8 Posts
7 Users
1 Likes
VTAB
 VTAB
(@vtab)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I caught Little Feat yesterday, Flynn theatre BTV and they were great. The played Waiting for Columbus and a few others

nice show. Scott was on fire, played a lot of slide and vocals were good. Band was excellent. Man I heard a lot of 

ABB like jams last night. Sweet, nice to be out taking in live music.  

Posted : November 21, 2021 4:19 pm
ffisher reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Sounds fantastic, the Flynn is a nice venue

Posted : November 21, 2021 4:25 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I'm at Scott Sherrard fan. Scott was fine everytime I've seen him. Usually had a nice sounding ES-335. I think once I saw him play a Tele on a couple of songs. 

Posted : November 21, 2021 5:46 pm
islalala
(@islalala)
Honorable Member

Wow, thanks for the heads up I had no idea Scott was playing with them. 

Posted : November 21, 2021 9:27 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Little Feat.  I guess Scott's feat are small enough for him to join!!

I miss the L. George lineup. They were about as good as the original Allman Brothers 

This post was modified 2 years ago by robertdee

Posted : November 22, 2021 10:34 am
meandean
(@meandean)
Estimable Member

Doubt I would pay to see this incarnation of LF. If they happen to be playing a fest I’m already at, curiosity would get me to check them out. At this point, it’s only Bill, Kenny & Sam from their classic lineup. My hang up is with the vocals, Bill only sang lead on a few songs. Lowell and Paul were the voices of the Feat. I thought Craig Fuller did a great job singing Lowell’s parts when they first reformed, but once he left, they were never the same IMO. Richie Hayward was always one of my favorite drummers too, so I just don’t have a reason to pay hard earned cash to see this band. I’m sure they do the music justice, but the lack of iconic vocals combined with no more Hayward = I’ll pass. At least the ABB always had Gregg’s voice at the helm. 

Posted : November 23, 2021 2:06 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @meandean

Doubt I would pay to see this incarnation of LF. If they happen to be playing a fest I’m already at, curiosity would get me to check them out. At this point, it’s only Bill, Kenny & Sam from their classic lineup. My hang up is with the vocals, Bill only sang lead on a few songs. Lowell and Paul were the voices of the Feat. I thought Craig Fuller did a great job singing Lowell’s parts when they first reformed, but once he left, they were never the same IMO. Richie Hayward was always one of my favorite drummers too, so I just don’t have a reason to pay hard earned cash to see this band. I’m sure they do the music justice, but the lack of iconic vocals combined with no more Hayward = I’ll pass. At least the ABB always had Gregg’s voice at the helm. 

Craig Fuller is tremendous. Think about this - He was a founding member & primary writer for Pure Prairie League to later in his career completely crossing genres as a player with Little Feat fitting in and playing front man perfectly. Really nice vocalist. Great song writer.

Posted : November 24, 2021 6:30 pm
fender31
(@fender31)
Noble Member

That's Great.  Scott is a good player. Gregg really admired him alot I think.

Posted : November 28, 2021 10:23 am
Share: