TRAFFIC | Woodstock '94

4 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Traffic is one of my top five favorite groups, and today is Jim Capaldi's birthday so it's a great day to spin one of the last great Traffic Jams. This lineup features Randall Bramlett (Gregg Allman Tour, Sea Leavel) on horns, sitting in for the late Chris Wood.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 2, 2022 11:38 am
Rusty and harvey reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Excellent stuff Brett ... thanks for sharing that ... Low Spark of High Heeled Boys is one of my all time favourites

Posted : August 2, 2022 5:41 pm
cyclone88 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Low Spark of High Heel Boys is one of my favorite albums by any band and sold over 1 million copies. 

I paused the 1994 Woodstock concert for dinner. Watch the rest this evening. It's a great show so far. Tight and professional. Great vocals and the lead guitar is clean and just enough to sound great as are the other musicians. First time I heard Steve sing was in 1967 on Give me Good Lovin' by Spencer Davis Group. 

I think Jim Gordon was on drums at one Traffic show I saw in the early 1970's. 

About 4 years ago Randell Bramblet played at a small club in my area. About 50 people but it was a good show. Randell surprisingly played an electric piano on half of their songs instead of Saxophone. 

Happy  birthday Jim Capaldi who also had a good voice and a good drummer.  I'm sure he died about 15 to 20 years ago though. 

Yesterday was Jerry Garcia's 80th birthday. Jerry died at age 53 in a drug rehab. The Empire State Building in New York was lighted in what the building called tye dyed colors for Garcia. The old tower lights which had seven colors were replaced with LED lights in 2012 so with a computer they can dial up hundreds of colors and color combinations. 

Posted : August 2, 2022 6:39 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@harvey That's a good one. I'm in the minority, but I always preferred the Dave Mason era - that second album is one of my favorites (TTB used to cover "Who Knows What Tomorrow Will Bring"). Welcome to the Canteen is on regular rotation. Still love Traffic without Mason - John Barleycorn never gets old. Incredibly underrated band.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 3, 2022 9:04 am
harvey reacted
Share: