Clear all

Unheard Duane Allman Show

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Cubsballhawk
(@cubsballhawk)
Topic starter

Hey everyone. I'm almost 100% certain that a tape circulates of 1971-10-06 (here's a link to more info of the show: https://allmanbrothersband.com/event/abb19711006/). I know it must be a rare tape, as it is not widely accessible, but I was wondering if anyone has any info on the show, or especially the tape for the show? I have a whole lot of rare shows and stuff I'd be willing to share if anyone knows or can find out some info on the show/tape. It would be one of Duane's last shows, and has the only known live version of "Please Call Home" from the original band.

Posted : August 6, 2021 3:02 pm
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

According the the Live Show database here on this site the concert was at UNM in Las Cruces. 

Setlist: 

70 – Dreams
80 – Hot 'Lanta
110 –partial, order?

Sure would be great if this surfaces!!!

Steve

Posted : August 6, 2021 3:35 pm
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Reputable Member

What makes you think that a tape exists??

Posted : August 6, 2021 7:02 pm
CrossEyedCat
(@crosseyedcat)
Estimable Member

@Cubsballhawk - I'm not sure this exists, hopefully it does, you could try the ABB Discord server, lots of fans generously opening up their collections there.

Not sure it was one of their better gigs, it is the basis of the "meanspirited" article by Grover Lewis 'Rolling Stone', November 25, 1971, Issue No. 96. I think "meanspirited" was the word used by Butch to describe the article.

https://www.duaneallman.info/hittingthenote.htm

Posted : August 9, 2021 7:38 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@crosseyedcat That is some article. Obviously a group of extremely dedicated musicians who are deeply devoted to their craft. Well cultured, polished chaps that display discipline, manners and a command of the English language that demonstrates all are well educated and sophisticated chaps that would be perfect as the musical entertainment at the great parties thrown by Marian Davis at the William Randolph Hearst mansion on the west coast or the lovely Manhattan penthouse condominium of Gloria Vanderbilt!! 

Here they are now at the ballroom in the Waldorf Astoria!

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : August 9, 2021 11:32 am
Share: