The Allman Brothers Band
Watch: Col. Bruce H...

Notifications
Clear all

Watch: Col. Bruce Hampton Stars in New Film ‘Here Comes Rusty,’ Feat. Brandon “Taz” Niederauer, George Porter Jr. and Nikki Glaspie

7 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
LeglizHemp
(@leglizhemp)
Illustrious Member
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Wow, Col Bruce with the late great Fred Willard, and even Mark Borchardt! Way to bury the lede.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : December 3, 2020 2:41 pm
islalala
(@islalala)
Honorable Member

This is a must watch for sure

Posted : December 3, 2020 5:21 pm
LeglizHemp
(@leglizhemp)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ironically it was a fitting farewell

No, spoilers

Posted : December 3, 2020 10:29 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Can't wait to watch this!!  Thanks! 😎 

Posted : December 4, 2020 2:31 pm
islalala
(@islalala)
Honorable Member

Finally watched this....... it was basically awful. And I couldn't take my eyes off it or turn away.

Man, it was so good to be with the Col. for 1.5 hours. 

Posted : January 1, 2021 12:05 pm
Rusty reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Posted by: @islalala

Finally watched this....... it was basically awful. And I couldn't take my eyes off it or turn away.

Man, it was so good to be with the Col. for 1.5 hours. 

I am a life-long fan of Col Bruce and Fred Willard.  I waited and waited for an opportunity to watch this ... "film".  It was available to all the "insiders" - folks with connections - seemingly forever.  I felt like I was the victim of snobbery!  Maybe my expectations were too high ... I don't know.  Yeah, it's great to have Col Bruce recorded for posterity - to be able to look back - have his image and personality captured on "film".  I was at the birthday show ... I already have gruesome enough memories.  But, OUCH!  

The "movie" is worth seeing just for Col Bruce's presence.  That's the best review that I can give it.

Posted : January 1, 2021 12:11 pm
Share: