Live Nation - Dead Customer Service!

32 Posts
8 Users
14 Likes
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@nebish  We've placed and accepted too much faith and trust in AI (artificial intelligence).  No matter how smart they make the mechanical man or dog, he (or she?) will not be able to process the immediate needs of carbon based units.  And you're correct, this dearth of effective customer service has crossed over to human beings who are "programmed" by senior management.  Just yesterday my wife and I attempted to take my 83 year-old aunt out for what was to be our first dining out experience in over a year.  We arrived at a very nice beachside hotel restaurant - one we were regulars at for years before Covid.  The hostess met us at the podium and said that because this was Easter weekend, that they would only be serving hotel guests.  Looking around - the place was just dead empty and void of any other diners.  You coulda slung a dead cat in any direction without hitting anybody! No, we were not registered hotel guests, but they could've seated and served us in plenty of time before they became crowded.  From a business standpoint, this should've been a no-brainer.  "Four ticket limit" - I get that.  Denying me the option of buying 4 tickets in a more desirable (and expensive) section - or refusing to sell me the extra ticket that I didn't want or need (I would've "miracled" a friend or unknown person in the line - this is nothing short of customer service obstinance.  

Posted : April 4, 2021 10:30 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

UPDATE:  One week and a day later I received a follow-up "bot" e-mail from TicketMaster/Live Nation generically apologizing for any inconvenience that I might've encountered.  The e-mail included a link to a "complaint desk".  When I clicked the link - it took me to a page that basically said, "the link that you clicked on is not in service" (words to this effect).  Cynically and sarcastically I wonder when the Federal Government took over TicketMaster!  This lack in service and care almost make me glad that concerts have been cancelled.  The real and actual Federal Government should enact legislation to make sure that TicketMaster has competition for ticket sales.  Why should there only be ONE outlet for concert tickets when that outlet does such an incredibly shitty job? GRRRRR!

Posted : April 10, 2021 10:23 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: