Where's Bluedad?

25 Posts
14 Users
19 Likes
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I just realized I have not seen Bluedad post in a while...Or BigDave. Hope all is well. This is a better place with them for sure. 

Posted : November 24, 2020 12:51 pm
bluedad reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

They are both active on facebook, they drop in here once in a blue moon.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : November 24, 2020 1:53 pm
PhotoRon286 reacted
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Ah ok. Thanks. I just can't get in to the Facebook thing. But its all good. 

Posted : November 24, 2020 2:59 pm
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

Both guys have popped on in recent history.

With the forum being new and improved and generally peaceful, would be great if some of the Old Guard dropped by more often. Community started here and not FB so Bring It Back To Where It All Began. I prefer Rowland/Lana's World to FB personally.

Posted : November 25, 2020 2:26 pm
fast43
(@fast43)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @canadianmule

With the forum being new and improved and generally peaceful, would be great if some of the Old Guard dropped by more often. Community started here and not FB so Bring It Back To Where It All Began. I prefer Rowland/Lana's World to FB personally.

I'll probably start coming back here more often. I'm fed up with the politics from both sides on Facebook.

Posted : November 25, 2020 4:27 pm
bluedad reacted
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Well I am here only for the music aspect and the friendship and knowledge that may come with it. I am here because I love the music the Allman Brothers Band has shared with us. 

I am not interested in discussing politics or much of anything else here. But that is my opinion and we all have them... So be it. 

Thank to all that come here and share. Its all good. Nice to have this place. 

Posted : November 25, 2020 5:23 pm
DanB
 DanB
(@danb)
Prominent Member

Bluedad is trying to find a shirt before he enters the new place. 

Posted : November 26, 2020 9:43 am
bluedad reacted
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

Posted by: @fast43
Posted by: @canadianmule

I'll probably start coming back here more often. I'm fed up with the politics from both sides on Facebook.

Would be nice to see you and others around more. 

Posted : November 26, 2020 12:04 pm
fast43 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

maybe they haven't checked it out since the update

Posted : November 26, 2020 3:57 pm
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

Posted by: @matt05

maybe they haven't checked it out since the update

True in many cases I'm sure.

Either way - I never really got having to only do FB and stop popping by. It did get stupid with trolls for a bit but the good always outweighed. But lots left. I think many pre-dated you joining Matt but it was quite an amazing group of people. The community that Lana and Rowland created here for everyone blossomed. Legendary friendships born, group gatherings, love and generosity flowing everywhere. It is why it is still my favorite place on the Net. ABB/Lana/Rowland Winners Every Year!

Matt

We used to even have an Annual Awards Show - complete with Emcees, Presenters etc - we used to jam the Net with so many logged on for the Awards Show. Good times and good memories. Made a bunch of friends. Sadly we have had bad luck and lost some of the best to rock in Heaven. So many good ones - bless them. I still have emails from ODR that are closer to books. Classics as were all his posts over the years. No one made me laugh harder and that says a lot as there are real funny people here. But the ODR stealing his Mom's car while on acid and then calling her thinking that it was his gf he was dialing followed by the conversation with his Mom. Miss him and all the others who were so special and a huge part of making this site great. Another reason it would be nice to see some return just for all the memories. - past and future.

Posted : November 27, 2020 3:06 am
Wayne, matt05, harvey and 1 people reacted
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Estimable Member

@canadianmule

Well said.

Posted : November 27, 2020 2:21 pm
matt05 reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

John is alive and well and still funny as all hell.  I'm Facebook friends with him.  If anyone wants to send him a Facebook friends request it's John Howard (bluedad here).

Posted : December 4, 2020 2:10 am
bluedad reacted
bluedad
(@bluedad)
Estimable Member

I’m still here !  I talk to BigDaveOnBass occasionally,  Facebook has disabled my account there however they might might readmit me.  I don’t care one way or the other.  Good to be missed, however I am still here !!!!

Posted : July 7, 2021 10:14 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@bluedad Hey, John!

Posted : July 8, 2021 9:42 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

@canadianmule 

Yeah, but the Annual Chitlin Slinging Contest only lasted one year.

Posted : July 8, 2021 1:05 pm
bluedad
(@bluedad)
Estimable Member

@rusty Hey Rusty 😉

This post was modified 3 years ago by bluedad

Posted : July 8, 2021 3:38 pm
Rusty reacted
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

Good to see you John! Hope all are healthy and doing well including the sheep and the Strat. Expect more visits now especially as Facebook doesn't know what a good guy you are. LOL
Next chat with BDOB - say hi for CMule and tell him we are only a click away too!

Posted : July 8, 2021 5:47 pm
Dino
 Dino
(@dino)
Estimable Member

Had to pop in to say Hi.  Seeing C-Mule reference ODR and his Mom's car really brought a smile to my face. Those were some good times!  Sharing music and the annual pilgrimage to the Beacon for Left Coast parties or jello shots with the Sweeties. My mind is a bit foggy, but during an "awards" show, didn't one of the "presenters" excuse himself to go to the restroom and just never returned?  What happened there?  Still spinning all the music that was generously shared with me over the years.  Play It Loud !

Posted : July 10, 2021 2:14 pm
harvey reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Posted by: @dino

Had to pop in to say Hi.  Seeing C-Mule reference ODR and his Mom's car really brought a smile to my face. Those were some good times!  Sharing music and the annual pilgrimage to the Beacon for Left Coast parties or jello shots with the Sweeties. My mind is a bit foggy, but during an "awards" show, didn't one of the "presenters" excuse himself to go to the restroom and just never returned?  What happened there?  Still spinning all the music that was generously shared with me over the years.  Play It Loud !

Hey Dino! ... great to "see" you my friend ... I treasure the memories of those Beacon parties ... and like you, I still get so much pleasure listening to all the music that was kindly shared via this website by so many generous folks like you ... hope you are keeping well

Posted : July 10, 2021 7:02 pm
Dino reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

@canadianmule Facebook is in the minute.

Post here, wait a day or a week or month for reply.

I see posts from Dave, John, Colin within minutes. 

So many folks from here are now over on that platform.

Posted : July 11, 2021 9:44 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

Witness protection program keeps me away from FB 🤣 
Along with Dog/Cat pics, peoples' meal pics, endless sponsored ads form crap i don't care about.
It has it's purpose and many enjoy it but not my thing.

Plus I figure if Lana/Rowland can create such a great site where so many friendships grew from...it would be nice to stick around. Good enough for me before FB and good enough for me after FB.

Posted : July 11, 2021 10:26 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

@canadianmule LOL

I see daily posts on facebook from them.

"Good Morning! Take care and know that you are loved".

Always with a picture from their happy place.

Posted : July 12, 2021 9:34 pm
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

I think ron is trying to tell me that I am alone here.

🤣

Posted : July 13, 2021 6:39 am
Dino
 Dino
(@dino)
Estimable Member

@harvey   Doing good here my friend.  Retired and enjoying my free time.  I recently came across a picture from the Beacon '03 maybe?   Our room had a keg set up in the bathtub!  Compliments of Scotty and his NYC crew.  Remember Otiel showing up and playing in an impromptu jam? A hotel of full of friendly people.  Stay safe mate ...

Posted : July 13, 2021 10:35 am
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

I hate to be the one to break this but my facebook feed is full of condolences to the Torney Family.

Mike passed away the other night.

He posted here as Leafsfan.

I only met him in person once but we had many conversations over the years about mostly music and hockey.

Fitting our only meetup was @Artpark for a Mule show.

RIP Mike and deepest sympathy to Korene and his girls.

This post was modified 3 years ago by PhotoRon286

Posted : July 14, 2021 4:34 pm
Zambi and harvey reacted
Share: