Jaimoe on tour!

8 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This might have been mentioned, but I just saw Jaimoe is doing some shows with the  Allman Betts Band and Blackberry Smoke. Nice! That trio of bands with be hitting the  Indy area in Sept. Will try and go. I probably need to try and listen to BBS a little more. From what I heard in the past really did noting for me.

https://www.jambase.com/band/jaimoe

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : June 18, 2021 11:47 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Nice to hear Jaimoe is getting back on stage. Always one of my favorite shows.

Regarding Blackberry, I'm with you. All great musicians, I've enjoyed the covers they throw into their scaled-down acoustic sets, but their own songs haven't caught my ear.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : June 18, 2021 11:52 am
rationalrebel
(@rationalrebel)
Estimable Member

Awesome! Guessing he will be sitting in with the bands on the bill as it doesn't mention his band. Got my ticket for the Nashville show. I think Blackberry Smoke just released a new album, I need to give it a listen.

Posted : June 18, 2021 11:53 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

It was probably me that mentioned them. They (BBS) were supposed to come to Chicago with The Allman Betts Band with Jaimoe opening. Then the show was taken off all of the band's websites but it is still on the venue site. I didn't check TM but you could buy tix for it even after the bands took them down. Who knows? I gave up.

Regarding BBS, I love them. They remind me a lot of old Skynyrd. Actually I think they don't like the comparison but I get it. I have a show of theirs and you can't hear what was said but the singer says "We aren't going to play any Skynyrd. You wanna hear Skynyrd, go to a Skynrd show". So you know what some fan said. That got old a long time ago.

The last time I saw them was two years ago. They did a co-headlining tour with JJ Grey & Mofro at this little park outside of Wrigley Field. 

They've opened for the ABB and Gregg solo.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lee

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : June 18, 2021 4:28 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee  Apparently Jaimoe doesn't have a band for these shows but is sitting in with Allman Betts and Smoke. Isn't that right? 

Posted : June 19, 2021 8:43 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Got me. I thought he was opening for them. Last time I saw him he had a band. I think Junior Mack was with him. They played a side stage before a Gregg show. Last time I saw Gregg. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lee

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : June 19, 2021 3:02 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@lee Jaimoe's Jasszz Band (bad spelling) - great, great band!  Yeah, Junior Mack was the guitarist.   At one of the last shows I saw, he whined a little bit about not being able to afford 'em.  I'm sure the lack of performance opportunities during the pandemic factored into his not having his own band.  Hopefully, this is temporary.

Posted : June 21, 2021 5:11 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Jaimoe has had pretty much the same band for the past 15 years or so, fronted by Junior Mack with Dave Stolz, Kris Jensen, Reggie Pitman, sometimes Bruce Katz. They are always fantastic, definitely look up their music if you haven't had the pleasure.

They have never done really big tours or played regularly, usually just a few dates around the northeast and some festivals like Wanee or Peach. It's not their only gig, Junion Mack also plays in Friends of the Brothers.

A quick look at Jaimoe's site confirms it's just Jaimoe tagging along on the BBS/Allman Betts tour and not his Jassz Band. Jaimoe "& Friends" is scheduled to play Peach Fest next week.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : June 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Rusty reacted
Share: