Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Watching the playoffs?

Posted : October 14, 2020 9:05 pm
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

Are you referring to the site in general? I wonder if its the aesthetics. This current very white screen lacks flavor. I miss the blue screen that felt warmer; that old configuration that allowed more thread titles on my screen also created more of a feeling of activity and variety. 

Posted : October 14, 2020 11:39 pm
steadyhorse reacted
islalala
(@islalala)
Honorable Member

First post since the switch!

Was having deep trouble ever logging in since it happened.

Great to be back!

Posted : October 15, 2020 4:10 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

I am grateful this site is still here. Thank you Rowland and Lana and all the other ABB fans who makes this site happen. I log on many times through out the day to see what is happening. The white background is not the most inviting but I am here for the content and not the looks. 

I really like the recent posts pane to see the latest posts.

I love the Allman Brothers Band. 

Steve

Posted : October 15, 2020 5:48 pm
StratDal and PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

I like the clean, new look and interface. Very media-friendly which is great for a music site.

Glad so many have stuck around. Even though there are fewer people hanging out here since the site renovation, it feels like there is more interaction.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 15, 2020 5:59 pm
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @jimsheridan

Are you referring to the site in general? I wonder if its the aesthetics. This current very white screen lacks flavor. I miss the blue screen that felt warmer; that old configuration that allowed more thread titles on my screen also created more of a feeling of activity and variety. 

Agree. I get the point of doing a revamp, but I used to come here multiple times a day, and now it’s just a time or two a week, and a lot has to do with the presentation and feel, etc. Just isn’t as inviting or user friendly. Feels bad to be critical because I love it here, but hopefully this is taken as constructive criticism. 

Posted : October 15, 2020 11:03 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I know things have been slowing down here for awhile(traffic) and even more with the switch to the new site. At first it was alittle different, but it really does not bother me now.

There are post on the 1st page of 'anything goes" are 1-2 wks old(last post). Threads would cycle in and out at a pretty good clip for quite awhile. Not so much any more. I at least try and hit the site 1-2 times a day, even more if things would be really happening.

I dont really post on the WP all that much. A little to toxic for me. It seems to be a little more steady than AG, due to political climate of our country(president) and the opposite leanings of most of the members. That might change in a couple of weeks!

Its kinda sad to see it slow up so much. I dont really use social media such as FB,Instagram, and etc... this place is about as far as I go. I try and post things, but the traffic is really not here to take it much further. I do enjoy visiting here and chatting with the people on this site. Very knowledgeable and insightful bunch for sure.

Just miss the activity that once was.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : October 16, 2020 9:11 am
Lana reacted
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: @cmgst34
Posted by: @jimsheridan

Agree. I get the point of doing a revamp, but I used to come here multiple times a day, and now it’s just a time or two a week, and a lot has to do with the presentation and feel, etc. Just isn’t as inviting or user friendly. Feels bad to be critical because I love it here, but hopefully this is taken as constructive criticism. 

Hi guys - 

I take the input seriously.   

The old site was overdue for a re-platforming.  While it has several thousand hours of my own custom coding, it was based on tech that has been out of support for years, and which was hard to use on mobile.  Mobile devices are half our traffic now.  

We are now on absolutely current, well-supported technology.  

It's much easier to share images or link to Youtube videos with the new site.  

We have a hidden gem in the "Peachbook" feature which people have not really taken advantage of yet.  It has a lot of the same capabilities as Facebook - but to be fun, more people have to use it.  Try adding Friends and posting on your wall.  Invite people who haven't been to the site for a while and who you miss to come back home.

Add me as a friend :).

The more the merrier Smile

I'm sure we'll find things that need improvement, just PM me or post here.

Cheers,

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : October 16, 2020 6:13 pm
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin

Ok guys, here's a dark theme for the Forum.  I'll leave this up for a few days and see if it brings people back Smile

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : October 16, 2020 6:14 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@rowland Whoa, everything is black now. I know everyone has their preference, but I preferred the black text on white. It was less jarring on the eyes and it looked cleaner.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 16, 2020 6:18 pm
StratDal reacted
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: @porkchopbob

@rowland Whoa, everything is black now. I know everyone has their preference, but I preferred the black text on white. It was less jarring on the eyes and it looked cleaner.

I just put up a poll - vote your preference!

I'll get right to it...

Posted : October 16, 2020 6:25 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

I like the black background Rowland.  Thanks!  So far, I'm liking the new platform.  ABB.com is a great place to visit and hang out.  The road goes on forever... 😎 

Posted : October 16, 2020 6:57 pm
steadyhorse
(@steadyhorse)
Reputable Member

I like the black background, we need blackey back...

Posted : October 16, 2020 8:32 pm
rowland reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @steadyhorse

I like the black background, we need blackey back...

I personally like the darker black/blue color myself. But hey, that is an opinion which we all know is as good as...

Regarding Blackey, funny you mention him. I was reading through some old threads today at work and while a lot of his posts said the same things over and over that many of us know, and he went off on me, I kind of miss the guy. A true fan. I thought the same thing about him. Again, just an opinion. 😀 😛 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : October 16, 2020 10:40 pm
Share: