3 Likes
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I saw Leon twice. The first time was in the mid 90s in a club outside of Detroit. His tour bus was outside after the show and people wanted his autograph. You gave the item to this guy and it came back signed but who knows who signed it.

The second time was a few years ago at The Chicago Theatre. TTB was playing two nights and I won a pair for either night, I just had to tell them. One night was "An Evening With" and the other was Leon opening. I knew Leon was getting up there so I chose that night. Our seats were in the front row. Unfortunately right in front of his great big piano so we couldn't see him. Sounded great though.

During TTB's set Leon came out and joined them. They put his piano on the other side of the stage so we could actually see him. 

While not my favorite, I always liked his work. His stuff with Joe Cocker was great.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Lee

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 7, 2023 3:14 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member

This is a wonderful read about Leon and his scene. The Kay Poorboy mentioned is the girl in the Layla collage.

http://www.hollywoodhangover.com/htm_files/excerpt_from_book.htm

Posted : March 7, 2023 3:48 pm
Zinniagirl
(@zinniagirl)

Saw Leon in Charlotte, NC, 2008. It was a dive of a venue yet intimate and nostalgic.  Maybe Neighborhood Theater? I know it was near a Mellow Mushroom pizza joynt.  My first and last Leon show.  Thank you to the overfed long haired leaping gnome (ha) for taking me. It was wonderful. I feel grateful and blessed to have seen Leon live.  Enjoyed every minute.  Thanks for the post here.  Look forward to reading. 

Posted : March 9, 2023 9:32 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Share: