NEW ARCHIVE RELEASE

11 Posts
8 Users
9 Likes
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Bill Levensen has posted on his FB page that he is currently in a mastering session with Jason NeSmith at Chase Park Transduction studios for the upcoming Allman Brothers Band @ RFK Stadium, June 9 & 10, 1973 archive release(s).

This topic was modified 11 months ago 2 times by harvey

Posted : May 26, 2023 11:50 am
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

Exciting news. Bring it on! Thanks Harvey. 

Posted : May 26, 2023 2:14 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

The ABB was smoking in 1973. I saw several shows. A Nashville show was stomping hot. 

Here is Southbound from 1973 live. Chuck, Jaimoe and Lamar are kicking this one! 

Posted : May 27, 2023 6:29 am
DarylM
(@darylm)
Estimable Member

Way overdue. But it should have been done in time to release 

in conjunction with the Dead sets. In any event, bring them on!

Posted : May 27, 2023 2:10 pm
matt05 reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Will be nice to get the 1973 JFK concerts officially. Will be curious if the SQ is better than the boots.

For the Duane Era boxset really hoping they release the N.O. Warehouse concerts that Butch claimed the band had the tapes of. The band always played great shows there.

This post was modified 11 months ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : May 28, 2023 10:18 am
matt05 and salcapitano reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

Great news

Posted : May 28, 2023 8:15 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Posted by: @bill_graham

Will be nice to get the 1973 JFK concerts officially. Will be curious if the SQ is better than the boots.

For the Duane Era boxset really hoping they release the N.O. Warehouse concerts that Butch claimed the band had the tapes of. The band always played great shows there.

I musta missed something, a Duane Era box? Guess I didn't understand that that might be forthcoming? As far as the A Warehouse shows in New Orleans, I'd imagine if the band/management had a source other than the audience tape shows that have circulated for years, they'd have issued that long before now.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : May 29, 2023 6:31 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

@oldcoot there was some mention of a duane boxset but i can't recall if it went into more specifics. it might have been "the best live version of every tune played during the duanee era" or something which i'm guessing thats 4 cd's if they pick 1 version of each tune

Posted : May 30, 2023 12:00 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I'm glad to see this era/line up get a release over the "originals" at his point. Would to hear/see Dickey and Warren, Dickey and Jack shows hopefully in the future.

This post was modified 11 months ago by jszfunk

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : May 30, 2023 9:06 am
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@jszfunk Some may recall Gregg Allman toward the end of his life say all the concerts with his brother which are good enough to be released have been released. 

Gregg said Kirk West had collected a number of tapes but they aren't good enough to release. Gregg didn't understand why anyone would want to hear such tapes recorded on cheap recorders being held by someone in the audience and the band is in the background with drums hard to hear, vocals hard to hear etc. 

But Gregg probably forgot about the N.O.Warehouse tapes Butch Trucks referenced. 

There is a June 1973 Madison Square Garden show of the Chuck/Lamar lineup and you can hear the band was having a hot night but it's an audience tape so I've only listen to it once. 

Posted : May 31, 2023 8:31 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Posted by: @robertdee

@jszfunk Some may recall Gregg Allman toward the end of his life say all the concerts with his brother which are good enough to be released have been released. 

Gregg said Kirk West had collected a number of tapes but they aren't good enough to release. Gregg didn't understand why anyone would want to hear such tapes recorded on cheap recorders being held by someone in the audience and the band is in the background with drums hard to hear, vocals hard to hear etc. 

But Gregg probably forgot about the N.O.Warehouse tapes Butch Trucks referenced. 

There is a June 1973 Madison Square Garden show of the Chuck/Lamar lineup and you can hear the band was having a hot night but it's an audience tape so I've only listen to it once. 

Here it is. 

Posted : May 31, 2023 8:32 am
Share: