The Allman Brothers Band
8 people dead, mult...

Notifications
Clear all

8 people dead, multiple victims shot at Indianapolis FedEx facility; shooter dead

21 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I live just north of Indy and woke up to my radio alarm to hear this. I think this is the 3rd mass shooting(more than 3 killed) in the last 2 mons here in the Indy area.

https://fox59.com/news/police-investigating-after-multiple-people-injured-in-shooting-on-indys-southwest-side/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : April 16, 2021 7:59 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

People wanting to kill other people for no reason.  I will never understand it.  Just wish these people would kill themselves if that is really what they want and spare the innocent lives.

Posted : April 16, 2021 8:37 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Johnston said you never think something like this might happen, but it always can.

You just never know what day could be your last.  Life is ****** up sometimes.

Posted : April 16, 2021 8:40 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @nebish

People wanting to kill other people for no reason.  I will never understand it.  Just wish these people would kill themselves if that is really what they want and spare the innocent lives.

Agreed. And it pisses me off that these people kill themselves after their crimes are committed. There are so many nowadays they hard to keep straight. Living in Chicago and close to Wisconsin of all places, it seems nonstop. 

Did you see the story on Al Toon's (former Wisconsin Badger and NFL player) about his daughter getting killed in a murder-suicide? So sad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-molly-toon-lillard-jets-al-toon-daughter-killed-apparent-murder-suicide-michigan-volleyball-star-140926643.html

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : April 16, 2021 9:51 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Johnston said you never think something like this might happen, but it always can.

No question about it - police & all involved say they have no idea of the motive behind a mass shooting in SC last week in which someone shot 6 people, killing 5, including himself - people just snap, it’s bizarre -

side note, this too had an NFL angle as the shooter, Philip Adams, formerly played in the league

what on earth causes people to crumble like that....

Posted : April 16, 2021 6:29 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @stephen

No question about it - police & all involved say they have no idea of the motive behind a mass shooting in SC last week in which someone shot 6 people, killing 5, including himself - people just snap, it’s bizarre -

side note, this too had an NFL angle as the shooter, Philip Adams, formerly played in the league

what on earth causes people to crumble like that....

So goes the thinking...if you can not better limit and control the people about to commit these acts, then you must better limit and control the means in which the people choose to carry out their murderous acts.  Just exactly how effective it can be and exactly how much the rights of those non-violent and law abiding citizens are infringed upon is the rub.

Posted : April 17, 2021 7:56 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The shooter was 19yrs old.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2021/04/17/fedex-shooting-suspect-brandon-scott-hole-family-statement-indianapolis-indiana/7271217002/

These are the victims of the Indianapolis FedEx shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/17/us/indianapolis-fedex-shooting-victims-trnd/index.html

Posted : April 17, 2021 8:02 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Two quotes from Indianapolis Star articles identify a huge problem:

In March 2020 Hole's mother had contacted authorities saying she feared her son might commit "suicide by cop."

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officers placed Hole on a mental health temporary hold and took a shotgun from his home.

On Saturday, two days after the shooting, Indianapolis police said Hole was in possession of two assault rifles when he was found dead at the scene. 

IMPD said the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms traced the guns and learned that Hole legally bought them in July and September 2020.

The March 2020 call and shot gun confiscation (which the article later says was not returned) sounds like a red flag situation and is exactly what should happen.  Then we have some handful of months later he legally buys two rifles AFTER law enforcement put him on a mental health temporary hold and took a gun...how and why was he able to buy more guns?  Suspect there is a disconnect between local law enforcement and the FBI's background check system.  Reminds me of 9/11 when the CIA and FBI weren't communicating and sharing data.  

Posted : April 17, 2021 10:45 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee It is nonstop in Chicago isn't Lee? A friend moved to Chicago several years ago for a great job. The winters are too much for him and his wife but they are still there. But he tells me Chicago has over a thousand murders a year with most on the southside which is a part of Chicago that they avoid. 

I like Chicago downtown and lake front. In the old days it was the mob and big Al shooting people right and left but now it's street gangs isn't it? 

Posted : April 17, 2021 11:16 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Another one. 😟 

https://news.yahoo.com/police-3-dead-2-wounded-100055431.html

Posted : April 18, 2021 7:00 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@robertdee

Difficult questions. Yes the south side and the southwest sides are very much more dangerous. Is it gangs? Yeah, probably. And while the mob isn't mentioned in these things, I believe the mob is still here in some respect I guess.

It's really sad. Every day on the news you see a story about an innocent person getting shot. 

Not to get too deep but there are probably a lot of socioeconomic things involved. A lot of these people that do these things have nothing else to rely on. Race, jobs, housing, discrimination, etc. 

I had a friend at work who lived on the south side and he was scared about going out after dark because gangs were in his neighborhood. If he had his little girl with him nobody bothered him. I was shocked when he told me a few stories.

Posted : April 18, 2021 7:22 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

@nebish:

"The March 2020 call and shot gun confiscation (which the article later says was not returned) sounds like a red flag situation and is exactly what should happen.  Then we have some handful of months later he legally buys two rifles AFTER law enforcement put him on a mental health temporary hold and took a gun...how and why was he able to buy more guns?  Suspect there is a disconnect between local law enforcement and the FBI's background check system.  Reminds me of 9/11 when the CIA and FBI weren't communicating and sharing data."

This is CHILLING data is all I can say.  Are we as a society THIS backwards that this guy could not have been stopped???  I think I'll just sit here and cry a bit...........  

Posted : April 18, 2021 12:34 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lee

Another one. 😟 

https://news.yahoo.com/police-3-dead-2-wounded-100055431.html

Yeah saw that - Kenosha WI, nearby where the Blake shooting was

of course, data posted in the Gun Violence Archive shows it could go on & on

but still, Bulletin

active-shooter situation in Austin TX - 3 dead - suspect, a former police detective, still on the loose - had also been divorced recently - obviously a toxic brew...

No point really in post after post about all this - the link to the GVA jszfunk put up covers it 

noting the one-year mark of the two-day shooting spree by a dentist in Nova Scotia April 18-19 leaving 22 dead (was looking up info on it & LV concert massacre) - ✌️✌️✌️

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Stephen

Posted : April 18, 2021 6:04 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @robertdee

@lee It is nonstop in Chicago isn't Lee? A friend moved to Chicago several years ago for a great job. The winters are too much for him and his wife but they are still there. But he tells me Chicago has over a thousand murders a year with most on the southside which is a part of Chicago that they avoid. 

I like Chicago downtown and lake front. In the old days it was the mob and big Al shooting people right and left but now it's street gangs isn't it? 

Drive by in the drive thru of a McDonald’s in the city’s Homan Sq. neighborhood 

7 year old girl dead, father seriously wounded

Nowadays elicits little more than a shrug & a note in next day’s paper

Posted : April 19, 2021 1:47 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@stephen Yes the media and others seem to be ho hum about all the gun violence here now unless the police are involved. 

Posted : April 19, 2021 5:42 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@stephen, @robertdee

Not in Chicago. It's on the news every day it seems, unfortunately. Maybe these stories don't make the national news but they are here all the time. The media is definitely not ho hum. They have to have something to fill up hours of the local news. 

Posted : April 19, 2021 8:14 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee That is good Lee. When Chicago has an especially bloody weekend with multiple murders I will hear a story on CNN occasionally but I never notice it on the nightly news on CBS, NBC etc. 

I wonder if that is racist? Blacks killing blacks on the southside of Chicago to the tune of 600 to 700 a year. If it were happening around Times Square in Manhattan or Georgetown in Washington, wouldn't it be a major story everywhere and law makers passing legislation right and left? 

Posted : April 19, 2021 9:26 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

There’s been hardly anything, 4 xmpl, on ystrdy’s drive bys at the Chicago McDonalds, & in Minneapolis at a National Guard facility that, contrary to previously, injured no one 

these stories seem to pop up willy-nilly in the general news digest - they’re mixed in as general briefs w/the stock market report, weather/sports updates etc...

this to me shows how jaded & indifferent - almost conditioned - we’ve become to gun violence

Thankfully, no news about the peace march ystrdy in Chicago in memory of the 13 yr old Latin boy killed by police - no news is good news

....the chauvin case goes to the jury this week - it will not be a pretty sight in the violence-ravaged TC area if he walks....✌️✌️✌️

This post was modified 3 years ago by Stephen

Posted : April 19, 2021 9:41 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

OK - I can be shown - to give credit where it’s due, last weekend’s violence is now the top story on my news app - was moved there as of 11 min ago, it says

peaceful well wishes to all

Posted : April 19, 2021 10:28 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/17/us/indianapolis-shooting-victims.html

In March 2020, the police seized a shotgun from Mr. Hole after his mother raised concerns about his mental state, records show. But, Chief Randal Taylor said, the fact that Mr. Hole was legally able to make the more recent gun purchases indicated that — despite his mother’s warning and the police seizure of a gun — the authorities had not deemed him subject to Indiana’s so-called red flag law, which bars people from possessing a firearm if they are found by a judge to present a dangerous risk.

Posted : April 19, 2021 10:51 am
Bhawk
(@bhawk)
Famed Member

Would it be out of turn for me to say that nothing will change?

Hi everyone. 😊 

Posted : April 19, 2021 2:02 pm
Share: