The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Where's Bluedad?  

steved
(@steved)
Extreme Peach

I just realized I have not seen Bluedad post in a while...Or BigDave. Hope all is well. This is a better place with them for sure. 

Topic starter Posted : November 24, 2020 11:51 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

They are both active on facebook, they drop in here once in a blue moon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2020 12:53 pm
steved
(@steved)
Extreme Peach

Ah ok. Thanks. I just can't get in to the Facebook thing. But its all good. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 24, 2020 1:59 pm
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Peach Extraordianire

Both guys have popped on in recent history.

With the forum being new and improved and generally peaceful, would be great if some of the Old Guard dropped by more often. Community started here and not FB so Bring It Back To Where It All Began. I prefer Rowland/Lana's World to FB personally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2020 1:26 pm
fast43
(@fast43)
Peach Pro
Posted by: @canadianmule

With the forum being new and improved and generally peaceful, would be great if some of the Old Guard dropped by more often. Community started here and not FB so Bring It Back To Where It All Began. I prefer Rowland/Lana's World to FB personally.

I'll probably start coming back here more often. I'm fed up with the politics from both sides on Facebook.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2020 3:27 pm
steved
(@steved)
Extreme Peach

Well I am here only for the music aspect and the friendship and knowledge that may come with it. I am here because I love the music the Allman Brothers Band has shared with us. 

I am not interested in discussing politics or much of anything else here. But that is my opinion and we all have them... So be it. 

Thank to all that come here and share. Its all good. Nice to have this place. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 25, 2020 4:23 pm
DanB
 DanB
(@danb)
Ultimate Peach

Bluedad is trying to find a shirt before he enters the new place. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2020 8:43 am
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @fast43
Posted by: @canadianmule

I'll probably start coming back here more often. I'm fed up with the politics from both sides on Facebook.

Would be nice to see you and others around more. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2020 11:04 am
fast43 liked
matt05
(@matt05)
Ultimate Peach

maybe they haven't checked it out since the update

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2020 2:57 pm
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @matt05

maybe they haven't checked it out since the update

True in many cases I'm sure.

Either way - I never really got having to only do FB and stop popping by. It did get stupid with trolls for a bit but the good always outweighed. But lots left. I think many pre-dated you joining Matt but it was quite an amazing group of people. The community that Lana and Rowland created here for everyone blossomed. Legendary friendships born, group gatherings, love and generosity flowing everywhere. It is why it is still my favorite place on the Net. ABB/Lana/Rowland Winners Every Year!

Matt

We used to even have an Annual Awards Show - complete with Emcees, Presenters etc - we used to jam the Net with so many logged on for the Awards Show. Good times and good memories. Made a bunch of friends. Sadly we have had bad luck and lost some of the best to rock in Heaven. So many good ones - bless them. I still have emails from ODR that are closer to books. Classics as were all his posts over the years. No one made me laugh harder and that says a lot as there are real funny people here. But the ODR stealing his Mom's car while on acid and then calling her thinking that it was his gf he was dialing followed by the conversation with his Mom. Miss him and all the others who were so special and a huge part of making this site great. Another reason it would be nice to see some return just for all the memories. - past and future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2020 2:06 am
Wayne, matt05, harvey and 1 people liked
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Peach Pro

@canadianmule

Well said.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2020 1:21 pm
matt05 liked
robslob
(@robslob)
Peach Extraordianire

John is alive and well and still funny as all hell.  I'm Facebook friends with him.  If anyone wants to send him a Facebook friends request it's John Howard (bluedad here).

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2020 1:10 am
Share: