The Allman Brothers Band
Slash ft. Myles Ken...

Notifications
Clear all

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators - The River Is Rising (Official Music Video)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : October 29, 2021 7:23 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Thanks for sharing as it is classic Slash. I could picture that song being on a "Use Your Illusion" album with Axl on vocals.

Love Slash w/ Myles and his band. I have seen Slash, Myles and their band half a dozen times in small venues and they always put on a kick ass show.

Slash has put together an excellent band with Myles.

It has been interesting to see the band evolve at each show I saw going from playing a mixture of GNR, Snakepit, Velvet Revolver and Alterbridge songs to slowly playing mostly music from their albums each tour.

Just got tickets to see them at the Boston HOB today for just over $100 for 2- tix. I saw the band there several times in the past and it is a great place to see a concert if you don't mind standing for 3 hours unless you pony up for the limited upper mezzanine seats which are hard to get.

JMO but I would rather see this band than pay the crazy money for decent seats to see the current bloated incarnation of GNR in a large stadium.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-tickets/artist/1729758

Posted : October 29, 2021 2:32 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@bill_graham  As I am as well, a fan of Slash and  love Myles vocals, and I REALLY want to like this band and get into them, something just falls short for me. I am about 50/50 on they're music. Some I really dig, others seem to be just filler and meh. Its just my opinion. The song above is pretty good!!

I think they can write music, but might need a little help in that dept as well as Myles in his solo stuff. Same there, hit or miss. What a great vocalist though.

I have seen this band as well live a couple of times and they are rock solid in that setting. Small hall, cheap tix's!!

There has been mention of GnR writing material , we will see on that. They might miss the Izzy factor on that one a little.

Duff was in a band over the last decade called Walking Papers. A little different, but had some pretty good songs.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : November 2, 2021 7:46 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@jszfunk Yeah I agree that not all Slash's solo work is a winner. I usually like about half the songs on his albums while the rest are pretty generic filler as you said. 

He has been so prolific and had been putting out a solo album with Myles every couple of years before GnR reformed. I am happy he puts them all the songs on his albums as one man's filler is another man's favorite song so I can pick and choose the ones I like.

I also agree that the members of the classic GnR band are better together than solo. They just had fantastic chemistry on Appetite as I felt the Illusion albums had some filler songs and Izzy had checked out during the recording of that album and his influence was missed on some songs.

Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff all had some decent solo stuff but I thought they were better together as opposed to solo.

Personally I don't consider Chinese Democracy a real GnR album but rather a Axl solo project. I like some of the songs on that album but I would have loved to have seen what that album could have been with Slash, Izzy, and Duff's contributions to the song writing to make a a real GNR album.

As far as GnR writing songs for a new album, it took Axl close to 10 years to finally release ChiDem and that was only because the label cut off his funding so I will believe it when I am holding the album in my hands.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : November 2, 2021 8:31 am
Share: