Notifications
Clear all

College Football 2021

Page 9 / 9
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

While the semi finals or whatever they are called were terrible blowouts, the whole bowl season has been entertaining. The Purdue game was great and yesterday's Rose Bowl was one for the ages. I don't think I have ever rooted for Ohio State in my life but last night I did. For entertainment value only, of course. 😉 That sophomore wide receiver was amazing. And Marvin Harrison's kid had a great day too. Didn't know he played for them. 

I need Kansas State to beat LSU and Alabama to win it all. Another team I detest. I can win a pool I am in. Once again, for entertainment value only. 

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2022 8:19 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I went through the picks for the pool I am in. I need Kansas State to win Thursday night and I am in the money. They lose and I am out. I think we pay out three people. THEN I need Alabama to win it all and get the total points tie breaker. 

I hate Alabama. 😛 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2022 6:56 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Was a fun bowl season.  Could hiccups along the way, but I enjoyed all the games.  I think I had plays in every 1st H, 2nd H and full game in most of them.  It's crazy how many individual plays and sequences determine outcomes.

Agree, the Music City Bowl was great.  Not much defense, but some timely and meaningful plays to make for plenty of drama.  Citrus Bowl was really great 2nd H between Iowa - Kentucky.  Obviously the Rose Bowl was pretty exciting.

This is the first year I didn't play in a bowl pick'em pool.  Didn't miss it though.  Hope you all don't mind I didn't set one up.

Here are the results I tracked up to Tuesday night's game:

Bowl Game Results - 8 dog upsets (WKU closed at a pick'em not an upset)
1st H
Dogs 18-16* / Overs 21-15
2nd H Dogs 12-23-1 / Overs 17-18-1
Game Dogs 14-19-1* / Overs 18-18

*WKU and Ok State was pick'em not counted as dog or fav

I watched every single minute of every game up to this point.  I'm going to watch tonight I guess.  I like the bowl games, but at this point in the season I'm pretty done with college football.  Don't give a damn who wins next week's game, may not even watch.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 4, 2022 4:01 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Well I THINK I won the pool with the KSU game last night. Everyone in the running took Bama in the final and I am ahead of them if I am reading the sheet correctly so they can't catch me.

Which will be nice because now I can root against Sabin. 😛 

Funny side note. I get a letter in the mail the other day. It is a return to sender thing from the post office. It's the letter I sent to the guy running the pool. I asked him if he moved. Well, he did. My money is in the envelope. He says I am fine. I was like, no I owe you money. So whenever he settles everything, I will just tell him to short my winning fee from the entrance fee.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2022 10:05 am
nebish liked
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Peach Extraordianire

Well done UGA.  It over-came some near misses and got big plays when it needed too.  I thought Bama's QB should have gone for just getting first downs the second to the last drive.  There was still plenty of time and I think they had all three TOs.  That's football!  I'm happy for Vince Dooley. He was a great coach and has always been a good guy.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2022 8:07 am
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
A Peach Supreme
Posted by: @cmgst34

@nebish

no. Panthers. If they bear everyone they should beat, that’s 9. Then win one of Clem, MIA, Chapel Hill. 

they’ll bear Chapel Hill. 

By the way!  My Pitt 9 win prediction went alright. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2022 11:46 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

@nebish

no. Panthers. If they bear everyone they should beat, that’s 9. Then win one of Clem, MIA, Chapel Hill. 

they’ll bear Chapel Hill. 

By the way!  My Pitt 9 win prediction went alright. 

Never give up hope!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 25, 2022 12:21 pm
Page 9 / 9
Share: