of Stage 3. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 28, 2021 9:30 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @cmgst34

When does the garage lock?

I have Bubba in my garage. It’s stage 2 end caution and I cannot sub him in and take out Matty D!

I thought it was start of Stage 3. 

End of stage 2 is the deadline to switch drivers

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 28, 2021 10:50 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

@cmgst34

I looked at the nascar fantasy site and it looks like they have changed the driver allocation picks for the playoffs compared to seasons past.  The driver usage limit is 5 times.  In years before you had to pick a certain number of playoff drivers and you could select some nonplayoff drivers, but you had unlimited usage on drivers.  I like limiting the use better, makes it so you just can't use the same guys all the time.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 1, 2021 12:59 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I NEVER miss a fantasy lineup.  Found out there was a race last night at 2am on the bottom line crawl of a sports channel watching football.  Man I am disappointed about that.  My friend gained 70 points on my zombie lineup I had in there. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 12, 2021 12:16 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

I had a GOOD fantasy lineup last week and made no ground. I think everyone must’ve played most of the same lineup. 

If the Cup race is anything like tonight’s Xfinity race it’s gonna be a good one. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2021 10:32 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

@nebish 

what the hell was that caution?!?!

hamlin hits the wall and they throw a yellow to save him?

hmm. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 10:29 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I didn't watch the race.  I can't do anything else when there is college football on.  I did have a lineup in this week though.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 19, 2021 1:26 am
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

It was a fantastic race. Got some guys pissed at each other, which is always fun. 

I crushed it in fantasy for the second week in a row but didn’t make up much ground. You leaders are too far ahead.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2021 6:58 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I don't like that I missed that race, especially Bristol night race which had always been in August before the schedule shuffle right?  I just can't devote any time to NASCAR on Saturdays in the fall and I've lost a good bit of ground to my friend who is coming up on me for the lead.  Sunday races will be great, I can balance NFL and NASCAR.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2021 10:12 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Sunday night race!?!  I approve!  That will be fun

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 23, 2021 11:59 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

@nebish 

I’m stoked!

Big weekend of night races in all 3 NASCAR series. I love this stretch of night races.

An early F1 race at 8:00 am on Sunday. A breakfast special.

And the Indy season finale, which I’ll miss most of, coaching my son’s baseball game at the same time. This year will be the year of the changing of the guard there to the young guys. Bummed that my guy Scott Dixon doesn’t have a championship shot, but nice to see new young blood coming in. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2021 4:53 pm
nebish liked
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

2022 schedule is out I see.

https://www.jayski.com/nascar-cup-series/2022-nascar-cup-series-schedule/

We were going to try and go to Dover if it was mid-May, but now it's May 1 and that won't work.

Only 1 spring Saturday night race and only 1 summer Saturday night race.  Booo. Only 3 Saturday night races total.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 26, 2021 5:04 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

Forgot to set my lineup!  Damn. 

I really want to take my boys camping up at Watkins Glen. We shall see. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2021 7:46 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I was just coming here to say...you won!  But didn't have any bonus picks, so yeah.  You can't gain ground on us when you are sleeping at the wheel like that!  You should get into 3rd place no problem, then my friend and I are 1-2.  Maybe you can get to our bumper, but I don't think you can get close enough to put us into the wall for a final lap pass!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 26, 2021 10:21 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme

Yes, I couldn't believe I did so well . Shame is I could've got a few extra points.  I was planning on taking JGR and Toyota as the winning team and manufacturer.  But, I would've picked Ky Busch as the winner not Hamlin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2021 5:30 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: