Shout Out to MartinD28

11 Posts
5 Users
13 Likes
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member
Topic starter

A couple of week ago martind28 sent me his latest CD "Back to the keys" and since then I have also taken a harder listen to his earlier CD "The blues leave slow"

I've been listening to both of these disks for the last couple week and if any of you get the chance have him send you a copy. Both are filled with great tunes. He's a solid songwriter and has outstanding musicians working with him...people like Jimmy Hall. I don't even think he tells too many here about his talent. Solid songs, solid arrangements and strong musicians are displayed on both CD's...Great work my friend!!!

Posted : November 25, 2020 1:38 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Thanks for the tip. Always enjoy hearing new talent. 

Someone recently turned me on to a young singer, guitarist and songwriter Molly Tuttle.

I think she only plays acoustic guitar but she is a real hot flat picker. 

Posted : November 25, 2020 10:20 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Thanks Goldtop for the kind words. I'll try to put up a few of the songs I wrote if anyone's interested in checking them out.

Posted : November 30, 2020 7:55 pm
cyclone88, PorkchopBob, Wayne and 1 people reacted
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@martind28 This last week I've been listening to your CD "All through the night"..really good songs sounds like a great modern country record out of Nashville...except the songs aren't cheesy...pa donk a donk...bs...Serious strong material and production/arrangements/musicianship throughout

Posted : December 2, 2020 4:32 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@martind28 definitely share some of your music (do you have a site?). Always great to see what everyone here is creating.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : December 2, 2020 4:47 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

@martind28 definitely share some of your music (do you have a site?). Always great to see what everyone here is creating.

PCB - No, don't have a site. Really don't do much social media. I'll upload another 4 songs - a bit different genres / sound then the songs uploaded the other day. There are a mix of genres here.

Posted : December 2, 2020 7:13 pm
cyclone88 reacted
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

Posted by: @martind28
Posted by: @porkchopbob

PCB - No, don't have a site. Really don't do much social media. I'll upload another 4 songs - a bit different genres / sound then the songs uploaded the other day. There are a mix of genres here.

Wonder what happened to him. He was a regular and I was looking forward to new music.

Posted : March 12, 2022 9:54 am
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@cyclone88 I did hear from him through an email about a month ago. He sent me a couple tunes he was recording. We correspond about song writing and music theory. Love his stuff. I listen to his CD's when I'm in my home gym...which hasn't seen me lately as I'm waiting to have both my hips replaced and getting under a bar right now doesn't work...

He's very passionate about his music and I really enjoy when he sends me material. I don't put it up here because it's his and his decision to let other listen when he's ready to share.

Posted : March 12, 2022 11:13 am
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

@goldtop 

Sorry to hear about upcoming surgeries.

Thanks for the update. I enjoyed his music and agree he's passionate about it. Good to know he has an interest in music theory; most of my clients don't want to know! You're absolutely right not to pass on someone else's work w/o their permission. The site doesn't have as many regulars as it used to and I noticed that he disappeared during Covid.

Good luck w/your surgeries & rehab.

Posted : March 12, 2022 11:55 am
goldtop reacted
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Hey Cyclone & Goldtop.

Thx for the comments.

Yes, as Goldtop said, I've been in touch with him periodically. He's great to share music with and for me to bounce music & theory questions off of. He's a great musician, really knows theory, & is always willing to help me out 'cause what I know about music is pretty much what my ear tells me, as I can't read music. But, I enjoy music bunches & enjoy dabbling in writing tunes. I just finished writing & recording 10 new ones, and we are currently mixing the tunes. I'll attach one now & a few others down the road when final mixes are finished.

Best to all you guys!

This post was modified 2 years ago by MartinD28

Posted : March 12, 2022 3:37 pm
nebish, goldtop and cyclone88 reacted
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

@martind28 

Great energy & arrangement. Sounding really good. Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

Posted : March 12, 2022 6:19 pm
goldtop reacted
Share: