The Allman Brothers Band
“Trouble No More” f...

Notifications
Clear all

“Trouble No More” from 1st album on Walking Dead, World Beyond.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

20:00, dudes in truck.  

Posted : October 14, 2021 10:52 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Nothing here to listen to or to read. Did the Dead do Trouble No More? Muddy's original version is a fun listen but the ABB rearranged it for their cover version. 

Here is the best live version of Trouble No More. 

And Butch and Jaimoe are sensational on drums. Bass is right on the big note all the time. Gregg's organ is tight and thumping. 

And Duane and Dickey have killer tone, energy and perfect phrasing!!! 

Nothing beats the original band on their shows where they are really hitting the note. 

My favorite band, line up and it will never change. I'd rather hear the original ABB and drive 150 miles than walk across the street and see Van Halen or Deep Purple FREE! 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by robertdee

Posted : October 17, 2021 8:51 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Dee Wayne!! I've been researching Duane's slide style and it goes against the grain of what Warren says on his video. I have reviews in print now that confirmed my suspicion. Warren says your fingers without the slide need to damp the strings not played to keep them from making unwanted noise. But Duane apparently didn't do that. Only his glass bottle was touching the strings. 

I didn't notice or pay attention to that when I saw Duane play. 

Porkchopbob is a good slide player. Maybe he can shed some light on this!! 

Posted : October 17, 2021 9:08 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

CRAZY WILD SLIDE GUITAR WITH NASTY SUSTAIN FROM JACKIE BOY JUST AFTER Billy Strings does a break. HOT! HOT! HOT!

Posted : October 18, 2021 10:34 am
Share: