9 Users
6 Likes
Blueser
(@blueser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hal Horowitz gives this a solid review.

Cannot wait to get this.

Review: The Black Crowes 'Happiness Bastards' (rockandbluesmuse.com)

Posted : March 12, 2024 2:57 pm
matt05 reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for sharing!

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : March 13, 2024 6:14 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Sounds like some good new music. Shake Your Money Maker is their Hotel California or Brothers and Sisters. Lots of pressure from the label and others to repeat that kind of sales. 

I read last night The Doobie Brothers are coming out with their first studio album of new material in over 40 years. 

I thought that wasn't right but didn't try to look it up. Too lazy or just didn't care. I bought four of their albums in the 1970's. 

Said it has all three of their most popular members: Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons and Michael McDonald. 

Posted : March 13, 2024 12:02 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

Posted by: @robertdee

Sounds like some good new music. Shake Your Money Maker is their Hotel California or Brothers and Sisters. Lots of pressure from the label and others to repeat that kind of sales. 

I read last night The Doobie Brothers are coming out with their first studio album of new material in over 40 years. 

I thought that wasn't right but didn't try to look it up. Too lazy or just didn't care. I bought four of their albums in the 1970's. 

Said it has all three of their most popular members: Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons and Michael McDonald. 

thats not true at all. the doobie brothers have like 6 albums since 1990 of new studio material 

Posted : March 13, 2024 12:17 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Cycles is the only later one I remember (vaguely) by them, from 1989-90 or so

Posted : March 13, 2024 1:01 pm
matt05 reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Regarding the Crowes, I am also looking forward to it. Ironically, I am currently reading Steve Gorman's autobiography about his time in The Crowes. I always thought they were the best with Marc Ford.

As for The Doobies, I think this might be the first studio album with McDonald in the 40-year timeframe. I could be wrong. And they did have a few good albums from the 90s as I recall.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 13, 2024 3:21 pm
matt05 reacted
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Estimable Member

Doobies "World Gone Crazy" 2010

Posted : March 13, 2024 6:39 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee That must be what the article was about. First new material album with Michael McDonald in 40 years. I thought Michael McDonald really changed the vibe of that band. 

I went to their website and Michael McDonald IS listed as a member now and so is Marc Quininos a member. 

Marc was in the Gregg Allman Band when Gregg passed and before the ABB was in Spyro Grya. 

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by robertdee

Posted : March 13, 2024 6:45 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

That makes sense. Michael was a guest last time he appeared on 1 song 

Posted : March 14, 2024 10:07 am
DOVETAIL
(@dovetail)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @blueser

Hal Horowitz gives this a solid review.

Cannot wait to get this.

Review: The Black Crowes 'Happiness Bastards' (rockandbluesmuse.com)

This site never says ANTHING that's not laudatory!?!?

Posted : March 19, 2024 8:41 am
gotdrumz
(@gotdrumz)
Reputable Member

Heard a new Crowes tune while loading out last week-end.  Sounded all right to me, but I am easy.

Posted : March 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

In last night's mail, I received the latest issue of Relix. Chris & Rich are on the cover under a subtitle: "PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS". I got a chuckle out of that because it sure seems to have always been the case.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : April 3, 2024 8:44 am
Share: