The Allman Brothers Band
Come On In, FlorIDI...

Notifications
Clear all

Come On In, FlorIDIOTS! The Water's Fine!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Can you imagine a Fire Chief allowing citizens to reenter a building that is still very much ablaze?  That's pretty much what Florida's Governor is pushing.  Restaurants and especially bars are the most unsafe places in Florida right now.  200,000 deaths?  That's probably a drop in the bucket for what's coming by Christmas.  I guess this is what this dumba$$ calls, "Thinning of the Herd Mentality".   

Stay safe.  If at all possible.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/state/2020/09/25/gov-ron-desantis-moves-florida-phase-3-reopening-effective-immediately-restrictions-limited/3531358001/

Posted : September 26, 2020 9:01 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

I saw Gov Moron on tv announcing the openings. He's got to be one of the biggest idiots out there. Watch the openings, watch the cases expand, and watch the death rate jump. He'll take no responsibility. You have o wonder about the people who voted this guy into office. He obviously doesn't have their health safety at the forefront.

Posted : September 26, 2020 4:04 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

It seems premature to me, but I'm not surprised FL is trying to re-open by October. Have to be ready for the tourist and snowbird season. My heart goes out to bar owners, it's unfortunate there wasn't a better relief package for businesses that weren't allowed to operate, so I'm happy for them.

Cases have steadily decreased here since July - but so has the population of retirees and tourists. I'm not saying re-opening can't work, but Wisconsin's increase in COVID cases since August isn't a good sign for Florida. We will just have to see how people behave. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spike in cases this Fall, which could be bad when combined with tourist season. Just have to be careful and smart out there.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Share: