RIP Don Everly

5 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

https://www.al.com/life/2021/08/don-everly-of-the-everly-brothers-dead-at-84.html

Preceded in death by his brother, Phil.  One of the sets of often feuding rock and roll brothers and the epitome of tasteful duet singing that inspired just about everybody.  Paul McCartney is on record of saying that, "had it not been for the Everlys, there would have been no Beatles."  The two brothers appeared together or independently with many artists over the years - including Paul Simon, Mark Knopfler, Linda Ronstandt and Warren Zevon - the latter who served as their music director towards the end of their "getting along alright" days.  The music of the Everly Brothers certainly meant a lot to me over the years.  God rest Don Everly.

Posted : August 22, 2021 10:44 am
dzobo
(@dzobo)
Reputable Member

So sad to hear about Don's passing.  He and Phil were just about incomparable in their vocal unity.  Was so fortunate to see them perform after they reunited in the 80's.

Posted : August 22, 2021 11:43 am
Rusty reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Now I ask you:  DOES IT REALLY GET ANY MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THIS?

Posted : August 26, 2021 3:11 am
Rusty reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@robslob Yes that is pretty and great two part singing. Both are over on the other side now as Dickey would say about the departed. 

Posted : August 26, 2021 1:35 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

One of my favorite clips - features four of my all-time favorites.  I think Mark Knopfler wrote the song.  Chet was the guy basically responsible for bringing the Everly Brothers to the attention of the world.  Enjoy!

Posted : August 27, 2021 10:10 am
robslob reacted
Share: