Did We Just Go "White" ...

10 Posts
8 Users
11 Likes
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Is it just me on my computer or did the adminz change appearance? Personally - not feeling the new look. Can't tell who's on first ... or if anybody's even here. Personal opinion, here.

Posted : August 4, 2022 5:42 am
muletrane
(@muletrane)
Eminent Member

I don't care for the white either. It's a bit of a shock.

Someday, everything's gonna be different
When I paint my masterpiece.

Posted : August 4, 2022 6:28 am
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

Hmm me either. Just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how I changed the background. Glad to know it's not me!

Posted : August 4, 2022 6:35 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Me too. I thought it was my computer. And I didn't see the thing where the last post was made in a particular thread. And the other emoji thing is gone. At least I think so. I hope it is temporary.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : August 4, 2022 9:38 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

It's not just the background color, links aren't embedding like they used to.

@rowland did a switch get flipped?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 4, 2022 9:45 am
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

Please let's go dark again - so much easier on the eyes. Not high on the new configuration & "badges;" feel like I'm on twitter which is NOT a compliment. But whatever is easiest/best for Rowland/admins. Grateful to have it.

Posted : August 4, 2022 10:35 am
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin

Hey guys - this was a new theme installed automatically by the software and defaults to the white background.  I changed to its dark theme.

The layout of the new theme is different, let's give it a try.  Like everything "new and improved" we'll probably go through a period of adjustment.

But y'all are very flexible, right 🙂 !?

Hit that note,

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : August 4, 2022 10:44 am
robslob, harvey, cyclone88 and 2 people reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@rowland Thanks for the update, dig the new layout, but previous display was a little more user friendly. Specifically it embedded video links automatically rather than having to leave the HTN site. There was also a recent activity window on the right that was helpful. Minor, but any way to switch that back? Or is it possible for us to customize?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 4, 2022 12:04 pm
harvey and Rusty reacted
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin

Good questions, I'll dig into it.  When the Forum software just loaded the new Forum, it looks like it just went with all defaults so I need to remember what I did two years ago 🙂 !!  

And it's not easy to remember what I did yesterday 🙂

I'll get right to it...

Posted : August 4, 2022 12:14 pm
robslob, harvey, PorkchopBob and 1 people reacted
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Welcome to the the world of info systems where change is constant and supposedly changes and upgrades are "perceived" to be better along with delivering efficiencies and better effects. The reality is that sometimes older is better.

This post was modified 2 years ago by MartinD28

Posted : August 4, 2022 3:57 pm
Share: