Jimmy Page 1988 "Ohio" live CD bootleg

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Amazon continues to have its "grey area" releases for sale. I snapped this one up and I dig it. 

I'd give the audio quality a B but the performance an A. It is one of the best post-Zep performances I have heard from Page, and the band kills it. John Miles has a great hard rock voice, somewhere between Coverdale, Rodgers, and Hagar. The setlist has some Deathwish 2, some Outrider, some Zep, some Firm, and some Yardbirds. Jimmy does the between-song stage yap, and he is a hoot.

Most importantly, he plays well. The Firm shows earlier in the decade had a lot of slop. He had clearly sharpened his game (reputedly quitting heroin after about a decade of abuse before this tour) and could play fast and interesting and get good tones and Hit The Note, while still sounding loose. 

Posted : June 10, 2021 11:32 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the heads up. I do have a radio broadcast show of that era. I am not sure of the locale. I will look into it when I get home. I have always been kinda hesitant on the grey area stuff on amazon. I am a little bit of a sticker when it comes to the audio. B level audio would probably be fine for me.

Yeah I agree about John Miles,solid vocals. I am not really familiar with him besides the stuff with Jimmy. I wonder what else he has done.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : June 11, 2021 12:16 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@jszfunk I still vividly remember seeing Jimmy Page in 1974 playing a bright and beautiful sunburst Les Paul and bringing out a bow for I guess a stand up bass and playing that guitar with a bow. That is a stand out moment in my concert experiences. Also it was loud and John Bonham played some on his drums with his hands instead of drum sticks. 

Posted : June 11, 2021 2:46 pm
Share: