I got this in the mail today

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I got an absentee ballot in the mail today.  Guess what, I didn't request one.

I'm going to call the Board of Elections tomorrow and find out why I got it.

Posted : September 21, 2020 10:12 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

I heard that some states were sending ballots to all registered voters.  Not sure if that is true or not.  We have only received ballot request forms in Ohio.

Posted : September 21, 2020 10:51 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

I got 3 reminders in one week to request a mail-in ballot. I couldn't find a sponsor on the notice anywhere - not the DNC, my elected representatives, voter registration, or a candidate for either party. I'd say the election is going to be chaos.

Posted : September 22, 2020 9:54 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jerry

I got an absentee ballot in the mail today.  Guess what, I didn't request one.

I'm going to call the Board of Elections tomorrow and find out why I got it.

In compliance with Trump's wishes that you can try to vote multiple times, you should fill it out and submit. Then you should go to the polls in person and vote. Last election he said people voted, went to their cars, changed clothes, reentered and voted again. You should make this a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more votes per person - the better .

Posted : September 22, 2020 1:22 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Posted by: @martind28

The more votes per person - the better .

Especially if they are Republican?

Posted : September 22, 2020 4:28 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

I laughed a little when this came in the mail.

IMG 2835

Posted : September 22, 2020 10:26 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

Posted by: @nebish

I laughed a little when this came in the mail.

IMG 2835

Are ALL Ohions expected to be out of town on Election Day? Is it really that hard to distinguish between absentee & mail-in? 

Posted : September 23, 2020 9:21 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Checked with the county registrar and it seems that when you request a mail in ballot for the primary, and a lot of people in my neighborhood did, you automatically get put on the list for all elections that year.

Kind of confusing since there is no mention of that happening when we requested the mail in ballots.

Was concerned about that since there were over 1,000 incidents of people casting at least two votes in the primaries this year.  Most were older folks who were concerned that their mail in vote wouldn't get there in time, or forgot that they had already voted. 

Also, the vote by mail and Absentee ballots are mailed in different envelopes, clearly marked which one it is.

Posted : September 23, 2020 11:37 am
Share: