NASCAR 2021

92 Posts
3 Users
13 Likes
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Was a good final 10 laps or so.  Will be an intense Daytona, more than ever for all the drivers near the cut line.

Posted : August 22, 2021 9:00 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

@nebish 

yup. That race is gonna be nutso. 

And thus, take my bet to the bank:  Bubba Wallace. 

never take anyone but a long shot at Daytona. 

Bubba Wallace. Rickey Stenhouse. Those are my money picks for next week. 

Posted : August 22, 2021 9:44 pm
nebish reacted
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

When does the garage lock?

I have Bubba in my garage. It’s stage 2 end caution and I cannot sub him in and take out Matty D!

I thought it was start of Stage 3. 

Posted : August 28, 2021 9:30 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @cmgst34

When does the garage lock?

I have Bubba in my garage. It’s stage 2 end caution and I cannot sub him in and take out Matty D!

I thought it was start of Stage 3. 

End of stage 2 is the deadline to switch drivers

Posted : August 28, 2021 10:50 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@cmgst34

I looked at the nascar fantasy site and it looks like they have changed the driver allocation picks for the playoffs compared to seasons past.  The driver usage limit is 5 times.  In years before you had to pick a certain number of playoff drivers and you could select some nonplayoff drivers, but you had unlimited usage on drivers.  I like limiting the use better, makes it so you just can't use the same guys all the time.

Posted : September 1, 2021 12:59 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I NEVER miss a fantasy lineup.  Found out there was a race last night at 2am on the bottom line crawl of a sports channel watching football.  Man I am disappointed about that.  My friend gained 70 points on my zombie lineup I had in there. 

Posted : September 12, 2021 12:16 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

I had a GOOD fantasy lineup last week and made no ground. I think everyone must’ve played most of the same lineup. 

If the Cup race is anything like tonight’s Xfinity race it’s gonna be a good one. 

Posted : September 17, 2021 10:32 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

@nebish 

what the hell was that caution?!?!

hamlin hits the wall and they throw a yellow to save him?

hmm. 

Posted : September 18, 2021 10:29 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I didn't watch the race.  I can't do anything else when there is college football on.  I did have a lineup in this week though.

Posted : September 19, 2021 1:26 am
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

It was a fantastic race. Got some guys pissed at each other, which is always fun. 

I crushed it in fantasy for the second week in a row but didn’t make up much ground. You leaders are too far ahead.

Posted : September 19, 2021 6:58 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I don't like that I missed that race, especially Bristol night race which had always been in August before the schedule shuffle right?  I just can't devote any time to NASCAR on Saturdays in the fall and I've lost a good bit of ground to my friend who is coming up on me for the lead.  Sunday races will be great, I can balance NFL and NASCAR.

Posted : September 20, 2021 10:12 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sunday night race!?!  I approve!  That will be fun

Posted : September 23, 2021 11:59 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

@nebish 

I’m stoked!

Big weekend of night races in all 3 NASCAR series. I love this stretch of night races.

An early F1 race at 8:00 am on Sunday. A breakfast special.

And the Indy season finale, which I’ll miss most of, coaching my son’s baseball game at the same time. This year will be the year of the changing of the guard there to the young guys. Bummed that my guy Scott Dixon doesn’t have a championship shot, but nice to see new young blood coming in. 

Posted : September 24, 2021 4:53 pm
nebish reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2022 schedule is out I see.

https://www.jayski.com/nascar-cup-series/2022-nascar-cup-series-schedule/

We were going to try and go to Dover if it was mid-May, but now it's May 1 and that won't work.

Only 1 spring Saturday night race and only 1 summer Saturday night race.  Booo. Only 3 Saturday night races total.

Posted : September 26, 2021 5:04 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Forgot to set my lineup!  Damn. 

I really want to take my boys camping up at Watkins Glen. We shall see. 

Posted : September 26, 2021 7:46 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I was just coming here to say...you won!  But didn't have any bonus picks, so yeah.  You can't gain ground on us when you are sleeping at the wheel like that!  You should get into 3rd place no problem, then my friend and I are 1-2.  Maybe you can get to our bumper, but I don't think you can get close enough to put us into the wall for a final lap pass!

Posted : September 26, 2021 10:21 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Yes, I couldn't believe I did so well . Shame is I could've got a few extra points.  I was planning on taking JGR and Toyota as the winning team and manufacturer.  But, I would've picked Ky Busch as the winner not Hamlin.

Posted : September 27, 2021 5:30 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

So?!

Who’s going to win?

I’m thinking Kyle L. but hoping for Chase. I’d like to see the start of a “dynasty” with him. I like the way he races and he’s on the right team to win a lot and also have his teammates keep pushing him. 

Pretty good playoffs so far. I get that Denny was upset, but I don’t think Bowman is a hack at all. He’s just more of a superspeedway racer. 

Posted : November 6, 2021 10:04 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I don't know.  I was just looking at the odds.  The only time I ever bet NASCAR is the final race.  My local doesn't like taking NASCAR, told me one time "no more NASCAR" but then I acted like I never heard that the next  year and he forgot.

Can't remember, but haven't the championship drivers all ran 1-2-3-4 for several years now?

Posted : November 7, 2021 12:41 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Top Ford, Blaney +360?

Chevy as race winning manufacturer -130?  You get both Larson and Elliot to win the race in there.  Larson is -125 himself for the race, even if you like Larson to win the race -130 would appear to be a better hedge if Chase happens to win.

Wonder when the last time other than playoff driver won the final race in current format?

Posted : November 7, 2021 1:27 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

I took Harvick at +3400. And Ky. Busch at +3100. 

of the favorites I took Elliott. +250 or something like that. 

just won the F1 race with Verstappen at +210. 

Posted : November 7, 2021 4:54 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Nebish, you watching the Clash today?

real nice crowd at the Coliseum. I watched the qualifying races. The Last Chance qualifiers were crazy. Should be a real fun race even at these really slow paces. 

I like the Next Gen cars. They look great.Like the new number placement.  Love the wheels. Love how they look more like their real street car stock models too  

Kinda sad to see the box stick shift go, but so be it . . . 

This post was modified 2 years ago by cmgst34

Posted : February 6, 2022 7:07 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I recorded all of it, but not sure I will get around to watching it or not.  Not really in the NASCAR mood...a couple people still want the fantasy league, which means I will play.  Will you play again?

Posted : February 6, 2022 9:37 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Sure

Posted : February 6, 2022 10:49 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@cmgst34 you missed the first week!

I was in Walt Disney World of all places so I didn't see the race, but came in second still.  Danb is playing again.  There is 1 new person playing and it looks like 3 previous participants are not playing.

You're one week behind, but it's a long season if you get back in!

Posted : February 25, 2022 11:07 am
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Shoot. I didn’t know you started it up. I’ll join and play this week. 

Daytona was a great race. Best Daytona, and best superspeedway race period, I’d seen in years.

Posted : February 25, 2022 12:43 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bunch of snow on the ground here today!  Good day to watch some NASCAR road course racing - last year this was the event they ran in rain and none of the drivers could see in front of them from the spray being put up by the cars in ahead of them = lots of wrecks.  Should be a really good and fun race today at this track now that it will be dry.

Posted : March 27, 2022 10:36 am
DanB
 DanB
(@danb)
Prominent Member

I'm in 2nd place. today should be good

I'm liking F1 more lately

Posted : April 17, 2022 11:21 am
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Nebish — you still watching NASCAR?  Seasons getting ready!  If you and your crew are doing fantasy I’ll join and be involved this year. Just too much going on the last couple years with work and a new baby. 

Posted : February 5, 2023 10:39 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @cmgst34

Nebish — you still watching NASCAR?  Seasons getting ready!  If you and your crew are doing fantasy I’ll join and be involved this year. Just too much going on the last couple years with work and a new baby. 

Hello there!  I watched some first half of the clash coliseum.  Kind of getting reacquainted to the driver changes. I plan to watch this year.  I wasn't thinking I was going to do fantasy this year though.  I didn't want to do it last year either actually and got persuaded into it.

How's the new baby?  We just had our first grandson born into the family, it's been all girls up til now

Posted : February 12, 2023 12:05 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: